CW help

bobby rolph

Would anyone in the group like to help me with some CW practice? I would like to get good enough to work in the SS sprint someday. I am located in Ky. so the closer the better I would think.

Thanks es 72/3
kb4qnr

Bobby

WA0ITP

Hi Bobby,

You're plenty good enough to work the sprint, in a way it's just like the nets.   We hang out near the net freqs  and call CQ 4S.  When you pick out the call, just send your call, and we'll come back to you at your speed.  One god way to get more practice is to to call CQ on or near the net freq someone is usually there.

I'll look for you Sunday night, jump in the water's fine.

--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.

bobby rolph

Sounds good. Thanks so much for the confidence  !

72/3

Bobby

dekle@...

Hi Bobby,

If you want to email me and set up a practice QSO, I'd be willing to do that if we can find a time that suits us both. Actually, I just checked my log and we had a QSO once and I don't recall any CW issues?

As far as the SS Sprint is concerned, you don't have to be a code whiz. All the 4S members that I know would be more than willing to slow down as much as necessary to make the contact. After all, it's in the interest of everyone concerned to make the exchange. Why don't you try it this Sunday? What do you have to lose? All you have to send is your call, the other stations RST, your state, and your member number. We would love to have you participate in the SSS (and I know Terry needs the points. HI. HI.)

Also, Phil, W0XI, has a 'Code Circle Blog' that may be of some help.

See you Sunday at 7 p.m.

73
Bill
KV6Z

---In 4sqrp@..., <rolph981@...> wrote :

Would anyone in the group like to help me with some CW practice? I would like to get good enough to work in the SS sprint someday. I am located in Ky. so the closer the better I would think.

Thanks es 72/3
kb4qnr

Bobby

Phil Anderson

Bobby,

We are not close enough, but look over my blogs. There might be some tidbits there that you can use to advance your code. Use your browser on your PC and search for .

Also look at some of the help files on the 4SQRP webpage. I've got some ramblings there on the code.

The best thing to do  - IMHO - is to set your speed at 15 wpm or greater --- don't go down in speed. Listen to common abbreviations such at QTH or TNX etc. If you concentrate on the top twenty of those, you'll start hearing enough of a short QSO to get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Good luck.

Uncle Phil, w0xi
4sqrp member.

rolph981@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Would anyone in the group like to help me with some CW practice? I
would like to get good enough to work in the SS sprint someday. I am
located in Ky. so the closer the better I would think.

Thanks es 72/3
kb4qnr

Bobby

WA0ITP

Hee, right you are Bill.

---In 4sqrp@..., wrote :

Would anyone in the group like to help me with some CW practice? I would like to get good enough to work in the SS sprint someday. I am located in Ky. so the closer the better I would think.

Thanks es 72/3
kb4qnr

Bobby

--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
wa0itp@...

Dale Putnam

HI Bobby,
   If you need practice, and can't seem to find any way to do that.. you might try listening/checking into the numberous
cw practice nets 4SQRP has..  and you might try the RMRc net on 14.0625 at 2300z on Tues and Thurs.
  Another way to improve your speed, is to jump right into as many contests as you can... with the expectation to make...
a set number of contacts... not a high score.. or make x number of contacts but to just have fun, and see how many folks will work you. Yes.. you may be slower than they are.. but they.. want your contact to help their score... especially later in the contest, rather than at the start.
  Another option, would be to get a cw reader on your puter... plug it into your radio... so you can HEAR the cw.. and SEE the
letters... use this.. to monitor cw conversations, nets, ARRL practices... if you can SEE and HEAR.. soon it will be hear and understand.
  Let's have fun with this.. and .. learn too.
Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

To: 4sqrp@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 14:49:19 -0800
Subject: [4sqrp] CW help

Would anyone in the group like to help me with some CW practice? I would like to get good enough to work in the SS sprint someday. I am located in Ky. so the closer the better I would think.

Thanks es 72/3
kb4qnr

Bobby

Forrest Plumstead

Hi Bobby

I have been on cw less then two months and have already participated in 2 events. If a station is way out of your comfort zone use QRS and the speed you are comfortable with. If they're just outside your comfort zone just send QRS. These sprints are informal and are geared for beginner and veteran alike. Everyone should try to. Hope to see you in my log book Sunday.

73
Forrest WB5HQO
SKCC 6855

Darryl J Kelly

Bobby,
I'm in northeast Arkansas and would be glad to set up a sked, you pick frequency and time. I will be out of town a couple days later next week but will be back.
Darryl, KK5IB
kk5ib01@...
870 761 1891

John Lonigro

Bobby:
By all means, please try to participate in the sprints.  That's how your code speed gets better.  Nobody is going to grade your attempts (except me).  And I'm only interested in how many QSOs you make, not how fast or sloppy your fist is.

On a related note, once Samual F.B. Morse invented the code, who did he send it to???  Nobody would have understood it!

72,

John AA0VE

On 03/06/2015 06:37 PM, Forrest Plumstead fplum1@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Hi Bobby

I have been on cw less then two months and have already participated in 2 events. If a station is way out of your comfort zone use QRS and the speed you are comfortable with. If they're just outside your comfort zone just send QRS. These sprints are informal and are geared for beginner and veteran alike. Everyone should try to. Hope to see you in my log book Sunday.

73
Forrest WB5HQO
SKCC 6855
���

* On 2015 06 Mar 17:11 -0600, rolph981@gmail.com [4sqrp] wrote:
Would anyone in the group like to help me with some CW practice? I
would like to get good enough to work in the SS sprint someday. I am
located in Ky. so the closer the better I would think.
You may take a look at http://lcwo.net if you have not already. There
are all manner of ways to practice using the site.

72, Nate

Ge Bobby
Most of us would be more than glad to try a sched with you.
That's what the Fists group calls a code buddy.
I will be happy to give it a shot.
Warning, you have to be able to copy my rusty fists as well!!!

On Friday, March 6, 2015, rolph981@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Would anyone in the group like to help me with some CW practice? I would like to get good enough to work in the SS sprint someday. I am located in Ky. so the closer the better I would think.

Thanks es 72/3
kb4qnr

Bobby

--
QRP....."more smiles per watt"
72

bobby rolph

Thanks to everyone for all of the great advice. I hope to be in the Sprint tomorrow night.
73

Bobby

Sent from my iPad