7122 Net

WA0ITP

No takers today, the band is in bad shape with the A index at 47. Must have
been a CME on the sun. I hear very few signals on 40 and those are weak. This
doesnt bode well for the 80M Fox Hunt tonight either.

Next week will be better. Thanks to all who tried this morning.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

kb4qqj

I tried....BUT:

From solarham.com:

WARNING: Geomagnetic K-Index of 6 expected
Valid From: 2014 Feb 19 0330 UTC
Valid To: 2014 Feb 19 0700 UTC
Warning Condition: Onset
NOAA Scale: G2 - Moderate
Potential Impacts: Area of impact primarily poleward of 55 degrees Geomagnetic Latitude.
Induced Currents - Power grid fluctuations can occur. High-latitude power systems may experience voltage alarms.
Spacecraft - Satellite orientation irregularities may occur; increased drag on low Earth-orbit satellites is possible.
Radio - HF (high frequency) radio propagation can fade at higher latitudes.
Aurora - Aurora may be seen as low as New York to Wisconsin to Washington state.
--
Randy_KB4QQJ

In a message dated 2/20/2014 10:40:49 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, wa0itp@... writes:

No takers today, the band is in bad shape with the A index at 47. Must have
been a CME on the sun. I hear very few signals on 40 and those are weak. This
doesnt bode well for the 80M Fox Hunt tonight either.

Next week will be better. Thanks to all who tried this morning.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

Jim Sheldon

Spaceweather.com is reporting a big M class flare and a geomagnetic storm as well! 40 is so long even now that the West coast stations are still running S7-9 at 10 a.m. Even in-state CW signals on 160 and 80 were so weak as to be unreadable at 5 this morning while Shin, JA1NUT, was 20 over 9 for a while on 40!

Last weekend during the ARRL DX contest 40-10 meters stayed wide open through most of the 48 hour operating period. Haven't seen condx like this for qyite a few years!

W0EB

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 20, 2014, at 9:40 AM, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@mchsi.com> wrote:

No takers today, the band is in bad shape with the A index at 47. Must have
been a CME on the sun. I hear very few signals on 40 and those are weak. This
doesnt bode well for the 80M Fox Hunt tonight either.

Next week will be better. Thanks to all who tried this morning.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

------------------------------------

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
OzarkCon is coming April 4-5, 2014 in Branson, MO
View Details at http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.phpYahoo Groups Links

Dale Putnam

I'm getting fair reports on 40 with RBN, just no Qs.
With Mn and Ga up tonight... it might be really interesting to catch pelts...
Good Luck to all!!

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

To: 4sqrp@...
From: wa0itp@...
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 09:40:54 -0600
Subject: [4sqrp] 7122 Net

No takers today, the band is in bad shape with the A index at 47. Must have
been a CME on the sun. I hear very few signals on 40 and those are weak. This
doesnt bode well for the 80M Fox Hunt tonight either.

Next week will be better. Thanks to all who tried this morning.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

w2sh@...

Tuned up around 1435Z and no 4SQRP heard in NJ.  Up a few Hz there was a QRO traffic net QRV from W4-land with good sigs, ~579.

72,

Charles, W2SH

To: 4sqrp@...
From: wa0itp@...
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 09:40:54 -0600

No takers today, the band is in bad shape with the A index at 47. Must have
been a CME on the sun. I hear very few signals on 40 and those are weak. This
doesnt bode well for the 80M Fox Hunt tonight either.

Next week will be better. Thanks to all who tried this morning.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

Chuck Carpenter

Not many good signals for the 7047 WW CW net starting at 1200 UTC this morning. And this group does not run QRP..

Usually stations in SFL are very strong here. I could barely hear them. NCS was in MS and much weaker than usual as was the station in Austin TX. No noise showing up on the S meter either.

I did finally get checked in via QSP with a station in VA. Interesting propagation.

So not a surprise that a QRP net would have difficulty.

No takers today, the band is in bad shape with the A index at 47. Must have
been a CME on the sun. I hear very few signals on 40 and those are weak.

Chuck Carpenter, W5USJ
EM22cv, Rains Co. TX

Phil Anderson

Yea Chuck,

It's a day to do other stuff. Got my eQSL stuff set up, got my AC4.6 and contest
program disk ordered from Scott......so only one other thing.....rumble through the
ARRL LOTA gauntlet app.

72, Unc Phil
EM28ix

Chuck Carpenter wrote:

Not many good signals for the 7047 WW CW net starting at 1200 UTC
this morning. And this group does not run QRP..

Usually stations in SFL are very strong here. I could barely hear
them. NCS was in MS and much weaker than usual as was the station in
Austin TX. No noise showing up on the S meter either.

I did finally get checked in via QSP with a station in
VA. Interesting propagation.

So not a surprise that a QRP net would have difficulty.

>No takers today, the band is in bad shape with the A index at 47.
Must h ave
>been a CME on the sun. I hear very few signals on 40 and those are weak.

Chuck Carpenter, W5USJ
EM22cv, Rains Co. TX

Dale Putnam

Good Luck,   Have fun with it... and in the mean time...
20 is going to be fun... and the Foxhunt on 80 tonight will be a kick too...
or .. will we be kicked?... inquiring minds...

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

To: 4sqrp@...; w5usj@...
From: aldenmcduffie@...
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 13:17:43 -0600
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] 7122 Net

Chuck Carpenter wrote:

Not many good signals for the 7047 WW CW net starting at 1200 UTC
this morning. And this group does not run QRP..

Usually stations in SFL are very strong here. I could barely hear
them. NCS was in MS and much weaker than usual as was the station in
Austin TX. No noise showing up on the S meter either.

I did finally get checked in via QSP with a station in
VA. Interesting propagation.

So not a surprise that a QRP net would have difficulty.

>No takers today, the band is in bad shape with the A index at 47.
Must h ave
>been a CME on the sun. I hear very few signals on 40 and those are weak.

Chuck Carpenter, W5USJ
EM22cv, Rains Co. TX

glene77is@...

Topic:   7122 Net
Guys,
I frequent the 7122 Sunrise Net most every morning. .
Is anyone here suggesting that the 7122 Net is a QRP group  ?

Glen Ellis,   KK4LPG ,   QRP / CW, bio on QRZ.

To: 4sqrp@...; w5usj@...
From: aldenmcduffie@...
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 13:17:43 -0600

Chuck Carpenter wrote:

Not many good signals for the 7047 WW CW net starting at 1200 UTC
this morning. And this group does not run QRP..

Usually stations in SFL are very strong here. I could barely hear
them. NCS was in MS and much weaker than usual as was the station in
Austin TX. No noise showing up on the S meter either.

I did finally get checked in via QSP with a station in
VA. Interesting propagation.

So not a surprise that a QRP net would have difficulty.

>No takers today, the band is in bad shape with the A index at 47.
Must h ave
>been a CME on the sun. I hear very few signals on 40 and those are weak.

Chuck Carpenter, W5USJ
EM22cv, Rains Co. TX

WA0ITP

Hi Glen,

No not all, but we do have a net on or about 7122 on Thursday mornings to 8:30.  7122 has become a Four State hangout and we have many QSOs there.

I have heard of the Sunrise net and hear it going most mornings, but I hear it on 7123, and with some big signals.

I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP

From: aldenmcduffie@...
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 13:17:43 -0600