Any 4S-QRP going to the MW convention?

ka0ncr

Hi Group,

Thought I would ask if any of the 4S-QRP group is going to the ARRL midwest convention in Lebanon next week?   And is there anything planned, such a 4SQRP  "eye ball"

QSO party over refreshments or a lunch/dinner gathering, Saturday or Saturday night?

OR If anyone from the group is interested in a quick lunch gathering, there are several quick food places about 2 blocks from the convention center. These include Subway, Dairy Queen, Wendys and McD's.  Also across the street from the convention center (walking distance) is listed a BBQ ribs place that has a couple of good reviews on the Google website.

Anyone interested? Lets talk it up and see if we can get something planned.

We, (Mike NF0N and I) will not be getting into Lebanon until later in the evening Friday but will be found wandering around all day Saturday.   Plans are to leave my place about 10 AM Friday, and  return home on Sunday.. (its about a 7 hour drive for me, and Mike lives 1.5 hours north of me!).

Joe, K0NEB will be wandering around too.. he's leaving for the convention about 4 hours before Mike and I get underway, and he's an hour south of me..

I hope to see you there!

73 - Arnie KA0NCR

Jim Sheldon

Wife and I are going to be there.  Arriving Friday night and staying at the Midwest Inn on West Elm.  We'll be leaving to come home shortly after the convention closes on Saturday.  Haven't heard of any "get together's" or such.  We do plan on spending some time helping Eric Swartz WA6HHQ (one of Elecraft's founders) with the Elecraft booth while he's speaking on the KX3 in one of the forums.

Jim - W0EB

> Hi Group,
>

> /html>

Don Jackson

On 10/31/2013 10:21 AM, ka0ncr@yahoo.com wrote:

Thought I would ask if any of the 4S-QRP group is going to the ARRL midwest convention in Lebanon next week? And is there anything planned, such a 4SQRP "eye ball"

Yes, K5QNM (Gary - Gainesville, MO) and I plan to be there at least on Saturday morning starting maybe 8 or 9 a.m. and probably leaving well before the grand prize drawing.

Don AE5K

cornhusker

Ill be there too!
73 de K0NEB

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Wife and I are going to be there.  Arriving Friday night and staying at the Midwest Inn on West Elm.  We'll be leaving to come home shortly after the convention closes on Saturday.  Haven't heard of any "get together's" or such.  We do plan on spending some time helping Eric Swartz WA6HHQ (one of Elecraft's founders) with the Elecraft booth while he's speaking on the KX3 in one of the forums.

Jim - W0EB

> Hi Group,
>

> /html>

kbradshaw@...

 I am going to try and make it.

Brad

KC0DWV

ka0ncr

Hi Brad,

Well, there has not been a great number of the group who indicate they will be going.  And

even less who are going to be staying for the whole day on Saturday.

  I had thought about seeing if there would be interest for an informal dinner gathering at some local diner after the

drawing, but that don't look like there would be a lot of interest in that, as most are leaving

to head home right after the drawing, or even before the drawing.

. Mike NF0N and I are staying the night and leaving in the morning as its about a 7 hour drive for me, and Mike has another hour and 1/2 to get home after leaves my place..

Another thought would be the lunch time frame.

So, I thought I would put out feelers to see if there would be interest in that.. maybe a

couple of blocks from the convention site, at the Dairy Queen or one of the others in the

local area.. ???   Anyone interested? Please post!  Maybe we can still get something organized.

Anyhow..  I'll be walking around wearing a red ball cap with my call on it.. so if you see me,  stop and say "HI"..

73  - Arnie KA0NCR

---In 4sqrp@..., <kbradshaw@...> wrote:

 I am going to try and make it.

Brad

KC0DWV

cbayona <CBayona@...>

When will this event take place, and what city? I been going back to school and I need a little relaxing.

I would be interested in getting together for lunch or dinner.

