No, seriously, this is real. HI

dekle <dekle@...>

Hi,

This message is coming to you with great depression due to my state
of discomfort, hope you get this fast and in good health. I really
don't want to disturb you about this but I had no one else to turn
to. In case you are not aware I'm presently in Claremore, Oklahoma and
i'm writing to inform you about my Rockmite transceiver's illness, It is
diagnosed with AJT (Acute Junction Thermoitis) - a type of transistor
malfunction.
Please I'm very sorry for my unannounced trouble, the news
of my transceiver's failure got to me as an emergency so i had too rush down here.

The only way it can survive is by undergoing a TRT (Transistor Replacement Therapy).
It will be undergoing the transplant soon at the workshop in my garage.
The estimate for the transplant is 0.19 USD. I have already spent approx. 0.32 USD towards
the repair. i'm having some financial problem here due to the
short period i had to prepare. I request you to lend out a helping
hand and support me with a donation of scraps of tin foil. Once I get enough tin foil,
I'll take it to the metal recycling place in order to purchase a replacement transistor.
I am  really going through terrible pain and agony right now over the loss of my last 2N2222 so any kind
of help whatsoever will be deeply appreciated. Send no money - only tin foil scraps.Your help and support
will give my Rockmite a chance to live a normal life once again. I promise
to make the refund once I get back home. I sincerely apologize for
any inconveniences this request may cause you. Please let me know
what you can help me with,

I will await your prompt response.

Kind regards

Bill
KV6Z

P.S. - I know it's a ways til April 01, but I just couldn't resist.

Dale Putnam

Very "original" ...
You're quite entertaining, Bill.

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

To: 4sqrp@...
From: dekle@...
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 13:00:20 -0600
Subject: [4sqrp] No, seriously, this is real. HI

[...]

Cecil Bayona <cbayona@...>

I'm sorry, I know the pain you are going through, I wish I could help.

At present I have no aluminum foil, I do have some 2000 Troy ounce gold bars, and lots of cash, if these could be of help let me know.

If you want to I could send you one gold bar, that aught to buy several 2N2222 devices for your operation, just sent me $136.42 to cover the cost of shipping and processing and I will send you one 2000 Troy oz gold bar.

--
Cecil - k5nwa

Wayne Dillon

Bill,
Just curious but what chance does a Rockmite have to live a "normal life" in the hands of an avid QRPer? just wonderin'. Don't forget to set some of the tinfoil scraps aside for the almost mandatory therapy sessions...

Guess what, I couldn't resist either...
72/3 de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 1:00 PM, dekle <dekle@...> wrote:

[...]

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686

Todd K7TFC

Bill,

Have you signed the Rockmite up for SSI or other disability entitlements? By the way, does it have Veteran's benefits?

73,

Todd
K7TFC / Medford, Oregon, USA / CN82ni / UTC-8 (PST)

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Wayne Dillon <wayne.dillon@...> wrote:

[...]

Tim N9PUZ

I think you all have a very serious case of Cabin Fever.

'cmon warmer weather and Ozarkon!

Tim N9PUZ
4SQRP Mail List Co-Moderator

davemrtn

Tom Sevart

On 02/07/2014 13:00, dekle wrote:

i'm writing to inform you about my Rockmite transceiver's illness, It is
diagnosed with AJT (Acute Junction Thermoitis) - a type of transistor
malfunction.
The Nigerian prince I'm helping move money out of his country got a kick out of this.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

KD4OBQ

I will have to say I got quite a chuckle over a few cockroaches.

For those newbies that don't know about the 2N2222 you could get them in the 80's for less than aluminium foil.

72
Pat KD4OBQ

AR
How to Sleep Like a Rock