Topics

Wed Nite Nets

WA0ITP

The Four State QRP Comfortable nets meet each Wednesday night
beginning at 7:30 PM Central Time.

If we have to QSY, I like to move up, Wayne likes to move down,
and Dick doesn't have to move much at all.

Add anything to the exchange that you wish, temp rig, ant, etc.
Checking into all, sessions is encouraged. We call it the "Clean Sweep".

7:30 Central time ... 40M CW Net on 7122, KC�PMH NCS
8:00 " " ... 80M CW Net on 3564, WA�ITP NCS.
8:30 " " ... 40M CW Net on 7122, KC�PMH NCS
9:00 " " ... 80M PSK Net on 3580.5, N�TGR NCS

All are welcome! After the nets, a list of checkins will be
posted on the Four State reflector.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

AG1P Ron

Another 4SQRP member and I were discussing our lack of ability to check into the nets because of our location, lack of propagation.  I was wondering if some sort of relay of check-ins could be set up where a wider area could be served by the net.

72 – Ron – AG1P

Waldport, OR

The Four State QRP Comfortable nets meet each Wednesday night
beginning at 7:30 PM Central Time.

If we have to QSY, I like to move up, Wayne likes to move down,
and Dick doesn't have to move much at all.

Add anything to the exchange that you wish, temp rig, ant, etc.
Checking into all, sessions is encouraged. We call it the "Clean Sweep".

7:30 Central time ... 40M CW Net on 7122, KCØPMH NCS
8:00 " " ... 80M CW Net on 3564, WAØITP NCS.
8:30 " " ... 40M CW Net on 7122, KCØPMH NCS
9:00 " " ... 80M PSK Net on 3580.5, NØTGR NCS

All are welcome! After the nets, a list of checkins will be
posted on the Four State reflector.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

Good question Ron:
What is the correct  Q code to use when your trying to get someones attention to relay you in?? Do you send your call snd relay or just BZ relay?
I have tried before on 40 m but not much luck !

On Thursday, December 26, 2013, AG1P - Ron wrote:

[...]

QRP....."more smiles per watt"

Paul Smith

Sounds like a great idea

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

[...]

John C. Demuth - K8CQA

I see two "Q" signals concerning relaying.
The first is QSP?  --  Will you relay to _____ ?  In a net, when you are trying to check in, that might be rather confusing because everyone will have to listen to the entire message to get the idea that the station is not calling the NCS but rather is requesting a relay TO the NCS.

The second is QNB, normally reserved for Net Control Stations only:

     QNB  --  Act as a relay Between _____ and _____.

QNB sounds as if it is normally used primarily as a directive by the NCS.
Perhaps we could use QNB? as a request for someone to relay between our station and the NCS.

Just a thought ...

Finally got a longwire between the house and a pole 175' away, and at long last got a ground wire installed for my second floor shack.  Hope to get my rig unpacked from Field Day and set up this weekend so I can begin checking in once again.  Have been using a 40-meter dipole about 8 feet above ground (NVIS) - but it has gotten my eastern Ohio signal into the net almost every time I have tried.  It will be interesting to see how the longwire will compare!

Merry Christmas & 73 de John - K8CQA

Johnny AC0BQ

Gm John
The QNB? Should work, we will just have to listen for it!
What does the group think??
I have just sent relay a few times but didn't
Get any takers!

--
QRP....."more smiles per watt"

Steve Sellmeyer <ssellmeyer@...>

Never have found a Q code for use as "any relays ?" Has anyone else ? When serving as NCS for the Midwest Net for the NAQCC I occasionally just say "any relays ? "  It has worked a time or two. Needless to say 7.1235 has been VERY poor in the evenings and QNI's have dropped to almost nothing.

Just my 2 cents worth...........Steve/WBQQT

Wayne Dillon

Hi Steve and the rest of the gang,
That would suite me, I'll could just send "any relays?" or "any QSP?" and see what turns up. Either way I'm willing to go along with the group consensus. As you say 40 in the evenings has been poor (and that's being generous!) so if we're all in agreement I'll begin that regime next Wednesday (I'll send "any QSP?" when we're all done with the checkins that can make it unassisted).
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM, Steve Sellmeyer <ssellmeyer@...> wrote:

Never have found a Q code for use as "any relays ?" Has anyone else ? When serving as NCS for the Midwest Net for the NAQCC I occasionally just say "any relays ? "  It has worked a time or two. Needless to say 7.1235 has been VERY poor in the evenings and QNI's have dropped to almost nothing.

Just my 2 cents worth...........Steve/WBQQT

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686

WA0ITP

I'll do the same. I know there have been times that Bart couldn't make it into the 40M net.  This should work for him as well.  Hope that that Ron and others can make it in this way.
----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP

[...]

That will work assuming the distant station can hear net control.  I remember participating in a phone net when my QTH was CT.  Might have been ECARS.  After he took all check-ins, net control would ask if any relays, and then asked farthest west station to call for check-ins and usually gathered in a few more people.  Helped keep interest in the net and more people over wider area could participate.  It was also good practice for difficult times when relays can really make a difference.

72 - Ron

[...]

Perhaps we should ask if there are any stations with QSP's for the net?
Wayne - KC0PMH

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM, AG1P - Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

[...]

Ge Wayne
That would work.