Topics

Ice

WA0ITP

Hope everyone affected is coping with the ice storms is doing ok.

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

Jeff Davis <stuckbit@...>

Terry.

Guessing that you got more than we did up here in Central IN.
Impressive coating of ice followed by about an inch of snow. Not bad
considering they said we "might" get 4-7 inches of the white stuff.

Now comes the bitter cold. Stay warm. Pound brass.

73, Jeff KE9V

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 10:00 AM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@mchsi.com> wrote:
Hope everyone affected is coping with the ice storms is doing ok.

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

------------------------------------

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
OzarkCon is coming April 4-5, 2014 in Branson, MO
View Details at http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.phpYahoo Groups Links

Timothy-Allen Albertson <kd0oia@...>

we are fine at my QTH---waiting on some UPS shipments--but who i really
feel sorry for was the folks in the duck blind that was lose on the upper
Mississippi that my scanner group last night said the US Coast Guard
couldnt find---talk about the proverbial being up s$^t  creek without a paddle

72/73 TIMOTHY-ALLEN ALBERTSON
KDOIA/(ex KG6IRH)

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:

Hope everyone affected is coping with the ice storms is doing ok.

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

Chuck Carpenter

No damage here about 60 miles east of Dallas.

Had a high SWR when I checked into a net this morning. Cut the power back and that helped some.

Along with about 1/8 inch on the antenna, ice-coated branches on a cedar tree were laying along a length of the twin-lead feed line.

All will be well come spring... :-)

Chuck Carpenter, W5USJ
EM22cv, Rains Co. TX

Michael McShan

Just a few inches of snow in Oklahoma City.... just enough to close schools and many businesses but not enough to cause real problems.

It's times like today when may attic dipole is actually an advantage... :-)

73,
Mike W5RST

On Dec 6, 2013, at 10:31 AM, Chuck Carpenter <w5usj@...> wrote:

No damage here about 60 miles east of Dallas.

Had a high SWR when I checked into a net this morning. Cut the power
back and that helped some.

Along with about 1/8 inch on the antenna, ice-coated branches on a
cedar tree were laying along a length of the twin-lead feed line.

All will be well come spring... :-)

Chuck Carpenter, W5USJ
EM22cv, Rains Co. TX

Michael McShan W5RST
626 NE 14th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73104

ex-N5JKY

SKCC #85
FISTS #2626
QRP ARCI #9057
4SQRP #146
NAQCC #720
EM15fl

Jay Bromley <jayw5jay@...>

HI Terry,
So far 5 inches of snow in the Fort, but has quit now. That not what has me
worried. All the trees are loaded up with ice and some big limbs are not
making it. So far been lucky, but sure is an eerie sound when the wind
blows.

Oh well could always be worse I suppose, hi. Great radio day for sure.

73 de jay/w5jay..

Hope everyone affected is coping with the ice storms is doing ok.

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

------------------------------------

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
OzarkCon is coming April 4-5, 2014 in Branson, MO View Details at
http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.phpYahoo Groups Links

Michael McShan

Jay,

5" of ice - ouch!  I've been in such ice storms and things can get ugly.  I hope you and everyone in the Ft. Smith stays safe (and has power).

73,
Mike W5RST

On Dec 6, 2013, at 1:44 PM, Jay Bromley <jayw5jay@...> wrote:

HI Terry,
So far 5 inches of snow in the Fort, but has quit now. That not what has me
worried. All the trees are loaded up with ice and some big limbs are not
making it. So far been lucky, but sure is an eerie sound when the wind
blows.

Oh well could always be worse I suppose, hi. Great radio day for sure.

73 de jay/w5jay..

Hope everyone affected is coping with the ice storms is doing ok.

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

------------------------------------

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
OzarkCon is coming April 4-5, 2014 in Branson, MO View Details at
http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.phpYahoo Groups Links

Jay Bromley <jayw5jay@...>

HI Mike,

Not that much ice, but it did come down first and then the five inches of snow.  So far we been lucky at my QTH, only a few limbs down here.  Some here in town did lose power and later got it restored.  Others were not that lucky!  I’ve learned those can have a 3 day to 3 week wait on electricity to come back on line.

We did lose cable today, but with our Radios who needs TV, hi.

