Topics

SS Spint

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge guys
I fired up at 7:00 on 40M at 7.123, called CQ
several times no takers.
Jumped up up to 3.564 no joy there either.
Took a short supper break and a lightning storm is headed our way!
Good luck on the sprint, I pulled the plugs.

QRP....."more smiles per watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

WA0ITP

I've been tuning around off and on since 7, but few Four State signals to be found. 40M seems to be long tonight. Bummer.

I did work K7WNS and K5TEB but didnt hear anyone else. It seemed vy strange to hear static on 80M. Looks like a line of boomers from mid Texas to Central Nebraska headed East and North East. Think I'll unhook before hitting the sack.

Hope ya'll had better luck, and thanks for Gary and Terry for being there tonight.

--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.

dekle@...

I've been surrounded by lightning since about 6 p.m. so I let my antenna down.
Bad luck this month (no QSOs) but there's always next month.

73
Bill
KV6Z

Wendell Morrill

Nothing heard up here in Montana, either.
Wendell
N7WM

Ge guys
I fired up at 7:00 on 40M at 7.123, called CQ
several times no takers.
Jumped up up to 3.564 no joy there either.
Took a short supper break and a lightning storm is headed our way!
Good luck on the sprint, I pulled the plugs.

QRP....."more smiles per watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ ..

Gary KF7WNS

Good Evening All,

Never know what you're going to get.  Tonight 40 was as quiet as I've heard in a long time.  No QRN,  just occasional static crashes (your thunderboomers).  I worked K5TEB - WA0ITP - WB6HVH - and a non-member QRP in CT on 20M (he was 579/4W, hope he joins 4sQRP).  Anyhow easiest night for hearing you guys in the mid-west and you couldn't be on cuz of lightning...Life is like a box of chocolates.

God Bless and see you all next month.

72, Gary/KF7WNS

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 1:52 AM, Johnny Matlock jomatlock@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Ge guys

I fired up at 7:00 on 40M at 7.123, called CQ
several times no takers.
Jumped up up to 3.564 no joy there either.
Took a short supper break and a lightning storm is headed our way!
Good luck on the sprint, I pulled the plugs.

QRP....."more smiles per watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

Paul Smith

We have had BIG THUNDER BOOMERS and torrential rain here this evening
de Paul N0NBD