Topics

I think I worked the "Most Interesting Man in Amateur Radio"

Tom Sevart

Saturday at Twin Bridges after working a few stations in the NY QSO party, since it seemed everyone wanted to contest instead of ragchew, I went down to 30 meters to see if I could slow down a bit and just have a nice chat.  I called CQ a few times and was answered by W9FAM at about 40 WPM.  He slowed down to 30 WPM and asked if that was OK for me to copy, and I told him it was while I speeded up my keyer to 30.  We had a nice chat and at the end he told me to check out his QRZ.com page.  I did and holy heck this guy has done a lot in radio.

I can't seem to link directly to his page because of the way QRZ has things set up, but go there and search for W9FAM and you'll see what I mean.

Tom N2UHC

WA0ITP

WOW! and double Wow!  tnx Tom.

--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.

Sometime in the preceding months I heard him chatting on 20 or 40m SSB
(I don't recall which) where he was telling the other station some
rather interesting tales about Arafat et. al. He is fun to listen to.

72, Nate

Phil Anderson

WOW WOW.......you got that right......what an interesting life
this guy has! And QRQ ! wow.

Unc Phil

Monday, October 20, 2014 9:24 AM

WOW! and double Wow!  tnx Tom.

On 10/20/2014 9:11 AM, tmsevart@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Rich Fowler <k8meg@...>

Yes, Vern, W9FAM is an interesting ham! Lots of WOW! stuff.

I have about 350 QSLs to send to the bureau and a number to send direct at 2 green stamps, plus several U.S. Directs. I did QRZ look ups for probably 500 calls to determine whether to send to bureau, direct or via managers. In the process, I was constantly distrated by the "WOW Factor" of hams all over the world. Lot of interesting hams from all walks of life.

This is a great hobby!

Jay Bromley <jayw5jay@...>

Hi Tom,

On SSB he goes by W9Father And Mother.  Yep he has a big signal!

73 de w5jay/jay..

Saturday at Twin Bridges after working a few stations in the NY QSO party, since it seemed everyone wanted to contest instead of ragchew, I went down to 30 meters to see if I could slow down a bit and just have a nice chat.  I called CQ a few times and was answered by W9FAM at about 40 WPM.  He slowed down to 30 WPM and asked if that was OK for me to copy, and I told him it was while I speeded up my keyer to 30.  We had a nice chat and at the end he told me to check out his QRZ.com page.  I did and holy heck this guy has done a lot in radio.

I can't seem to link directly to his page because of the way QRZ has things set up, but go there and search for W9FAM and you'll see what I mean.

Tom N2UHC

davemrtn

I was hoping you had worked Tim Allen or Joe Walsh !!!

On 10/20/2014 12:09 PM, Rich Fowler k8meg@... [4sqrp] wrote:
�
Yes, Vern, W9FAM is an interesting ham! Lots of WOW! stuff.

I have about 350 QSLs to send to the bureau and a number to send direct at 2 green stamps, plus several U.S. Directs. I did QRZ look ups for probably 500 calls to determine whether to send to bureau, direct or via managers. In the process, I was constantly distrated by the "WOW Factor" of hams all over the world. Lot of interesting hams from all walks of life.

This is a great hobby!

--
David Martin - K5DCM ---o0o---
Mountain Home, Arkansas

Definition: Voter Apathy - When a jerk wearing a robe can overturn the vote of the people, what's the point of voting ?

�

Tom Sevart

On 10/20/2014 12:47, David Martin davemrtn@centurytel.net [4sqrp] wrote:
I was hoping you had worked Tim Allen or Joe Walsh !!!
Is Tim Allen a real ham or does he just play one on TV?

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Charlie Vest

Tim and several cast members did obtain a ham license, according to an article that I read and when his call was publicly released, I did look him up on QRZ. Don't remember the call however.

Charlie, W5COV

On 10/20/2014 6:05 PM, Tom Sevart tmsevart@gmail.com [4sqrp] wrote:
On 10/20/2014 12:47, David Martin davemrtn@centurytel.net [4sqrp] wrote:
I was hoping you had worked Tim Allen or Joe Walsh !!!
Is Tim Allen a real ham or does he just play one on TV?

---

Jim Lowman

He now has his own ham license:

http://qrznow.com/tim-allen-gets-ham-license-w5kub-com-video/