Topics

Twin Bridges

yahoomail@...

Well - I didn't work the most interesting Ham in the World, but Karen & I did have a fun time at Twin Bridges with Tom, N2UHC, and his crew.  It was nice to see the folks up in Seneca for lunch.  Then afterwards at Twin Bridges, Dave, W0CH, got in some picnic table operating time while the rest of those in attendance enjoyed the entertainment the Karen & I provided putting up the new tent.

Dave and son helped me string my G5RV Jr in the trees so I could go QRV with my KX3 @ 5 Watts.

Karen brought her SS40 RX/TX combo but we didn't give it a tryout as I didn't bring along an antenna tuner.

I made a few QSOs on 7,14, and 18 Mhz including some on SSB in the NY-QSO Party and one contact with a JOTA station.  The JOTA station was also portable @ 10 watts and we could only get one Webelos scout to the mic before we faded out.

Sunday morning we woke to find that a full blown CAR SHOW had invaded the park.  There were 202 show cars registered for the event, which we enjoyed strolling through.

We struck camp in early afternoon and made in home in time to see the 4th quarter of the Dallas Cowboys game.

72/3,

-Ed, WG5F-

Tom Sevart

We should have put the SS-40 on my inverted V.  It works well on 40 meters.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

yahoomail@...

Didn't think of that Tom!

I actually ordered a cheap ($14) Chinese tuner kit from eBay, but it probably wont get here for another month.

I figured that would be simple to carry with the SS40.

"We" should offer a simple tuner kit from 4SQRP.

I'll bet we couldn't keep the kits on the shelf.

72/3,

-Ed, WG5F-

Tom - NG3V

I would order a tuner kit in a heartbeat.

Meanwhile, can you supply any particulars on the eBAY tuner you ordered?

Tnx es 73,

Tom. Ng3v@...

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 20, 2014, at 12:11 PM, yahoomail@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Didn't think of that Tom!

I actually ordered a cheap ($14) Chinese tuner kit from eBay, but it probably wont get here for another month.

I figured that would be simple to carry with the SS40.

"We" should offer a simple tuner kit from 4SQRP.

I'll bet we couldn't keep the kits on the shelf.

72/3,

-Ed, WG5F-

Paul Smith

I have never had an antenna up that didn’t need a tuner hi. I am interested in a tuner. I would like to see 4SQRP do a tuner.
de N0NBD Paul

On Oct 21, 2014, at 10:29 AM, Tom Skinner tom.ng3v@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I would order a tuner kit in a heartbeat.

Meanwhile, can you supply any particulars on the eBAY tuner you ordered?

Tnx es 73,

Tom. Ng3v@...

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 20, 2014, at 12:11 PM, yahoomail@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Didn't think of that Tom!

I actually ordered a cheap ($14) Chinese tuner kit from eBay, but it probably wont get here for another month.

I figured that would be simple to carry with the SS40.

"We" should offer a simple tuner kit from 4SQRP.

I'll bet we couldn't keep the kits on the shelf.

72/3,

-Ed, WG5F-

David Wilcox

What about the Z Match tuner from the GQRP Club?  I built one and it seems to work well.  Matches my Sudden XCVR  and TX from same group.

Dave K8WPE

On Oct 21, 2014, at 11:29 AM, Tom Skinner tom.ng3v@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I would order a tuner kit in a heartbeat.

Meanwhile, can you supply any particulars on the eBAY tuner you ordered?

Tnx es 73,

Tom. Ng3v@...

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 20, 2014, at 12:11 PM, yahoomail@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Didn't think of that Tom!

I actually ordered a cheap ($14) Chinese tuner kit from eBay, but it probably wont get here for another month.

I figured that would be simple to carry with the SS40.

"We" should offer a simple tuner kit from 4SQRP.

I'll bet we couldn't keep the kits on the shelf.

72/3,

-Ed, WG5F-

yahoomail@...

Tom;
The eBay tuner arrived yesterday - much sooner than I expected.
Here's the auction I closed on:
New 1 - 30 Mhz QRP Manual Days Antenna Tuner Tune DIY Kit For Ham Radio

It's a VERY cryptic purchase, but if all the parts are there, it's probably worth it.

If we do a 4SQRP tuner, it will be really cool, too.

I've bought a few of these Chinese parts and sub-assemblies from several sources and thus far all have arrived in good shape in a reasonable timer frame.

72,

-Ed, WG5F-