Topics

Headed to lake

Paul Smith

I retired yesterday at 4 pm and will leave home tomorrow for a week at Big Hill lake Cherryvale,Ks. I have my ATS, end fed wire tuner and crappie pole packed and will try to be on or around the watering holes.
Should be a blast the weather is supposed to cool off but this is Kansas so we will see.

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

Julio Jimenez

Congratulations Paul!!!!  Have fun at the lake.

72 ES GUD DX
Julio

Sent from Mailbox

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I retired yesterday at 4 pm and will leave home tomorrow for a week at Big Hill lake Cherryvale,Ks. I have my ATS, end fed wire tuner and crappie pole packed and will try to be on or around the watering holes.
Should be a blast the weather is supposed to cool off but this is Kansas so we will see.

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

Ray Cadmus

Enjoy your retirement.  Before too long you will be wondering how and when did you have time to work.

Enjoy,

ray    W0PFO

--

On 07/01/2014 12:18 PM, Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp] wrote:

I retired yesterday at 4 pm and will leave home tomorrow for a week at Big Hill lake Cherryvale,Ks. I have my ATS, end fed wire tuner and crappie pole packed and will try to be on or around the watering holes.
Should be a blast the weather is supposed to cool off but this is Kansas so we will see.

keith ford

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 1, 2014, at 12:18, "Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I retired yesterday at 4 pm and will leave home tomorrow for a week at Big Hill lake Cherryvale,Ks. I have my ATS, end fed wire tuner and crappie pole packed and will try to be on or around the watering holes.
Should be a blast the weather is supposed to cool off but this is Kansas so we will see.

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

Johnny AC0BQ

Have fun
Will have a listen for you
72
Johnny

On Tuesday, July 1, 2014, Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I retired yesterday at 4 pm and will leave home tomorrow for a week at Big Hill lake Cherryvale,Ks. I have my ATS, end fed wire tuner and crappie pole packed and will try to be on or around the watering holes.
Should be a blast the weather is supposed to cool off but this is Kansas so we will see.

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

--
QRP....."more smiles per watt"
72

Charlie Vest

If I get a whim to take a short drive or maybe if it isn't too hot or raining, I might just stop by there myself and do a little fishing. It is about a 25 minute drive.

Was up there about a month ago to metal detect on the beach before it opened and literally had to wait 10 to 15 minutes for all of the deer to clear the access road to the beach.

Like someone else said, once you retire, you will wonder how you ever found time to work a regular job :)

ENJOY !!

Charlie, W5COV

On 7/1/2014 4:07 PM, Johnny Matlock jomatlock@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Have fun

Will have a listen for you
72
Johnny

On Tuesday, July 1, 2014, Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I retired yesterday at 4 pm and will leave home tomorrow for a week at Big Hill lake Cherryvale,Ks. I have my ATS, end fed wire tuner and crappie pole packed and will try to be on or around the watering holes.
Should be a blast the weather is supposed to cool off but this is Kansas so we will see.

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

--
QRP....."more smiles per watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

Paul Smith

Hello Charlie stop on in if you get there. We will be at site number 48 mound valley side. The coffee pot will be on and or some ice tea.....

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 1, 2014, at 4:25 PM, "'Charlie , W5COV' cvest@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

Dale Putnam

I can see the beginnings of a very informal, but extremely fun, ..... LAKEFEST... on most convenient weekend near the Fourth of July...
all talk, eat, fish, play radio, talk.. BBQ, play radio, eat s'mores, talk... ... ....

yep.. that would be fun... no one "in charge" or ... organizing.. just pile in and have some fun.

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

Don Wilhelm <w3fpr@...>

Another QRP group with no one "in charge" is the Knightlights (http://knightlites.org).
If you say you are a member, you are!  No dues, no officers.  There are members worldwide, but there is a 'cluster' in the Research Triangle Park area in North Carolina that gathers at the RTP Golden Corral the 3rd Thursday of each month for a QRPigout.

Consider joining in the fun.  There is a Round Table for the Knights Sunday evenings at 9PM Eastern on 3574 kHz.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 7/1/2014 5:48 PM, Dale Putnam daleputnam@... [4sqrp] wrote:

I can see the beginnings of a very informal, but extremely fun, ..... LAKEFEST... on most convenient weekend near the Fourth of July...
all talk, eat, fish, play radio, talk.. BBQ, play radio, eat s'mores, talk... ... ....

yep.. that would be fun... no one "in charge" or ... organizing.. just pile in and have some fun.

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

Congrats, Paul.

If I have my way, I'll be retired at the end of 2023 or so.

Enjoy!

72, Nate

W5HEH AJ

Paul,  A hardy Congrats on Retirement, i agree with the quote about being busy, since i retired , learned how to raise chickens, for meat and eggs, how to raise Dairy Cows, make cheese,milk them, with organic methods, Organic Gardening methods, Alternative power , and Re Ticketed for Ham Radio ! + more , House repairs ++ hihi. Enjoy all and never get old , AJ W5heh

David Wilcox

I just turned in my official notification.  Will be retired June 30, 2015.  QRP fun, here I come.  Getting my "go kit" ready.

Dave K8WPE

On Jul 1, 2014, at 11:35 PM, "Nate Bargmann n0nb@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Congrats, Paul.

If I have my way, I'll be retired at the end of 2023 or so.

Enjoy!

72, Nate

Walter - K5EST

Congratulations Paul,  savor the fun!!!!!

.........Walter . K5EST.........
Editor - Ozark QRP Banner
.............4sqrp.com............

Jeff Davis <stuckbit@...>

Congrats on your retirement!

73 de Jeff KE9V

On Jul 1, 2014 1:18 PM, "Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:
I retired yesterday at 4 pm and will leave home tomorrow for a week at Big Hill lake Cherryvale,Ks. I have my ATS, end fed wire tuner and crappie pole packed and will try to be on or around the watering holes.
Should be a blast the weather is supposed to cool off but this is Kansas so we will see.

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

------------------------------------
Posted by: Paul Smith <psmith61@...>
------------------------------------

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
OzarkCon is coming April 4-5, 2014 in Branson, MO

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    4sqrp-digest@...
    4sqrp-fullfeatured@...

rolandemiller@...

Congratulations on your retirement.

That's what I did.  Retired and headed to the lake.  It took me 2 years to come back.  Made a full recovery from the addiction of employment!!!

Roland
WY7RM