Topics

SSS Second Sunday Sprints


Walter - K5EST
 

December is here.....brrrrrrrr!

Our last Second Sunday Sprint of this year is coming up
this Sunday evening. Given the propagation, who knows
but from 7pm to 9pm we can see what the signals tell
us. Guessing the 160 and 80 meter bands may be a
good place to work the Sprint, and maybe even the
40 meter band if it has not gone long.

So......with the QSOs counting for an unveiled prize
concerning OzarkCon, lets try to collect all the QSO
contacts possible. 

Reporting, using the email address on the group website

or


Put "Sprint" in the email subject.......
in the body, we need # of QSOs and
band.

Please send them into me by Tuesday Dec 10th
and we shall have current totals on the reflector.
The totals are turned over to our new Contest
& Sprint Coordinator....John - AA0VE.

I will get another several reminder emails sent 
Saturday and Sunday.

72....Walter - K5EST
 


WA0ITP
 


Second Sunday Sprint tonight  7-9 Central.  It's snowing here, and will stay cold all day - what a  super day and evening for playing radio!   Is Winter great or what !!!
 
Hope to work a bunch of Four Staters tonight.
 
----------------------------------
Back to the bench, Winter's too valuable to waste.
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
 
 
 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 7:54 PM
Subject: [4sqrp] SSS Second Sunday Sprints

December is here.....brrrrrrrr!

Our last Second Sunday Sprint of this year is coming up
this Sunday evening. Given the propagation, who knows
but from 7pm to 9pm we can see what the signals tell
us. Guessing the 160 and 80 meter bands may be a
good place to work the Sprint, and maybe even the
40 meter band if it has not gone long.

So......with the QSOs counting for an unveiled prize
concerning OzarkCon, lets try to collect all the QSO
contacts possible. 

Reporting, using the email address on the group website

or


Put "Sprint" in the email subject.......
in the body, we need # of QSOs and
band.

Please send them into me by Tuesday Dec 10th
and we shall have current totals on the reflector.
The totals are turned over to our new Contest
& Sprint Coordinator....John - AA0VE.

I will get another several reminder emails sent 
Saturday and Sunday.

72....Walter - K5EST
 


Paul Smith
 

It is snowing here as well, ground is white. I have a crew heading to the campus in a couple hours... I may supervise them from my radio chair he he he....actually my assistant has the watch. Will see u tonight in the SSS 

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 8, 2013, at 9:08 AM, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

 



Second Sunday Sprint tonight  7-9 Central.  It's snowing here, and will stay cold all day - what a  super day and evening for playing radio!   Is Winter great or what !!!
 
Hope to work a bunch of Four Staters tonight.
 
----------------------------------
Back to the bench, Winter's too valuable to waste.
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
 
 
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 7:54 PM
Subject: [4sqrp] SSS Second Sunday Sprints

December is here.....brrrrrrrr!

Our last Second Sunday Sprint of this year is coming up
this Sunday evening. Given the propagation, who knows
but from 7pm to 9pm we can see what the signals tell
us. Guessing the 160 and 80 meter bands may be a
good place to work the Sprint, and maybe even the
40 meter band if it has not gone long.

So......with the QSOs counting for an unveiled prize
concerning OzarkCon, lets try to collect all the QSO
contacts possible. 

Reporting, using the email address on the group website

or


Put "Sprint" in the email subject.......
in the body, we need # of QSOs and
band.

Please send them into me by Tuesday Dec 10th
and we shall have current totals on the reflector.
The totals are turned over to our new Contest
& Sprint Coordinator....John - AA0VE.

I will get another several reminder emails sent 
Saturday and Sunday.

