From: 4sqrp@... [mailto:4sqrp@...]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2014 10:02 AM
To: 4sqrp@...
Subject: [4sqrp] Big Brutus Outing Sept 13, 14

The Big Brutus weekend is coming up fast, it's Sept 12 and 13. The
campground electrical and water hookups and the camping fee is $15. $10
for tents with no hookups. I just made my reservation for Friday and
Saturday nights, leaving on Sunday.

Pse make your reservations soon, there are only 10 sites with hookups. .
Hunting season starts that weekend and we need to beat the hunters in
reserving the spots. Also if you're a fisherman, the flood strip mine
pits are excellent fishing, you'll probably limit out on big largemouths.

Should we do a mini hamfest like last year? Who all is planning to come?

-- 72 WAØITP I love this radio stuff. www.wa0itp.com wa0itp@...
www.4sqrp.com

Paul Smith

I will sure try to make it.i will see if i have any goodys to bring.
Paul

On Aug 18, 2014, at 10:02 AM, WA0ITP wa0itp@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

The Big Brutus weekend is coming up fast, it's Sept 12 and 13. The
campground electrical and water hookups and the camping fee is $15. $10
for tents with no hookups. I just made my reservation for Friday and
Saturday nights, leaving on Sunday.

Pse make your reservations soon, there are only 10 sites with hookups. .
Hunting season starts that weekend and we need to beat the hunters in
reserving the spots. Also if you're a fisherman, the flood strip mine
pits are excellent fishing, you'll probably limit out on big largemouths.

Should we do a mini hamfest like last year? Who all is planning to come?

-- 72 WAØITP I love this radio stuff. www.wa0itp.com wa0itp@...
www.4sqrp.com

Charlie Vest

It actually is on my list to try to make this year. I always have a long trip the week before the event, and it does take my old� body a few days to recover now, after any trip.

Can't count the number of times in my life that I have been past it,but have never been to it.

Really looking forward to meeting many of you in person and I am quite sure I could find a couple of things to set out to part with and hopefully not find any new replacements :)

Charlie, W5COV

On 8/18/2014 11:34 AM, Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp] wrote:
�

I will sure try to make it.i will see if i have any goodys to bring.

Paul�

On Aug 18, 2014, at 10:02 AM, WA0ITP wa0itp@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

The Big Brutus weekend is coming up fast, it's Sept 12 and 13. The�
campground electrical and water hookups and the camping fee is $15. $10�
for tents with no hookups. I just made my reservation for Friday and�
Saturday nights, leaving on Sunday.

Pse make your reservations soon, there are only 10 sites with hookups. .�
Hunting season starts that weekend and we need to beat the hunters in�
reserving the spots. Also if you're a fisherman, the flood strip mine�
pits are excellent fishing, you'll probably limit out on big largemouths.

Should we do a mini hamfest like last year? Who all is planning to come?

-- 72 WA�ITP I love this radio stuff.�www.wa0itp.com�wa0itp@...�

Jeremy Utley

Just a thought guys - but 2 years ago someone obtained a 1x1 Special Event call for the Brutus Bash - we did not do that last year - is there any interest at all in having one again this year?  I'd be willing to do the reservation if anyone's interested in doing it again this year!

WA6CML just called and made my reservation, so I'll be at spot #9 this year.  Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Jeremy, NQ0M
in Beautiful downtown Iola, KS

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 12:19 PM, 'Charlie , W5COV' cvest@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

Jeremy Utley

Last year, everyone pretty much used their own callsigns from what I remember.  Using the club call wouldn't be bad either - it was just something I thought about and wondered if anyone else had any interest!

Jeremy, NQ0M

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 12:59 PM, David Martin <cpp32990@...> wrote:

Did they not use the 4sqrp callsign "WQ5RP" ???

--
David Martin - K5DCM - Mountain Home Ar.

Quoting "Jeremy Utley jerutley@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...>:

[...]

Ga All
If I remember correctly it was K0B?
I am pretty sure Bart reserved it for the event.
When Brutus first began there wasn't a club call yet.
I think it would be fun to use the Club call since we have one now?
Any thoughts?
I better get to calling, sounds like its gonna be a sell out!
Hope to cu all there.

On Monday, August 18, 2014, Jeremy Utley jerutley@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

QRP....."more smiles per watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

WA0ITP

K0B was it.  I agree on using the club call.   Looking forward to it.  Great fun on the great plains of KS.

On 8/19/2014 12:23 PM, Johnny Matlock jomatlock@... [4sqrp] wrote:
[...]

Tom Sevart

On 08/19/2014 12:23, Johnny Matlock jomatlock@... [4sqrp] wrote:
Ga All

If I remember correctly it was K0B?
I am pretty sure Bart reserved it for the event.
When Brutus first began there wasn't a club call yet.
I think it would be fun to use the Club call since we have one now?
Any thoughts?
I think using WQ5RP is fine, because when we used K0B it seemed like so many people didn't understand the callsign.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Cecil Bayona <cbayona@...>

I'm seriously thinking about attending, is there
water and bathrooms near the camping sites?

At 10:02 AM 8/18/2014, you wrote:

The Big Brutus weekend is coming up fast, it's Sept 12 and 13. The
campground electrical and water hookups and the camping fee is $15. $10
for tents with no hookups. I just made my reservation for Friday and
Saturday nights, leaving on Sunday.

Pse make your reservations soon, there are only 10 sites with hookups. .
Hunting season starts that weekend and we need to beat the hunters in
reserving the spots. Also if you're a fisherman, the flood strip mine
pits are excellent fishing, you'll probably limit out on big largemouths.

Should we do a mini hamfest like last year? Who all is planning to come?

-- 72 WAØITP I love this radio stuff. www.wa0itp.com wa0itp@...
Cecil - k5nwa

Jeremy Utley

During the hours the visitor’s center is open, water and bathrooms are available from there.  After hours, they have some very primitive “pit” toilets available at the far end of the parking lot, not sure about water after hours, but I know myself I usually bring along a full case of bottled water, and usually have more than enough to share with others.  It’s a lot of fun, I’ve attended the last 2 years now.

Jeremy, NQ0M

--
Cecil - k5nwa

Tom Sevart

On 08/26/2014 00:07, 'Jeremy Utley' jerutley@... [4sqrp] wrote:
During the hours the visitor�s center is open, water and bathrooms are
available from there. After hours, they have some very primitive �pit�
toilets available at the far end of the parking lot, not sure about
water after hours, but I know myself I usually bring along a full case
of bottled water, and usually have more than enough to share with
others. It�s a lot of fun, I�ve attended the last 2 years now.
If you need water, I'd be happy to share from my campsite. And if you've reserved a tent camping spot, I don't think they'd have a problem with you using one of the water spigots.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS