Timothy Stabler_(SAD NEWS)..HELP

Chris Howard w0ep

I do believe this is a scam.

On 2/7/2014 4:20 AM, Timothy Stabler wrote:

Hi,

This message is coming to you with great depression due to my state of discomfort, hope you get this fast and in good health. I really don't want to disturb you about this but I had no one else to turn to. In case you are not aware. I'm presently in Kharkov, Ukraine and i'm writing to inform you about my cousin's illness, She is diagnosed with (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia) - a type of Blood Cancer in 2005 and she had been undergoing treatment since then. Please I'm very sorry for my unannounced trip to Ukraine, the news of her illness got to me as an emergency so i had too rush down here.

The doctor noticed that the disease has relapsed and the only way she can survive is by undergoing a BMT (Bone Marrow Transplantation). She will be undergoing the transplant soon at the Donetsk Regional Trauma Hospital. The estimate for the transplant (BMT) is $8,500 USD. I have already spent approx. $5,550 USD towards her treatment. i'm having some financial problem here due to the short period i had to prepare. I request you to lend out a helping hand and support me with a loan of $2,950 USD to complete the deposit. She's really going through terrible pain right now any kind of help whatsoever will be deeply appreciated. Your help and support will give her a chance to live a normal life once again. I promise to make the refund once I get back home. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this request may cause you. Please let me know what you can help me with,

I will await your prompt response.

Kind regards

Tim

davemrtn

Bill Cromwell

On 02/07/2014 10:15 AM, Chris Howard w0ep wrote:

I do believe this is a scam.
Yes - of course. Scammer spammers do this because once in a while somebody is fooled. Probably nobody bright enough to be a ham radio licensee is fooled. I looked at some earlier email messages from the *real* Tim. The handwriting and the accent in this message is obviously fake. The scammer (aka criminal) is obviously not bright enough to even be a spammer (nuisance) and never mind about being a licensed, QRP ham. (required ham/QRP content).

73,

Bill KU8H

Cecil Bayona <cbayona@...>

I need $10,000 as soon as possible, please send it to me.

--
Cecil - k5nwa

Tom Sevart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

email4utoo@...

that was Funny Tim ! I shared it with someone who needs cheering up . Tnx, AJ K5ZYB - OZARKS

Rick Bennett

I have to think that spam sales went up after that clip came out.  I was only 6 years old so I wouldn't remember that kind of thing (grin).

I was thinking I had seen a radio in a spam can; finally located it:

http://www.qsl.net/n0rc/rm/Rock-Pile/k6bbq/k6bbq.html

Perhaps there are others out there??

That inspires an idea; a truly "minimalist" QRP rig designed to fit in a spam can.  Very low parts count, short build time, etc. etc.

de KC0PET, Rick

From: wrcromwell@...
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 21:47:03 -0500

On 02/08/2014 08:49 PM, Gary wrote:

> Hello Rick, my thoughts exactly on the transceiver in a spam can.....I
> am wanting to build up a half watt or a 1 watt transceiver on 80 CW
> with VXO and speaker output.....40 meters or 30 meters is not a
> problem.....Even 20 meters.....My first thought was the QRP frequency
> of 10.106 MHZ.....A good VXO will cover the whole 30 meter band.....
>
> Can you do surface mount parts? I have had too many years of
> surface mount parts.....Let me rummage around in my library and see if
> I can come up with 2 or 3 good circuits.....
>
> If the circuit board needs to use thru-hole parts, that is no
> problem.....Circuit boards will run about $5.00 each and take 4 or 5
> days to get in quantities of 10 or more.....If the board are going to
> be surface mount parts, then I probably have all parts on hand
> already.....
>
> I in NO way am wanting to compete with the 4sqrp kits, but, this
> sounds like fun.....Gary...K5QNM.

Hi,
I've et Spam (processed by Armour) and played with the empty tins. You
can build a rig with tubes inside one of those!

73,

Bill KU8H

John Lonigro

Go to QRPME.com.  Tuna is healthier than Spam anyway.

Don't forget the SSS tomorrow night!!!

John AA0VE