72....Walter - K5EST
 


Walter - K5EST
 


> Our last Second Sunday Sprint of this year is coming up
> this Sunday evening. Given the propagation, who knows
> but from 7pm to 9pm we can see what the signals tell
> us. Guessing the 160 and 80 meter bands may be a
> good place to work the Sprint, and maybe even the
> 40 meter band if it has not gone long.
>
> So......with the QSOs counting for an unveiled prize
> concerning OzarkCon, lets try to collect all the QSO
> contacts possible. 
>
> Reporting, using the email address on the group website
>  secondsundaysprint@...
>
> or
>
> spike55@...
>
> Put "Sprint" in the email subject.......
> in the body, we need # of QSOs and
> band.
>
> Please send them into me by Tuesday Dec 10th
> and we shall have current totals on the reflector.
> The totals are turned over to our new Contest
> & Sprint Coordinator....John - AA0VE.
>
> 72....Walter - K5EST
>  


w2sh@...
 

During the two-hour period I listened repeatedly around 3.56, 7.04 and 7.12 mHz.  Almost no signals heard, and none related to the SSS.

Conditions may be lousy or perhaps I burned a really bad hole in the ether with my 5W during the ARRL 160-meter contest this weekend.

72,

Charles, W2SH
4SQRP # 85


To: 4sqrp@...
From: walter.k5est@...
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 19:54:48 -0600
Subject: [4sqrp] SSS Second Sunday Sprints

 

December is here.....brrrrrrrr!

Our last Second Sunday Sprint of this year is coming up
this Sunday evening. Given the propagation, who knows
but from 7pm to 9pm we can see what the signals tell
us. Guessing the 160 and 80 meter bands may be a
good place to work the Sprint, and maybe even the
40 meter band if it has not gone long.

So......with the QSOs counting for an unveiled prize
concerning OzarkCon, lets try to collect all the QSO
contacts possible. 

Reporting, using the email address on the group website

or


Put "Sprint" in the email subject.......
in the body, we need # of QSOs and
band.

Please send them into me by Tuesday Dec 10th
and we shall have current totals on the reflector.
The totals are turned over to our new Contest
& Sprint Coordinator....John - AA0VE.

I will get another several reminder emails sent 
Saturday and Sunday.

72....Walter - K5EST
 


Bill Cromwell
 

On 12/08/2013 10:00 PM, Charles Moizeau wrote:

During the two-hour period I listened repeatedly around 3.56, 7.04 and 7.12 mHz. Almost no signals heard, and none related to the SSS.

Conditions may be lousy or perhaps I burned a really bad hole in the ether with my 5W during the ARRL 160-meter contest this weekend.

72,

Charles, W2SH
4SQRP # 85
So,

It wasn't just me. I did hear a few signals when I started up in the second hour. "Is this weak signal one of the 4S stations"? The op started describing his station including the alpha amplifier! Definitely NOT 4S and not QRP even though very weak. I looked a little more and then went to pet my dog.

Maybe next time.

73,

Bill KU8H


dekle <dekle@...>
 

I turned on the radio at 7 p.m. and immediately heard KC0DD booming in with a 599.
He also gave me a 599 and I thought "This is gonna be easy".
Wrong.
Two minutes later he was 229 and he couldn't hear me at all.
We didn't even get to the number exchange part........
so no log for the SSS. Bummer.
 
Bill
KV6Z


Jim
 

1 contact with AC0BQ, on 40 early. After that nothing even heard except KC0PMH. We exchanged call signs,then like somebody threw a switch he was gone. I bet I was gone, also. Poor conditions ?


Jim, NV9X, 705 


Wayne Dillon
 

Good mornin' Jim
Yeah, the big switch got thrown and all I had was S9+20 noise so I gave it up. For the record Jim, ur RST was about 219 before everything went away. Thanks for trying though, it was the one time I actually ad time to get in on the sprint.
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH


On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 12:49 AM, <nv9x@...> wrote:
 

1 contact with AC0BQ, on 40 early. After that nothing even heard except KC0PMH. We exchanged call signs,then like somebody threw a switch he was gone. I bet I was gone, also. Poor conditions ?


Jim, NV9X, 705 




--
http://www.qsl.net/kc0pmh/   Under construction but please visit anyway.
 
QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 
 
I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17
 

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686