Finally!

Steve Szabo

GE All!

About a year ago……I built an SS-40 Receiver, NS-40 transmitter, MagicBox……..all were assembled and tested, but never put on the air…..previously I built an EZKeyer – also tested but never used…..

My QRPmeter has been used numerous times!!!

Every time I started to think about using them, I forgot, got interrupted, or has some other “item” grab my attention.  Sooooo………finally, today I decided to string ‘em together and see if I could make a QSO……..and brother, I did!!

This afternoon, around 2137Z, I called CQ on 7.140 MHz and immediately, a big, booming W4MY returned to my call!  He gave me a 579 (he was 599 plus!) and a “solid” signal report. According to my QRPmeter, using a 12VDC battery, the NS-40 was putting out 5.8W to a 1.2:1 SWR on a wire loop antenna.  Boy oh boy, was I a happy ham!  Thanks Marty, W4MY!

All of the items worked flawlessly………so now to fine the time to put them into an enclosure as a “transceiver”.  Works so well, I’m just gonna’ hafta’ take ‘em out in the field!!!

Next up…..my Cyclone 40, I hope on the air very soon !!!!

I uploaded photos of my “messy rig” at the operating position, the power out, and a copy of the “special” QSL card I send out on these auspicious occasions!!  (at least when there is not sparks, smoke, or deathly silence emanating from the radio stuff!)

72 to all……….

Steve Szabo WB4OMM

5BWAC DXCC 5BWAS

ARRL Life Member, DXCC/WAS/VUCC Card Checker, Official Observer

EmComm Mentor, Volunteer Examiner & License Instructor

QCWA Life Member : 4SQRP #150 : OMISS #6900 : 10-10# 42514 : NAQCC #5913 : SKCC# 8793 : FPQRP #3091

Walter - K5EST

Nice job Steve, congrats!
72....Walter . K5EST

...get your QRP on--->4SQRP...

On Oct 6, 2013 6:18 PM, "Stephen W. Szabo" <sszabo1@...> wrote:

[...]

WA0ITP

Congrats Steve !!!

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP

[...]

Julio Jimenez <ak4vl.qrp@...>

Good job Steve!  You made a QSO with a good dude too...as a fellow Knightlite I'm biased, however :-D

On Sunday, October 6, 2013, WA0ITP wrote:

Congrats Steve !!!

----------------------------------
[...]

Johnny AC0BQ

Gud Job Steve!
Glad to hear that all the kits worked out for you.
Thanks for buying from 4SQRP club.
72, 73
Johnny AC0BQ

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 6, 2013, at 6:18 PM, "Stephen W. Szabo" <sszabo1@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim Kortge

On 10/6/2013 7:18 PM, Stephen W. Szabo wrote:
[...]

Sounds like a happy customer to me! :-) Thanks for the feedback Steve; great to hear that the kits that I designed worked so well.

72,

Jim, K8IQY
SS-40 and MagicBox designer

Steve Szabo

Yessir!! A very happy customer. These kits are top shelf.
Steve WB4OMM

Sent from my iPhone5

On Oct 6, 2013, at 8:34 PM, Jim Kortge <jim.k8iqy@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

dekle <dekle@...>

Go Steve !!!!

Bill
KV6Z

Wayne Dillon

Excellent Steve! way to go. We're fortunate in having Jim as one of our designers, he really is top notch, not only supreamly talanted but a 100% nice guy as well.
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 6:18 PM, Stephen W. Szabo <sszabo1@...> wrote:

[...]

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

Wayne Dillon

Very cool Steve, very cool! I see you pressed your T1 into service, isn't that just the neatest ASTU?. Anyhow, I was going to suggest that you box em up separately, the magic Box is so useful for the testing of other "stuff" that you may like to consider keeping it separate. Same with the NS40, I have a couple of intage receivers that I wanted to try with HB QRP transmitters, waited too long to order a magic box though - bummer! Just a thought.
As i said, nice job and Jim's designs are the best.