QRPometer on 6M

Rich Fowler <k8meg@...>

    A fellow ham joined the QRPometer yahoo group to find answers to some questions. That group is not really a discussion group so I'm posting the question here.

Has anyone use the QRPometer on 6M? Yes, I know the spec says 160-10M.

The other question which I think I answered adequately was using the QRPo with PSK and/or Olivia modes. Anyone?

Please reply here.

Thanks & 72,
Rich K8MEG

Chuck Carpenter

Rich,

Just cranked the FT-847 to lowest RF out on 6 meters. Measured about 2 Watts with the QRPo and about the same with my WM-2 work-a-like. Seems to be close enough for practical purposes.

At 09:17 PM 1/29/2014, Rich Fowler wrote:
Has anyone use the QRPometer on 6M?

Chuck Carpenter, W5USJ
EM22cv, Rains Co. TX

WA0ITP

Yes.  This question was asked some time ago and (if I remember right) the upper limit is probably limited by the reactance of the dummy load resistors at the higher freqs.  I believe that Dave commented on this so his message is in the "conversation" list

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP

    A fellow ham joined the QRPometer yahoo group to find answers to some questions. That group is not really a discussion group so I'm posting the question here.

Has anyone use the QRPometer on 6M? Yes, I know the spec says 160-10M.

The other question which I think I answered adequately was using the QRPo with PSK and/or Olivia modes. Anyone?

Please reply here.

Thanks & 72,
Rich K8MEG

WA0ITP

Thanks Chuck,

Data is far better than my memory, for sure.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

| Just cranked the FT-847 to lowest RF out on 6 meters. Measured about
| 2 Watts with the QRPo and about the same with my WM-2
| work-a-like. Seems to be close enough for practical purposes.
|
| At 09:17 PM 1/29/2014, Rich Fowler wrote:
| >Has anyone use the QRPometer on 6M?
|

| Chuck Carpenter, W5USJ
| EM22cv, Rains Co. TX

| 4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
| OzarkCon is coming April 4-5, 2014 in Branson, MO
| View Details at http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.phpYahoo Groups Links

Rich Fowler <k8meg@...>

Thanks Chuck, I knew someone had done this!
72,
Rich