oh - oh

Dale Putnam

awoke to the sound of ice falling.. not good...
checked temps.. after a night of fog and freezing mist.. (say what?)  yeah, freezing mist.. rime ice on everything.
Temp is 4.. ice is an inch or better thick. no wind.. yet.
Horses not happy.. covered with ice.. but they are hungry.. so feeding is good.

While feeding, keep checking antennas... supports are at their max.. guy line fat and heavy..
antenna wires way bigger than the 17g wire should be. I'm glad I used 17ga rather than the 19ga.
The end support masts are straining.. and the end support towers are too.

Check the forecast.. going to warm up.. but so is the wind.. up to 25... mph.. and F.. which comes first?
Temp now is 3.. and the wind is 5.. not a good sign at all...

Sipping coffee checking from each of the windows ... great way to enjoy a cup of coffee... right?

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

Wendell Morrill

Dale-
Strong winds, blizzard conditions, roads closed, towers are swaying, but
wires are still up. When will spring arrive? Chickens are not happy,
geese don't seem to mind the cold.
Wendell
N7WM
Montana

[...]

--... ...--
Dale - WC7S in Wy

WA0ITP

Hope the ants stay up, hood luck.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP

[...]

Thank you Terry,
Makes me wish I had installed that deicer circuit on the BowTie..
dog gone it..   maybe I'll be lucky and the temp will come up first.

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

To: 4sqrp@...
From: wa0itp@...
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 10:09:56 -0600
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] oh - oh

[...]

Spring Break.. might bring a new meaning to the words... ugh.
But then.. maybe?
I think I'll go hunting for that *^%$#@!  ground hog....

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

If your antennas stay up through this then they ain't big enough!

73,

Bill KU8H

On 03/01/2014 11:09 AM, WA0ITP wrote:

Hope the ants stay up, hood luck.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP
www.wa0itp.com <http://www.wa0itp.com>
www.4sqrp.com <http://www.4sqrp.com>

Paul

You may want to consider rattling your antennas to knock the ice off.

My telephone company experience indicated that ice on wires melts from the inside out.  The water from the melted ice stays inside of the remaining tube of ice and gets extremely heavy and that is when the wires break – when the ice is melting.

Last night we had .31 inches of rain at my home in Phoenix and it is a bit cool today – 58d as I type.

Paul, W8AEF

Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2014 9:16 AM
To: 4sqrp

Thank you Terry,
Makes me wish I had installed that deicer circuit on the BowTie..
dog gone it..   maybe I'll be lucky and the temp will come up first.

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

Johnny AC0BQ

Good luck Dale!
The last time I beat on my ant wires with a broom handle, they crashed !
Its 23 here in Ks with very light freezing rain.
They are predicting 2-3 inches of sleet then 3-6 inches of snow this evening /tonight.
I checked the generator and filled it up with fuel, may come in handy.
 72
Stay warm
Johnny AC0BQ

--
QRP....."more smiles per watt"

Dale Putnam

The last time this happened, I lost a 400 ft tower, (customer) when someone thought it would be a good thing to
know the ice off the guys... nope.. it wasn't...

So.. I am just kickin me.. for not putting the deicer circuit in...
nutz!

Well,... time will tell.. the wind is coming up here a bit.. but temp is only 16.. and the sky is turning blue again..
And the antenna wires are swaying..

One thing that is likely holding them up.. is I swapped my Fox turn.. so I'm not up again.. until the 27th. So, even if Murphy
has his way.. I have time to fix it. I hope.

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

To: 4sqrp@...; daleputnam@...
From: jomatlock@...
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 11:05:08 -0600

[...]

Joe Bento

Ice in Wyoming and Montana, so it's all around me. It's about 50 in Pleasant Grove, UT (30 miles south of Salt Lake City). Been lots of rain lately. It was an unseasonably warm February. Our mountains definitely need more snow, and there's usually plenty of snow in the valley still this time of year. Not this year, however.

Joe, N6DGY

On 3/1/2014 8:52 AM, wmorrill@montana.edu wrote:
[...]

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
OzarkCon is coming April 4-5, 2014 in Branson, MO
View Details at http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.phpYahoo Groups Links