Topics

BATT

Jeremy Utley

I'll speak for Jim's batteries.  I've got 4 I picked from him (or his buddy he brought along to Ozarkcon 2013, can't remember which) that are still going strong for me.  The ones I have are 12V 17Ah batteries, and I charge them from my Astron PS with one of the KI0BK PwrGates - which also provides instant switchover if AC Mains go out.

Jeremy, NQ0M

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 3:45 PM, Michael McEwen mcewenk5osa@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

This sounds like a really neat battery.  The capacity is certainly in my range?  What is the voltage?

72,
Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886

Michael T McEwen
Lt Col, US Army, Ret

Cellular Phone:  580 919-9205
Residence:  580 529-3412

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 2:05 PM, 'Jim Sheldon' w0eb@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Hi Mike,
I have several cases (8 batteries to the case - Medical portable X-Ray pullouts normally about a year old and all tested good) including one case where all 8 batteries are essentially still new.  They are 9 amp hour medical grade, un-spillable, and can be charged and/or operated in any position.  They are not very large and weigh about 4 lbs each.  I sell them for $10 each or 2/$15, but UPS shipping would be prohibitive (can't be shipped US Postal Service).  If you can find someone to "mule" them down to your area, let me know, arrangements could be made.  I run one of these on my KX3 and can get a couple days normal operation out of it if I don't transmit RTTY or PSK and stick to CW at 5 watts.  I ran one down running 10 watts out on and it gave me almost a whole day before the KX3 decided the voltage was low enough and dropped to 5 watts.

Jim Sheldon, W0EB
Park City, KS  (Just North of Wichita).