heathkit hm9

james davidson

any one out there with one of these watt meters   .when i pull the swr set knob out  do i set it on the 5watt indacater  or the swr number 3 mark as you can guess no manual  but the hw9 really sings   joy joy   thanks   jim kc0dd  num. 187

Don Wilhelm <w3fpr@...>

I don't know about that specific model, but with all the SWR meters I know about, one would set the "Sensitivity" control to maximum meter deflection, the switch to REV power and read the SWR.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 4/7/2015 9:32 PM, davidson jimni@... [4sqrp] wrote:

any one out there with one of these watt meters   .when i pull the swr set knob out  do i set it on the 5watt indacater  or the swr number 3 mark as you can guess no manual  but the hw9 really sings   joy joy   thanks   jim kc0dd  num. 187

John C. Demuth - K8CQA

I don't have the full manual, but can direct you to a schematic:

This website has an amazing amount of Heathkit manuals available for downloading; occasionally (such as the HM-9) they have only the schematic - but if you are repairing older equipment, even the schematic can be a help.

Heathkit Schematic and Manual Archive | Vintage Radio Info

You might want to save this site for future use; I thought I'd post it for all to see, as others might also find it useful.

72/73 de John - K8CQA    #278

n9gtm@...

Here's a nice pile of old Heathkit manuals:
http://www.ko4bb.com/manuals/index.php?dir=Heathkit

HM-9 manual, 46 pages, 7.2MB:
http://www.ko4bb.com/manuals/download.php?file=Heathkit/HM9_manual.pdf

73, Jim n9gtm

james davidson

thanks to one and all  really helped got manual printed  already. JIM  kc0dd