From: "cbayona"
To: 4sqrp@..., w2bpi1@...
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:16:35 PM
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] 14 volt power supply

I bought two and I have no noise problems, on the other hand I have
several power supplies for an external Hard Disk and they also have
no noise detectable. I guess ones mileage will vary.

--
Cecil - k5nwa

cbayona <CBayona@...>

In a message dated 1/15/2014 23:23:39 Eastern Standard Time, ADRIANJAMESFLYNN@GMAIL.COM writes:

he did not forget to copy the whole thing.
Your link was broken!

<<http://www.amazon.com/HQRP-Adapter-SyncMaster-monitors>http://www.amazon.com/HQRP-Adapter-SyncMaster-monitors>http://www.amazon.com/HQRP-Adapter-SyncMaster-monitors-
Replacement/dp/B002D1E8S4
Adrian

SNIP
--
Cecil - k5nwa

George H. Gates

I bought one of these to use with my KX3. I get a lot of hash from it!  72 George/W2BPI

In a message dated 1/15/2014 23:23:39 Eastern Standard Time, ADRIANJAMESFLYNN@... writes:

he did not forget to copy the whole thing.
Your link was broken!

Adrian

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 1:03 PM, cbayona <CBayona@...> wrote:

Its working fine, you must have not copied the whole thing.

<

--
Cecil - k5nwa

Adrian Flynn

--
Cecil - k5nwa

cbayona <CBayona@...>

<<mailto:w5rst@icloud.com>w5rst@icloud.com>

John Adams <johnk4qq@...>

On Dec 4, 2013, at 12:57 PM, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:

No mods needed, ready as-is.  The DC plug will fit the K1 just fine and it's small enough you ought to be able to pack it in a carry case with the rig if you take it to the field.

Jim

> Does it need any modification or is it ready to go as is? I will be
> using it with a K1.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Dec 3, 2013, at 11:21 AM, Michael McShan <w5rst@...>
> wrote:
>>

>> These are excellent little supplies for the FT-817, etc.  I've
>> had one in continuous use for years now.  Very quiet.
>>
>> 72/73,
>> Mike W5RST
>> OKC
>>
>> On Dec 3, 2013, at 8:57 AM, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:
>>>

>>> Forgot to include the url to the little supply on Amazon for
>>> $9.99 plus shipping.  The spec says 14 volts but the couple
>>> I've gotten all measure a perfect 13.8 volts.
>>>
>>> Replacement/dp/B002D1E8S4
>>>
>>> Jim - W0EB

KK0S

Jim -

Two wires were plenty heavy enough and fit well with the connector I was using.  Plus, I was just powering a flat screen monitor - not arc welding! Otherwise, yes.  You are correct.

Bruce - KK0S

Jim Sheldon

Actually, in that case, you should have paralleled the 2 red wires and the 2 black wires.  Just using one red and 1 black you diminished the current capacity of the p/s.  They had them paralleled for a reason as they are using small gauge wire.    Hook both reds to your + terminal and both blacks to the - and you can utilize the full current output of the supply.  Otherwise you're limited to what 1 set of red/black wires can carry depending on the size of the wire.

Jim - W0EB

> Roy -
>

> Recently I purchased a similar power supply and when I cut the
> plug, there were FOUR wires.  Two red and two black.  Both had the
> proper voltage and ohmed out that the two red and the two black
> were in parallel with each other.  Used two and taped off two.  No
> problems observed.
>

> Bruce - KK0S

KK0S

Roy -

Recently I purchased a similar power supply and when I cut the plug, there were FOUR wires.  Two red and two black.  Both had the proper voltage and ohmed out that the two red and the two black were in parallel with each other.  Used two and taped off two.  No problems observed.

Bruce - KK0S

Roy AC9DN

Jim, and others that bought the HQRP power supply from Amazon:

I bought one of the units and I'm impressed with the value / price ratio. I have

not found a connector that will fit the output of the unit. I'm assuming that

one needs to cut off the existing connector plug. Will I find a coax cable

inside when I do that, or am I going to be dealing with two wires? I want

to have Anderson Power Poles as the final connector but I would

like to keep the molded connector in place and find suitable socket

if the cable is actually coaxial on the inside.

Roy  AC9DN

Jim Sheldon

John Adams <johnk4qq@...>

On Dec 3, 2013, at 11:21 AM, Michael McShan <w5rst@...> wrote:

These are excellent little supplies for the FT-817, etc.  I’ve had one in continuous use for years now.  Very quiet.

72/73,
Mike W5RST
OKC

On Dec 3, 2013, at 8:57 AM, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:

Forgot to include the url to the little supply on Amazon for $9.99 plus shipping.  The spec says 14 volts but the couple I've gotten all measure a perfect 13.8 volts.

Jim - W0EB

Michael McShan