From: 4sqrp@... [mailto:4sqrp@...] On Behalf Of WA0ITP
Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2013 1:04 PM
To: 4sqrp@...
Subject: [4sqrp] Spook Light

With Brutus coming up, I'm reminded of the Spook Light near Nesho, Mo. Has anyone seen it?  Is it still there?  Is it real?

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP

Tom Sevart

On 08/08/2013 13:04, WA0ITP wrote:
With Brutus coming up, I'm reminded of the Spook Light near Nesho, Mo.
Has anyone seen it? Is it still there? Is it real?
I've always wanted to go down and see it, but never went down there. I don't know exactly where the road is to see it, but it's near Hornet.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

WA0ITP

I Googled it earlier today and saw that it referred to as the Hornet Spook light
in some references.

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

| > With Brutus coming up, I'm reminded of the Spook Light near Nesho, Mo.
| > Has anyone seen it? Is it still there? Is it real?
| >

| I've always wanted to go down and see it, but never went down there. I
| don't know exactly where the road is to see it, but it's near Hornet.
|
| --
| Tom Sevart N2UHC
| St. Paul, KS

Tom Sevart

On 08/08/2013 21:25, WA0ITP wrote:
I Googled it earlier today and saw that it referred to as the Hornet Spook light
in some references.
I've seen the road leading to Hornet just off 43 highway but never gone that way.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

n0jrn <n0jrn@...>

I drove over there with a bunch of high school friends back in 1968.

We did see the light and found as most would say, when you think
your getting close to it, it's gone and appears some distance behind
you. Pretty strange !

Jerry N0JRN

----- "Tom Sevart" <tmsevart@gmail.com> wrote:

On 08/08/2013 21:25, WA0ITP wrote:
I Googled it earlier today and saw that it referred to as the Hornet
Spook light
in some references.
I've seen the road leading to Hornet just off 43 highway but never
gone
that way.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge guys
I'm not into spook chasing, but this is interesting!
We have an old farm house nearby that all of the locals say is haunted with a "good ghost"
It is supposed to be a lady that appears now and then but does no harm, just glowing lights in the house late at night?
I am not one to second guess, so I am going to take their word for it!

Sent from my iPad

----- "Tom Sevart" <tmsevart@...> wrote:

> On 08/08/2013 21:25, WA0ITP wrote:
> > I Googled it earlier today and saw that it referred to as the Hornet
> Spook light
> > in some references.
> >

> I've seen the road leading to Hornet just off 43 highway but never
> gone
> that way.
>

> --
> Tom Sevart N2UHC
> St. Paul, KS

Phil Anderson

Is this the same thing as the "lights" often seen over time in the north east corner of Arkansas?
When I first brought out my ultrasound receiver with dish to hunt for RF interference, got several
calls from some CA spook guys wondering if it would hear ghosts? Ha. I told them I didn't think so
and they should use a whistler receiver like for Sferics at 2 to 10 kHz RF. You might try that Johnny.

Uncle Phil

wrote:

> On 08/08/2013 21:25, WA0ITP wrote:
> > I Googled it earlier today and saw that it referred to as the Hornet
> Spook light
> > in some references.
> >

> I've seen the road leading to Hornet just off 43 highway but never
> gone
> that way.
>

> --
> Tom Sevart N2UHC
> St. Paul, KS

Tom Sevart

On 08/09/2013 08:43, Phil Anderson wrote:

When I first brought out my ultrasound receiver with dish to hunt for RF
interference, got several
calls from some CA spook guys wondering if it would hear ghosts? Ha. I
told them I didn't think so
and they should use a whistler receiver like for Sferics at 2 to 10 kHz
RF. You might try that Johnny.
A while back someone told me about visiting some kind of "hippie" shop where they were selling circuits to hear voices from the dead. They basically consisted of a crystal set with a short antenna. Yes, you could hear voices of the dead with them - Elvis, Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash...

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Stephen Farthing

and of course the Grateful Dead....... :-)

that is if they still play their music on your side of the pond. It's never played here.

73s Steve G0XAR

James

Everyone who went to school at Arkansas State in Jonesboro eventually made a trip across the state line to look for the Seanuth Mo. light.

Those who "saw the light" had usually consumed mass quantities of beer or other mind-altering substances on the ride over.

Most considered it just a good excuse to go for a ride with a gal and sit in the dark for a while.

K5ACO

On 08/10/2013 04:21, Stephen Farthing wrote:
and of course the Grateful Dead....... :-)

that is if they still play their music on your side of the pond. It's
never played here.
What did one deadhead say to the other when they ran out of drugs?
"Hey, this music stinks!"

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS