Topics

Toms 9015

Paul Smith

Hey Tom,
Glad to hear ur luck on ur new rig. I have a 9030 and 9040 both stable after a short warmup.. I have a 9020 u can leave on all week and still have to chase it up and down the band.... Oh well. Glad u mad a contact... I have mad a couple on the rig I picked up.
Cul

de Paul Smith N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

Tom Sevart

On 04/09/2014 21:13, Paul Smith wrote:
Hey Tom,
Glad to hear ur luck on ur new rig. I have a 9030 and 9040 both stable
after a short warmup.. I have a 9020 u can leave on all week and still
have to chase it up and down the band.... Oh well. Glad u mad a
contact... I have mad a couple on the rig I picked up.
Yep, I think it's going to make a nice 15M QRP rig as soon as I build a keyer to put inside it. I'm also toying with the idea of installing a Hi-Per-Mite audio filter in it.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Paul Smith

Great idea Tom, that will make it nice. I have the filter and keyer in my 9040.... I am thinking of swapping them to the 9030......cul

de Paul Smith N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 9, 2014, at 9:24 PM, Tom Sevart <tmsevart@...> wrote:

On 04/09/2014 21:13, Paul Smith wrote:
> Hey Tom,
> Glad to hear ur luck on ur new rig. I have a 9030 and 9040 both stable
> after a short warmup.. I have a 9020 u can leave on all week and still
> have to chase it up and down the band.... Oh well. Glad u mad a
> contact... I have mad a couple on the rig I picked up.

Yep, I think it's going to make a nice 15M QRP rig as soon as I build a
keyer to put inside it. I'm also toying with the idea of installing a
Hi-Per-Mite audio filter in it.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Tom
I just happen to know where you can buy a HI-PER MITE!!
72
Johnny

On Wednesday, April 9, 2014, Tom Sevart <tmsevart@...> wrote:

On 04/09/2014 21:13, Paul Smith wrote:
> Hey Tom,
> Glad to hear ur luck on ur new rig. I have a 9030 and 9040 both stable
> after a short warmup.. I have a 9020 u can leave on all week and still
> have to chase it up and down the band.... Oh well. Glad u mad a
> contact... I have mad a couple on the rig I picked up.

Yep, I think it's going to make a nice 15M QRP rig as soon as I build a
keyer to put inside it. I'm also toying with the idea of installing a
Hi-Per-Mite audio filter in it.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS