Topics

Antennas and Ice!

Wayne Dillon

Good morning all,
Well if the old adage about your antenna not being big enough if it survives the winter is true then mine was big enough! Night before last ice brought mine down, snapped the timber mast at the join (always a weak point) so later today, if i can get into my workshop i'll dig out the 0.5 size G5RV and get it up in the attic space, gotta have something to join in on Thursday morning net. As it's Christmas Day Wednesday do y'all still want to do a 40m net or two ?
72/3 es God Bless all de Wayne - KC0PMH

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686

WA0ITP

ARGHH!!  Sri to hear that Wayne, hope you can repair it fairly easily, and soon. It does a nice job for you.  I'll probably be out of the shack on Wednesday evening so I'm not planning on the 80M net.  If I do get home for it, I'll post a note on the reflector and see if I can scare up some folks who are free of family obligations on Christmas Day evening.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP

[...]

Well it's forced me to do something I likely should have done months ago, replace the timber mast with a sectional metal one I have ready to go. just wait a few more days for the wx to improve and I'll "get er done".
Merry Christmas all along with a peaceful and prosperous new year.
God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:

[...]

Tom Sevart

Luckily Christmas is supposed to be around 40F here so I hope to get some ice melted off my antennas. My random wire was hanging low this weekend.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Johnny AC0BQ

Sorry abt your bad luck Wayne.
Maybe we can all throw out our call signs
Tuesday snd Wednesday am and see who is listening!

Several years ago, I had a low G5 which i fed with qro, ( remember those days?) from a 520.
It had more than a quarter inch of ice on it and i decided to De ice it with a long stick.
Needless to say it separated and crashed to the ground. My advice is, if its in the air after the storm, leave it alone.
Merry Christmas all!
Johnny AC0BQ

On Monday, December 23, 2013, Wayne Dillon wrote:

[...]

QRP....."more smiles per watt"

Paul Smith

One leg of my doublet is on the roof and frozen to the ground.... It KINDA loads... I will be around in the morning...

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from my iPad