Topics

Spiral (Spider Web) Coils

Phil Anderson

Hi Guys! Ever try out a spider web coil? I've posted the formula
and layout on the formulas-calculator page on my xtal website.

Go to www.midnightscience.com and then to the formulas page.

Enjoy. Unc Phil, W0XI

PS: After all these years I'm back on 2-meter FM! I purchased a
FT-1900RL from Associated Radio in KC....Yeasu had a rebate
going, maybe still. Anyway, I made a goal of contacting at least
ten members of the local DCARC radio club in Lawrence in a week, and
just worked #11 today after one week. It was fun! I worked
KB6WHT, he now lives in Douglas County, and he noted that
he knew he was my eleventh since my call is W0XI, hee.

72, Unc......only 6 months or so to Ozcon! Can't wait!

Paul Smith

Hello uncle Phil,
I read of your return to 2 meters... I have a shelf full of 2 meter  gear... I am almost ready to get back on my self...in the garage attic there is a 22 element beam and a ringo ranger.... I just need to get off my arse and do it. Hi hi..... Rgr on 6 months till Ocon... I have some gr.eat speakers lined up including you... I will firm things up after Thanksgiving... Also we are working on a possible kit for the buildathon.. The cap arrived from Lawrence the other day and I will get started.....
What's everyone else been up too... Kinda quiet here
de Paul N0NBD

OZARKCON just a few short months away!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 17, 2013, at 5:38 PM, Phil Anderson <aldenmcduffie@...> wrote:

Hi Guys! Ever try out a spider web coil? I've posted the formula
and layout on the formulas-calculator page on my xtal website.

Go to www.midnightscience.com and then to the formulas page.

Enjoy. Unc Phil, W0XI

PS: After all these years I'm back on 2-meter FM! I purchased a
FT-1900RL from Associated Radio in KC....Yeasu had a rebate
going, maybe still. Anyway, I made a goal of contacting at least
ten members of the local DCARC radio club in Lawrence in a week, and
just worked #11 today after one week. It was fun! I worked
KB6WHT, he now lives in Douglas County, and he noted that
he knew he was my eleventh since my call is W0XI, hee.

72, Unc......only 6 months or so to Ozcon! Can't wait!

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Paul, Phil and the group.
Kinda quiet here too, but busy!
I just had a 40 m visit with Terry on 7.122, always fun.
Been going over the pile of parts for the cyclone, getting ready to start sacking them up.
I am going to find time to Build the receiver that Dave sent us in a week or two.
That should be a fun build for the Build A thin at Ozarkcon.
I think I may have enough stuff left from the Paraset?
Cul

"More smiles per Watt!"
Sent from my iPad