Topics

Cyclone Scores Hawaii

WA0ITP

I'm happy to report that tonight at 0157z I worked our own Steve Hutcherson,
WB5CTS, who was on Maui. The freq was 7122 and we both were weak but had a
solid contact. Steve was using a DSW-40 and a 80M loop at 77 feet and I was on
my Cyclone and normal 111' wire which slopes up to ~50 feet at the far end.
Needless to say the band was looong.

Woo Hoo!

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

Gary KF7WNS

Heard you both here in Oregon - 559...

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 7:34 PM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:

I'm happy to report that tonight at 0157z I worked our own Steve Hutcherson,
WB5CTS, who was on Maui. The freq was 7122 and we both were weak but had a
solid contact. Steve was using a DSW-40 and a 80M loop at 77 feet and I was on
my Cyclone and normal 111' wire which slopes up to ~50 feet at the far end.
Needless to say the band was looong.

Woo Hoo!

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

Marshall Dias

Two weak signals "drifted" ashore....Sounds like a book title :)

Congrats Terry!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 5, 2014, at 9:34 PM, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

I'm happy to report that tonight at 0157z I worked our own Steve Hutcherson,
WB5CTS, who was on Maui. The freq was 7122 and we both were weak but had a
solid contact. Steve was using a DSW-40 and a 80M loop at 77 feet and I was on
my Cyclone and normal 111' wire which slopes up to ~50 feet at the far end.
Needless to say the band was looong.

Woo Hoo!

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

dave <ho13dave@...>

So how did he get up an 80m loop (at 77 ft) in KH6? Real estate is at a premium out that way . . .

73 de dave
ab9ca/4

On 1/5/14 9:34 PM, WA0ITP wrote:
I'm happy to report that tonight at 0157z I worked our own Steve Hutcherson,
WB5CTS, who was on Maui. The freq was 7122 and we both were weak but had a
solid contact. Steve was using a DSW-40 and a 80M loop at 77 feet and I was on
my Cyclone and normal 111' wire which slopes up to ~50 feet at the far end.
Needless to say the band was looong.

Woo Hoo!

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

------------------------------------

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
OzarkCon is coming April 4-5, 2014 in Branson, MO
View Details at http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.phpYahoo Groups Links

.

Dale Putnam

Congrats Terry very good
Sent from my NOOK

WA0ITP wrote:

I'm happy to report that tonight at 0157z I worked our own Steve Hutcherson,
WB5CTS, who was on Maui. The freq was 7122 and we both were weak but had a
solid contact. Steve was using a DSW-40 and a 80M loop at 77 feet and I was on
my Cyclone and normal 111' wire which slopes up to ~50 feet at the far end.
Needless to say the band was looong.

Woo Hoo!

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

WA0ITP

Yes it is, and I dont have a clue. Hutch?

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

| So how did he get up an 80m loop (at 77 ft) in KH6? Real estate is at
| a premium out that way . . .
|
| 73 de dave
| ab9ca/4
|

| On 1/5/14 9:34 PM, WA0ITP wrote:
| > I'm happy to report that tonight at 0157z I worked our own Steve Hutcherson,
| > WB5CTS, who was on Maui. The freq was 7122 and we both were weak but had a
| > solid contact. Steve was using a DSW-40 and a 80M loop at 77 feet and I was
on
| > my Cyclone and normal 111' wire which slopes up to ~50 feet at the far end.
| > Needless to say the band was looong.
| >
| > Woo Hoo!
| >
| > ----------------------------------
| > Back to the bench, Winter's too valuable to waste.
| > I love this radio stuff !
| > 72 WA0ITP
| > www.wa0itp.com
| > www.4sqrp.com
| >

| > ------------------------------------
| >
| > 4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
| > OzarkCon is coming April 4-5, 2014 in Branson, MO
| > View Details at http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.phpYahoo Groups Links
| >

| > .

Johnny AC0BQ

Congrats on Hawaii
Terry!
Nice work

On Sunday, January 5, 2014, WA0ITP wrote:

I'm happy to report that tonight at 0157z I worked our own Steve Hutcherson,
WB5CTS, who was on Maui. The freq was 7122 and we both were weak but had a
solid contact. Steve was using a DSW-40 and a 80M loop at 77 feet and I was on
my Cyclone and normal 111' wire which slopes up to ~50 feet at the far end.
Needless to say the band was looong.

Woo Hoo!

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

QRP....."more smiles per watt"

Paul Smith

Congrats Terry,,,, the cyclone is doing it's thing.

de Paul Smith N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 5, 2014, at 9:34 PM, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

I'm happy to report that tonight at 0157z I worked our own Steve Hutcherson,
WB5CTS, who was on Maui. The freq was 7122 and we both were weak but had a
solid contact. Steve was using a DSW-40 and a 80M loop at 77 feet and I was on
my Cyclone and normal 111' wire which slopes up to ~50 feet at the far end.
Needless to say the band was looong.

Woo Hoo!

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

W0IIT

Terry,

An amazing feat!!! Score one for the qrp guys and qrp gods!!!!!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geratol=#1000

Robert

Great contact, Terry

Is there something special about 111 feet, or is that how much wire you had?

Do you have a counter poise wire, a radial feed, or just ground??