73 de jay/w5jay..

Hope everyone affected is coping with the ice storms is doing ok.

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

------------------------------------

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
OzarkCon is coming April 4-5, 2014 in Branson, MO View Details at
http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.phpYahoo Groups Links

John Lonigro

Five inches of solid ice would surely have been a newsworthy event!  Several years ago, we had a severe freezing rain forecast (maybe 1").  I took the opportunity to buy a Honda generator the day before it was supposed to hit.  Sure enough, the next day, our power went out for 3 days and the generator made it a lot easier to stay in the house.  The "no spoiled food" savings alone made the generator worthwhile and we had lights and a TV during the outage to boot.  Although we only use batteries to power our radios during Field Day, the generator comes in handy to run lights, fans, and a coffee maker.

72,

John AA0VE

On 12/06/2013 11:22 PM, Jay Bromley wrote:

HI Mike,

Not that much ice, but it did come down first and then the five inches of snow.  So far we been lucky at my QTH, only a few limbs down here.  Some here in town did lose power and later got it restored.  Others were not that lucky!  I’ve learned those can have a 3 day to 3 week wait on electricity to come back on line.

We did lose cable today, but with our Radios who needs TV, hi.

73 de jay/w5jay..

Hope everyone affected is coping with the ice storms is doing ok.

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

------------------------------------

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
OzarkCon is coming April 4-5, 2014 in Branson, MO View Details at
http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.phpYahoo Groups Links

Johnny AC0BQ

Gm All:
No ice or snow here yet, just well digger in alaska cold, it's 3 deg here.
Time to hold the bench down today, and see what I screw up!
Thanks for good heat!
"More smiles per Watt!"
Sent from my iPad

[...]

marjannorm

Hi gang,
85 degrees F here at my daughters place in Brisbane, clear blue sky, gentle breezes. A quiet beer on the veranda, listening into the local 40 metre net. Bliss! Eatcha hearts out!
Kind regards
Norm vk5gi / p vk4

Sent from my iPad

WA0ITP

Norm, You're killing us :o) man, are we jealous!!

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

| 85 degrees F here at my daughters place in Brisbane, clear blue sky, gentle
breezes. A quiet beer on the veranda, listening into the local 40 metre net.
Bliss! Eatcha hearts out!
| Kind regards
| Norm vk5gi / p vk4
|
| Sent from my iPad
|
| ------------------------------------
|
| 4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
| OzarkCon is coming April 4-5, 2014 in Branson, MO
| View Details at http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.phpYahoo Groups Links

Wayne Dillon

Not sure what I'm jealous of... the temp or the beer!
Wayne - KC0PMH

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 5:32 PM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:

Norm, You're killing us :o) man, are we jealous!!

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

| 85 degrees F here at my daughters place in Brisbane, clear blue sky, gentle
breezes. A quiet beer on the veranda, listening into the local 40 metre net.
Bliss! Eatcha hearts out!
| Kind regards
| Norm vk5gi / p vk4
|
| Sent from my iPad
|
| ------------------------------------
|
| 4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
| OzarkCon is coming April 4-5, 2014 in Branson, MO
| View Details at http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.phpYahoo Groups Links

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686

Dale Putnam

With only 3 degrees, and a breeze at 15.. I'm wishing we could share...
you could even keep all the beer....
Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

To: 4sqrp@...
From: marjannorm@...
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 09:28:28 +1000

Hi gang,
85 degrees F here at my daughters place in Brisbane, clear blue sky, gentle breezes. A quiet beer on the veranda, listening into the local 40 metre net. Bliss! Eatcha hearts out!
Kind regards
Norm vk5gi / p vk4

Sent from my iPad

W0IIT

Boy!! That Norm knows how to rub salt in an open wound:-) Just wondering what brand of beer Norm was sipping down under!! I used to really enjoy a couple of ice cold "Foster's" after a day on the river in my canoe. One time we had a "world traveler" with us and he laughed an said an Aussie wouldn't be caught dead drinking that swill and then named a brand that they really enjoyed drinking, which I have long forgotten. But inquiring minds would like to know, did I fall for the advertisements or do the folks down under really like "Foster's". My old battle worn solo canoe is now retired like me and I can't remember the last cold one I enjoyed???

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS