Club Membership

Scott - NB0W

This is probably a stupid question, but here goes anyway . . .

How does one become a member of 4SQRP and get a member number? I've tried to find a sign-up form on the website but I'm not seeing how to actually become a 4S member. I see the membership list, but how does one actually join the club and learn the secret 4S handshake?

Thanks,
Scott - nb0w

On 3/6/2014 6:16 AM, John R. Lonigro wrote:

This coming Sunday is the 2nd Sunday of the month, which means SECOND
SUNDAY SPRINT (SSS). Whether you have ice on ants, ants on ice,
antennas on the ground or a grounded antenna, you've got about 4 days to
straighten it all out and get on the air.

Here are the details:

Date/time: Sunday, 9 Mar, 2014, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm CST (0100 - 0300Z
Monday).
Bands: 160M through 10M, no WARC bands or 60M.
Frequencies: The usual QRP watering holes - don't forget 7122 kHz and
3564 kHz.
Power: 5 Watts maximum.
Mode: CW or sideband.
Exchange: RST, SPC, and member number (members) or RST, SPC, power
(non-members).
Calling CQ: "CQ 4S" recommended.

Note: Contacts with the same station on different bands are allowed. In
case there is any sideband activity, the sideband and CW portions of the
same band count as two separate bands.

Reporting:
Add up your QSOs for each band/mode and send them to me. I'm requesting
one additional piece of data: your QTH. It is interesting to see how
widespread participation is in this sprint. Note: QTH is not required
for your exchange (not prohibited either). Just include YOUR QTH in
your report.

With that in mind, a typical report would be:

Name: Fido
Call: K9MUT
QTH: Dogtown, KS
4SQRP number: 5280
Results:
40M CW: 2 QSOs
40M SSB: 1 QSO
80M CW: 1 QSO
80M SSB: 1 QSO
Total: 5 QSOs

You do not need to list the stations contacted. But if you make an
exotic contact, you might as well brag about it in an optional bragging
section at the bottom of your submittal. I'll include comments when I
report the scores (no extra credit).

When you've totaled your score, please send it to:
secondsundaysprint@.... Put "Sprint" in the subject line. Please
avoid "replying" to one of my emails. The sprint results go to a
separate mailbox. Send the results before Wednesday (between 9:00
Sunday night and midnight Tuesday night). I'll tally everything and
publish them on this reflector as soon as possible, probably Wednesday
morning. I suggest you send them in shortly after 9:00 pm Sunday so you
don't forget. If you see a mistake or omission when I publish the
results, let me know and I'll fix it.

Please keep this email until after you've submitted your score for
Sunday. Remember, the person with the most SSS contacts between
November, 2013 and September, 2014 will be allowed to use the club's
callsign, WQ5RP, for the 4X4 sprint in October, 2014.

The SSS rules are posted on the 4SQRP website, under "4SQRP On Air
Activities", just in case you deleted this email.

72 and good luck in the contest,

John AA0VE
SSS Coordinator

Wayne Dillon

Scott,
You're on the list so that means you're a member. Can't quite remember how the number arrives, but it will.
Welcome aboard, we're very glad to have you and I look forward to working you.
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 8:18 AM, Scott - nb0w <nb0w@...> wrote:

[...]

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686

Scott - NB0W

Thanks Wayne,

I guess I was trying to make it harder than it really is.

If whoever maintains the membership has a minute to reply with my # before the SSS, that would be great. I hope to be able to play on Sunday.  :)

Thanks again,
Scott - nb0w

On 3/6/2014 8:28 AM, Wayne Dillon wrote:
[...]

John Lonigro

Scott:

In case you don't have a member number before the SSS, please enter the contest anyway.  Give your power (5 Watts or less) as part of your exchange.  For these sprints, scoring doesn't care about details like that.  Just tell me your number is pending when you send in your results.  When you get your number, forward it along to me and I'll make sure it shows up in the sprint results.  The club member with the most cumulative sprint QSOs after the September sprint will be able to use the club's call during the October 4x4 contest, but he must be a club member.

Can't help you with the club handshake.  Nobody ever told me either.

72,

John AA0VE

On 03/06/2014 08:40 AM, Scott - nb0w wrote:

[...]

davemrtn

Johnny AC0BQ

Gm Scott
The hand shake works for me!!!
I am pretty Sure joining the group reflector will get you put on the membership list.
If I am wrong, some one please fill in the blanks.
Welcome to our QRP group, commonly known as "the friendly group"
Please join in and have fun.

--
QRP....."more smiles per watt"

davemrtn

Tim N9PUZ

Scott --

You have been added to the membership list and your call now shows up on the member pages. Your number is 773.

Tim N9PUZ
4SQRP List Co-Admin

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 8:18 AM, Scott - nb0w <nb0w@scottm.cc
<mailto:nb0w@scottm.cc>> wrote:

__

This is probably a stupid question, but here goes anyway . . .

How does one become a member of 4SQRP and get a member number? I've
tried to find a sign-up form on the website but I'm not seeing how
to actually become a 4S member. I see the membership list, but how
does one actually join the club and learn the secret 4S handshake?

Thanks,
Scott - nb0w

Scott - NB0W

Awesome Tim, thank you!

What a great number ... 773 ... that will be easy to remember.

Hopefully I can give it out a few times on Sunday.

Thanks again, :)
Scott - nb0w

On 3/6/2014 10:55 AM, Tim McDonough N9PUZ wrote:
Scott --

You have been added to the membership list and your call now shows up on the member pages. Your number is 773.

Tim N9PUZ
4SQRP List Co-Admin

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 8:18 AM, Scott - nb0w <nb0w@scottm.cc
<mailto:nb0w@scottm.cc>> wrote:

__

This is probably a stupid question, but here goes anyway . . .

How does one become a member of 4SQRP and get a member number? I've
tried to find a sign-up form on the website but I'm not seeing how
to actually become a 4S member. I see the membership list, but how
does one actually join the club and learn the secret 4S handshake?

Thanks,
Scott - nb0w

kimbrell@...

The membership number for NB0W is 773. It's on the operator list on the
4SQRP website: http://www.4sqrp.com/w25.php

72/73 DE W0AO Bob

Tom Sevart

To become a member you must send me an Elecraft K2 or K3 and I'll get the membership processed immediately.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Jeremy Utley

Don't believe Tom, he's got nothing at all to do with it!  I'm the person you need to send either a K3 or KX3 to for your membership!

Jeremy, NQ0M
in beautiful downtown Iola, KS

On 3/7/2014 6:42 PM, Tom Sevart wrote:

To become a member you must send me an Elecraft K2 or K3 and I'll get
the membership processed immediately.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

__

Bill Cromwell

If I ever acquire any of them ElectroLux Knn mosheens I'll send 'em along 'n' be a member.

73,

Bill KU8H

4SQRP 555

MI QRP M1778

On 03/07/2014 09:33 PM, Jeremy Utley wrote:

Don't believe Tom, he's got nothing at all to do with it! I'm the person you need to send either a K3 or KX3 to for your membership!

Jeremy, NQ0M
in beautiful downtown Iola, KS

On 3/7/2014 6:42 PM, Tom Sevart wrote:

To become a member you must send me an Elecraft K2 or K3 and I'll get
the membership processed immediately.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

__

Louis Axeman <n8la@...>

Glad I got in before the requirement for membership reached this level

Lou, N8LA

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 6:37 AM, Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@...> wrote:
If I ever acquire any of them ElectroLux Knn mosheens I'll send 'em
along 'n' be a member.

73,

Bill KU8H

4SQRP 555

MI QRP M1778

On 03/07/2014 09:33 PM, Jeremy Utley wrote:

> Don't believe Tom, he's got nothing at all to do with it! I'm the
> person you need to send either a K3 or KX3 to for your membership!
>
> Jeremy, NQ0M
> in beautiful downtown Iola, KS
>
> On 3/7/2014 6:42 PM, Tom Sevart wrote:
>>
>> To become a member you must send me an Elecraft K2 or K3 and I'll get
>> the membership processed immediately.
>>
>> --
>> Tom Sevart N2UHC
>> St. Paul, KS
>>
>> __

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    4sqrp-digest@...
    4sqrp-fullfeatured@...

dekle@...

The new guys are lucky.
They made me send in my Kenwood 990 and two Icom 7800s.

Bill
KV6Z

Joe Bento

On 3/9/2014 10:25 PM, dekle@... wrote:
The new guys are lucky.
They made me send in my Kenwood 990 and two Icom 7800s.

Bill
KV6Z

I'm not greedy.  I'd settle for something a little more vintage - like a KWM-2A :-)

Joe, N6DGY