Club Web Pages

Ray Cadmus

I recently ran across the list of QRP club pages by W0CH.

http://www.w0ch.net/clubs/qrp_clubs.htm

Being the curious sort I had to check out each one. Doing so I discovered several interesting things.

1 - a few of the pages no longer exist - not surprising, it's not easy to keep up with broken links when the isp's snag the page request for advertising purposes.

2 - Some of the sites are very interesting - well worth browsing now and probably on a regular basis.

3 - Way too many are not kept up to date, some appear to have been abandoned years ago :-(

4 - Our 4sqrp site is one of the best. I find it interesting, informative, entertaining and always up to date.

As a retired IT guy and web developer I really appreciate the effort that goes into a good web site.

My thanks and congratulations to our webmaster and his helpers (if any) for a job well done.

72,

ray W0PFO

Phil Anderson

I agree totally with what your say Ray. I am the webmaster for the www.midnightscience.com site and just took over our
local clubs site.........which was abandoned..........bunch of work there......

It is best to have something new up there each and every week..........even if it is just some circuit tidbit or a story about
a member or whatever..................

Uncle Phil in Lawrence...........

W0PFO wrote:

I recently ran across the list of QRP club pages by W0CH.

http://www.w0ch.net/clubs/qrp_clubs.htm

bobby rolph

This is a great list!
tnx
Bobby

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 9:39 AM, W0PFO <rcadmus@...> wrote:

[...]

David Bixler <qrp@...>

Hi Ray and the group:

Thanks for the head's up about the club page links. I just uploaded a revised page with several links corrected to new URLs and deleted two dead links. Thanks to Chuck, I deleted the NETXQRP site.

I have been leaving the abandoned site links up unless I hear from someone in the group. That is to allow people to possibly locate QRP'ers in the communities involved.

I'm also a retired IT guy but I too often neglect my own hobby sites!

Yes I agree, David Martin does a magnificent job with the 4SQRP site!

73, Dave W0CH