Topics

WX

WA0ITP

Looks like a lot of ice in Eastern Oklahoma, Southern Missouri. Everyone ok?
Are your antennas still up? Hope all is well in the Four State area tonight.
----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

Paul Smith

Just a little ice, sleet and snow flurries in Humboldt, ks..... Dang cold though.

de Paul Smith N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 2, 2014, at 7:24 PM, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

Looks like a lot of ice in Eastern Oklahoma, Southern Missouri. Everyone ok?
Are your antennas still up? Hope all is well in the Four State area tonight.
----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

Dale Putnam

I'm doing better.. it was a heat wave today.. with temps soaring.. right up to near 20.. maybe even 30... so about half the ice on the wires came off.. now the sag is left..
because steel stretches.. and so does copper. .. It would be good to have all the ice off
before tensioning. Maybe another day or so.. and if I am really really lucky.. the wind won't blow. This is crazy weather.. the snow is melting a little bit at a time.. the water is running down under the snow... and soaking in.. no kidding.. it doesn't usually do that.. .. usually the wind blows all the moisture away..
Bringing brand new meaning to the words "mud room"...   I think I will have to quite talking about dust under the snow, it isn't there anymore.

So.. maybe the bullet missed this time...
Good Luck to all those still dealing with it..  maybe the wind won't blow before it warms enough.

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

To: 4sqrp@...
From: wa0itp@...
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 19:24:09 -0600
Subject: [4sqrp] WX

Looks like a lot of ice in Eastern Oklahoma, Southern Missouri. Everyone ok?
Are your antennas still up? Hope all is well in the Four State area tonight.
----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

AG1P Ron

It’s 50 degrees and showers here on Oregon coast with 20-25 mph sustained, 45 mph gusts.  The sand is blowing so bad I’m beginning to believe I’m Lawrence of Arabia.  However would not trade it for low temps, ice and snow. My stealth ant is truly stealth – two hours ago a big gust took it away. Probably in Seattle by now.

72 – Ron – AG1P

From: wrcromwell@...
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 06:31:24 -0500
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] WX

On 03/02/2014 10:19 PM, Cecil Bayona wrote:

> NW Arkansas not too far away is 12 F and falling with less than 1" of
> ice but the night is young.

Good morning,

I hope everybody has survived the night with antennas and homes intact.
We haven't been plagued with ice storms here in northern Michigan but as
I sip my morning coffee the official outside temp is 18 below zero (F).
A few mornings ago it was 28 below. My outdoor thermometer blew away but
it tends to be a couple of degrees colder right here than at the airport.

Stay warm and dry.

73,

Bill KU8H

Bruce Winkelman <bdwink@...>

Had a total of 2 inches of snow/ice/sleet over the weekend here on the southwest side of Tulsa, antennas still up in the air. Roads covered with snow etc. but passable. Cold this AM, 4 degrees F, heading to a "high" of 19 this afternoon.

72/73,
Bruce AA5CO

bobby rolph

Well here we go again. We got about an half of inch of ice and about four inches of snow on top of it here in  central Kentucky last night. I guess I will just stay in and melt some solder! The good news is all antenna's are still up and working.
Bobby Rolph
kb4qnr

Bill Cromwell

Heh,

The temp dropped to 22 below zero just after sunrise and that's still the official temp. Hopefully with the bright sunshine it will start creeping back up toward zero!

I'm pleased to hear that some antennas have survived the ice.

73,

Bill KU8H

On 03/03/2014 08:12 AM, Dale Putnam wrote:

Thank God for coffee.!

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

W0IIT

Here in the Pitts we got about 3 inches of snow on top of the solid sheet of ice and the temp is -1. The good news is that it is a beautiful sunny day with no wind. My dipole has survived, so far. Hope everyone affected by this winter storm are warm and safe!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp=#72, FP=#11, ARS=#568,
SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819,
Zombie=#500, Geratol=#1000

Tom Sevart

Luckily (if you can call getting winter weather lucky) here we only got already frozen sleet one night, then snow another night, so no freezing precipitation on the wires.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Rick Bennett

Unfortunately the wx has kept me out of the shack because of work - sigh.  I think all of my antennas are up, but no time to pump any RF into them.

Hopefully spring will be here soon.  And hopefully without any flooding either because that means more hours of work also.

I hope everyone's antennas survived.

de KC0PET, Rick