Topics

New Net Possibility

WA0ITP

Been thinking about the possibily of a new net on 7122. This would be a morning
net, maybe a coupla times a week. Bart and I had a QSO the other morning at
9AM and we were both well over S9. The band was quiet and it was very very
pleasant copy.

We'd need several volunteers for net control, so as to spread it around a
little. I'll be happy to start it off if we have enough interest. We could
call it the OM net (for old man's) or Ret (for retirees) , maybe the AM net, or
whatever the majority wants.

So anyone interest in participating in a Four State morning net on 7122? If so,
what time, how many times per week, what name, etc?

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

Paul Smith

Sounds good to me I will make the net in 7 months...  He he he

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 26, 2013, at 5:11 PM, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

Been thinking about the possibily of a new net on 7122. This would be a morning
net, maybe a coupla times a week. Bart and I had a QSO the other morning at
9AM and we were both well over S9. The band was quiet and it was very very
pleasant copy.

We'd need several volunteers for net control, so as to spread it around a
little. I'll be happy to start it off if we have enough interest. We could
call it the OM net (for old man's) or Ret (for retirees) , maybe the AM net, or
whatever the majority wants.

So anyone interest in participating in a Four State morning net on 7122? If so,
what time, how many times per week, what name, etc?

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

Ge
Sounds like Paul is thinkin about the R word!!

On Tuesday, November 26, 2013, Paul Smith wrote:

[...]

QRP....."more smiles per watt"

John Adams <johnk4qq@...>

Sounds like a good idea, maybe Tuesday and Thursday at 9 AM.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 26, 2013, at 6:45 PM, Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:

[...]

Gm John,  Thank you

Gotcha on the list, you're the only one so far.

----------------------------------
[...]

Wayne Dillon

Now, if'n I can persuade my boss to let ma have a 40m dipole here atop the roof with a feeder into my office.....
Hmmm....
Terry, God Bless to you and yours, have a grand Thanksgiving
Wayne - KC0PMH

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:

[...]

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

Larry Draughn

Hi Terry sounds good to me count me In, Gives me a good chance to try my new rig out also, 73 Larry/AE4LD

On Nov 26, 2013, at 5:11 PM, "WA0ITP" wrote:

Been thinking about the possibily of a new net on 7122. This would be a morning
net, maybe a coupla times a week. Bart and I had a QSO the other morning at
9AM and we were both well over S9. The band was quiet and it was very very
pleasant copy.

We'd need several volunteers for net control, so as to spread it around a
little. I'll be happy to start it off if we have enough interest. We could
call it the OM net (for old man's) or Ret (for retirees) , maybe the AM net, or
whatever the majority wants.

So anyone interest in participating in a Four State morning net on 7122? If so,
what time, how many times per week, what name, etc?

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

QRP....."more smiles per watt"

John Lonigro

If I ever get around to putting my antenna back up and dusting off the paddles, I could have some interest as well.  I did the "R" word at the beginning of the year.

72,
John AA0VE
(soon to be 4SQRP sprint manager)

[...]

FB John, glad to hear it, you're #3

----------------------------------
[...]

John Taylor <k0qh@...>

GM Terry,
  Great idea as I can't make the Wed nets due to church.  9am sounds good to
me and as for the name both fit me just fine. OM or R is good. With my CW skills I'm not really a good choice for NCS but would love to  participate in such a net. Hope it works out.
Happy Thanksgiving

John Taylor,K0QH
PB #174
SLQS
4SQRP
www.stgdxcc.webs.com

[...]

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

I have only ever heard CW at 7122 *once*. There were two stations in a QSO there and so I did not transmit. I have called CQ there a number of times and listened up and down a bit for xtal rigs. NADA. I'm one of those retar... er.. retired guys and pretty busy. But I can probably make it into a new, morning net sometimes. The Thursday time slot is out for me but Tuesday mornings are more relaxed until noon eastern time.

73,

Bill KU8H

W0IIT

Terry,

Be sure I'm on the list!! I heard from our mutual friend and am glad he is the one that is going to get me on 7122 with the Pig Rig!!!!!

Bruce Winkelman <bdwink@...>

Sounds like a good idea to me....still working full-time but have occasional days off during the week to "play radio" for a while. Count me "in" on a morning 4sqrp net.

72/73,
Bruce AA5CO
Tulsa, OK

Steve Sellmeyer <ssellmeyer@...>

I'll try for 9 AM also Terry. Haven't worked a Pig Rig yet..............nor built mine either. Waiting for the snow to fly !

Steve/WB0QQT