Topics

SSB / PSK Digital Sprint workings

Walter - K5EST

Its in the makings......a Sprint for the SSB / PSK / RTTY folks. CW is welcome but at "reduced" points!

Although 4 State on-the-air fun is leaning to CW and we have kits......there are members that working CW contacts are not happening.  So in a few days ...... the newest 4 State Sprint (SSDD) Second Sunday Digital Day).

The 4 State Group pretty well embraces QRP as 5 watts output, so lets stay there. ARCI says 10 watts for SSB but if PSK and RTTY are included I believe the 5 watts is still in effect.

The rules and reporting will be simple and with a deadline on reporting results to count. (Hint....YLs / XYLs are going to be The Big Bonus points)

If there are suggestions for the new SSDD Sprint, please let me know with an email to:
walter.k5est@...
and please put SSDD in the subject line.

Thanks for the loyal support of the 4 State on-the-air events.

72....Walter . K5EST

...get your QRP on--->4SQRP...

Wayne Dillon

Great idea Walter. No doubt about it, you are the man! I like the idea of "other" modes because I'm sure that there are folks among us that will rise to the challenge. the last time I used RTTY was in the UK with a Creed 7B a a first generation IBM PS/1 PC (the box to convert PC to Creed was invented by an old mentor and Elmer of mine Stuart Dodson, G3PPD) so it may be fun to see if my signalink USB will play nice and generate some RTTY as well as PSK.
Thanks again for all your efforts,
God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 8:32 AM, Walter - K5EST <walter.k5est@...> wrote:

[...]

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

dekle@...

 The LNR FX-4 looks interesting and appears to meet the 5 watt requirement for cw/ssb. One question: what does the "Frequency Control - 75 mHz" mean as listed in the specifications ???

http://www.lnrprecision.com/

Bill

KV6Z

---In 4sqrp@..., <walter.k5est@..., 4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Wayne!

Hope the SSDD Sprint advance warning gives folks enough time to set up their stations. 4 State has a nice interface kit:
http://www.4sqrp.com/4s-link.php
and there are many programs and equipment.

Guess the Second Sundays are going to be hopping with 4 Staters....yay!

72....Walter . K5EST

...get your QRP on--->4SQRP...

On Oct 18, 2013 8:40 AM, "Wayne Dillon" <wayne.dillon@...> wrote:
[...]

kb4qqj

Uh-Oh,
Now I have to remember how to work PSK on my rig.....This should be interesting and FUN!!
Thanks Walter!

Randy_KB4QQJ

[...]

John Lonigro

Walter:

Did the Second Sunday Digital Day ever happen?  If so, was it a success?  I just happened to be going through old emails and came across this.  If I knew the history of this event, I could try to come up with one to satisfy the digital folks out there.  But, as always, no promises.

John AA0VE