--
Cecil - k5nwa

---

ka0ncr

Hi Cicel,

This is for the midwest arrl convention this weekend in Lebonon MO.

Chech out the info on the arrl website. Looks like it will be a very good
convention.. there are supposed.to be a number of radio vendors there including Elecraft, and test equipment vendors, such as Rigol.

Hope you can make it to the convention! Maybe we will have a few more.interested in a 4sqrp gathering over lunch or.dinner.

73. Arnie. KA0NCR.

--
Cecil - k5nwa
http://thepartsplace.k5nwa.com/ > <  http://www.softrockradio.org/ >

---

cbayona <CBayona@...>

It's not next door to me (191 miles) but I see no problems going there for Saturday at least. I hope to see some of you there and I'm looking forward to a lunch or dinner get together. I'll have to use my private slush fund as I'm currently unemployed and attending school so money is tight.

Any recommended inexpensive hotels/motels? The Best Western looks OK and that is about as much as I can afford and leave a little something for the Hamfest. I'm free on Friday so I rather go on Friday morning and stay until Saturday and make it a mini vacation.

Hope to see everyone there.

At 09:46 AM 11/6/2013, you wrote:

[...]

< <http://thepartsplace.k5nwa.com/>http://thepartsplace.k5nwa.com/ > < http://www.softrockradio.org/ >

Cecil - k5nwa

---

Kelly Ellison <wb0wqs@...>

Arnie and group.  We are in Lebanon now.  I might be around for lunch but probably won't stay around later than that. Can I suggest the waffle house about 11 ish? Will that work for any QRPers? Let us know what you think....

Kelly - WB0WQS

On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 9:46 AM, "ka0ncr@..." wrote:

[...]

---In 4sqrp@..., wrote:

 I am going to try and make it.

Brad
KC0DWV

cbayona <CBayona@...>

I'm in Lebanon also but have no clue where the waffle house is.

On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 9:46 AM, "ka0ncr@yahoo.com" <ka0ncr@yahoo.com> wrote:

[...]

---In 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com, <kbradshaw@...> wrote:

I am going to try and make it.

Brad
KC0DWV

--
Cecil - k5nwa

---

ka0ncr

Hi Kelly,

It sounds good to me. I will try to make it there. I may have to try to bumm a ride with Joe K0NEB, as i think my ride might have something going on. I will copy this email to Joe and also see if I can catch him
in the morning.

I hope to see you there! ( If I can get set up with Joe!)

73. Arnie. KA0NCR

[...]

---In 4sqrp@..., wrote:

 I am going to try and make it.

Brad
KC0DWV

ka0ncr

Hi Group,

Well, I am sorry to say that I didn't make it to the lunch.   My ride was tied up in one of the forums or something, and Joe had his transportation commandeered by his wife for some shopping or something.

It was a nice day, but I didn't think I would be able to walk that far to the waffle house and get back

in time for one of the forums I wanted to sit in on.

Also, at the end of the day, I think they called  Cecils name for one of the hourly prizes.. Not sure what it was that was being drawn.   Joe K0NEB was lucky as usual, and won not just one, but TWO Baofeng VHF/UHF HT's.

 I hope to make it to Ozark Con  in April..  Planning on it for now.

73 - Arnie KA0NCR

---In 4sqrp@..., <ka0ncr@...> wrote:

[...]

I didn't get to make it to the lunch either.  Too busy working the Elecraft booth for both days.  Did run into a number of the guys that stopped by though, Joe (NEB), Arnie, Dave (W0CH) to just name a few.

All in all, it was a pretty good time.  Didn't get a chance to make the grand prize drawing, so not sure who won the prizes.  Anyone with that info?

Jim - W0EB

David Bixler <qrp@...>

Hi Arnie:

I watched but never spotted you at the convention. I left at lunchtime for the trip back home, but did see several 4 Staters there Saturday morning.

Hope you can make it to Branson in April as we sure have a good time there!

73, Dave W0CH