Topics

4SQRP Member Map

davemrtn

Thanks to Ray Cadmus - W0PFO for his talents and hard work to produce a interactive map of 4SQRP member locations.

He used the FCC database for the lat/lon, so unfortunately those licensed outside the U.S. are not shown on the map at this time.

Use the "Member Map" button on the 4SQRP web site and give Ray an atta-boy for his spectacular efforts.

Also, the Operator List button was edited to read "Member List" now.

--
*David Martin - K5DCM ---o0o---
Mountain Home, Arkansas*

Definition: Voter Apathy - When a jerk wearing a robe can overturn the vote of the people, what's the point of voting ?

Jim Sheldon

One small problem with the map though, nice as it is, when there are two
members living at the same address, it only shows one of them. Case in
point, my wife (W0JMS) and I (W0EB). It only shows hers when you click
on the tag. Not sure how Ray will be able to eliminate that anomaly -
LOL.

Jim - W0EB

Russellville, AR

Ray Cadmus

I'm sorry about that.  I  also know that you are not alone :-(

I ask patience from all those that are not seeing what they expected.  We are working through the issues as they arise.  I expect that Dave is wondering why he ever agreed to this...

The problem is that the geocoder I used apparently wanted real street addresses.  Your records show only a PO Box.   When I get a chance I'll see if I can get some approximations based on
zip code but won't promise results until I can do some testing.  In any case,  it won't be totally accurate.

The note at the top of the page tries to warn you...  Of 800+ members I was able to resolve addresses on only a little over 700.

Regards,

ray    W0PFO

--

On 09/19/2014 09:04 PM, Tom Sevart tmsevart@... [4sqrp] wrote:

I seem to be missing from the map.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Ray Cadmus

You are there John - you just need to zoom in enough so you are not hidden behind another marker.

ray

--

On 09/19/2014 09:23 PM, John Serrette - K5ZU k5zu@... [4sqrp] wrote:

I seem to be missing also.

John - K5ZU

Russellville, AR

Herman Thole

Great job Ray.  Thanks a lot.
Tom Thole, wb0oxe Great Bend, Ks

marjannorm

PHOOEY!
You missed out the most important part of the map - lil' ol' me, here in Willunga, South Australia. Check out my bit of paradise on Google!
Norm vk5gi
Willunga, South Australia

Sent from my iPad

Walter - K5EST

WoW verrry nice!

Thanks Ray and Dave, this really gives 4SQRP the credit the group deserves for outstanding leadership in QRP!

73,

:.......Walter Dufrain - K5EST......:
KX-3..FT-817..OHR100..MFJ Cub
4SQRP. Navy ARC . SLQS . SKCC
Missouri Wing  /  MOCAP - 261

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

I don't think FCC licenses Amateur Station licenses to PO boxes. They want to know the physical location where the station (and the licensee) is (with allowances for mobile and portable operation). In my own case the street address AND the PO Box are given. The FCC also uses both addresses so they can mail me my new license every ten years AND my notices of violation <evil grin>. If you send mail to my street address it won't be delivered because USPS doesn't deliver the mail here - except to that box at the Post office. On the other hand when you come to lunch at my home you will need the street address :) The fact is that mail addressed to my home probably will be put in my PO Box because it's a small place and the Postmistress *knows* who everybody is and uses "common sense". However..she gets vacation and comp time off and the substitute may NOT know everybody.

Good job on the map!

73,

Bill KU8H