Topics

Certificate?

Michael McEwen

A prospective member asked me about a member certificate.  I don't think we have one, do we?  If you all would like, I'll design one for you all to review and comment.  I know many amateurs love to display certificates and awards, and it is free public relations for us whenever someone visits the shack or if a picture is published.
72,
Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886

Michael T McEwen
Lt Col, US Army, Ret

Cellular Phone:  580 919-9205
Residence:  580 529-3412

Dale Putnam

I think Mal needs a cert.
and like Doc says... free advertising.. a no cost option.
make it a downloadable one.. with each member inserting his own info, then
download it for his own use.

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

To: 4sqrp@...
CC: wa0itp@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:31:56 -0500
Subject: [4sqrp] Certificate?

A prospective member asked me about a member certificate.  I don't think we have one, do we?  If you all would like, I'll design one for you all to review and comment.  I know many amateurs love to display certificates and awards, and it is free public relations for us whenever someone visits the shack or if a picture is published.
72,
Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886

Michael T McEwen
Lt Col, US Army, Ret

Cellular Phone:  580 919-9205
Residence:  580 529-3412

Don Wilhelm <w3fpr@...>

How do I find my number?� I signed up for this yahoo group - does that make me a member?� I do not recall any email response that told me what my membership number is.
Do I have to do anything other than signing up for the yahoo group to get a number?

Certainly, a certificate would be good wallpaper for the hamshack.

73,
Don W3FPR

�

To: 4sqrp@...
CC: wa0itp@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:31:56 -0500

�

A prospective member asked me about a member certificate.� I don't think we have one, do we?� If you all would like, I'll design one for you all to review and comment.� I know many amateurs love to display certificates and awards, and it is free public relations for us whenever someone visits the shack or if a picture is published.
72,
Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL��
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886

Michael T McEwen
Lt Col, US Army, Ret

Cellular Phone:� 580 919-9205
Residence:� 580 529-3412

Johnny AC0BQ

Great idea guys!
A downloadable custom Certificate!
Who wants to design it?!
I know the web master, I bet we could get him to set us up s link?
Johnny
AC0BQ

To: 4sqrp@...
CC: wa0itp@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:31:56 -0500

--
QRP....."more smiles per watt"
72

Charles W. Powell

Don - You’re number 802. http://www.4sqrp.com/w25.php to look up your call and number.

72,

Chas NK8O

To: 4sqrp@...
CC: wa0itp@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:31:56 -0500

A prospective member asked me about a member certificate.  I don't think we have one, do we?  If you all would like, I'll design one for you all to review and comment.  I know many amateurs love to display certificates and awards, and it is free public relations for us whenever someone visits the shack or if a picture is published.
72,
Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886

Michael T McEwen
Lt Col, US Army, Ret

Cellular Phone:  580 919-9205
Residence:  580 529-3412

kb4qqj

Don et All,
Dick, K2RFP has written a neat little program that will give you the member number of several different clubs.
http://www.cwfun.org/zip/ and look for 5-lookups-setup.zip. Several other usable programs there as well and all freeware!!

Randy_KB4QQJ

To: 4sqrp@...
CC: wa0itp@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:31:56 -0500

A prospective member asked me about a member certificate.  I don't think we have one, do we?  If you all would like, I'll design one for you all to review and comment.  I know many amateurs love to display certificates and awards, and it is free public relations for us whenever someone visits the shack or if a picture is published.
72,
Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886

Michael T McEwen
Lt Col, US Army, Ret

Cellular Phone:  580 919-9205
Residence:  580 529-3412

Joshua Gould, K8WXA <jg.k8wxa@...>

I would love a certificate to hang on the wall next to my OMISS and NAQCC membership certificates. I'm #990 according to what I found on the website.

72,
Joshua Gould
K8WXA
EM89pn

KX3# 7480
NAQCC # 7704

This message was sent from an iPhone. Please excuse any typos and the brevity of responses

To: 4sqrp@...
CC: wa0itp@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:31:56 -0500

A prospective member asked me about a member certificate.  I don't think we have one, do we?  If you all would like, I'll design one for you all to review and comment.  I know many amateurs love to display certificates and awards, and it is free public relations for us whenever someone visits the shack or if a picture is published.
72,
Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886

Michael T McEwen
Lt Col, US Army, Ret

Cellular Phone:  580 919-9205
Residence:  580 529-3412

Don Wilhelm <w3fpr@...>

OK on the number.

I would like to contact any members whose call ends in either DLB or FPR.� I held W8DLB until I moved to Maryland and at that time I had to change my call to the "3" area, and I received W3FPR.� I have since moved to NC which is "4" land but did not change my call - I am still W3FPR.

73,
Don W3FPR

�

To: 4sqrp@...
CC: wa0itp@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:31:56 -0500

�

A prospective member asked me about a member certificate.� I don't think we have one, do we?� If you all would like, I'll design one for you all to review and comment.� I know many amateurs love to display certificates and awards, and it is free public relations for us whenever someone visits the shack or if a picture is published.
72,
Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL��
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886

Michael T McEwen
Lt Col, US Army, Ret

Cellular Phone:� 580 919-9205
Residence:� 580 529-3412

Forrest Plumstead

Randy I'm the one who talked Dick into including 4 State in the data base however due to the limited info in the database on the website it only lists Call sign and Member Number.

As for a certificate I have one from SKCC and NAQCC I would love to add 4SQRP to the collection.

73
Forrest WB5HQO
SKCC 6855
NAQCC 3678
4SQRP 857

Peter <petertheannex@...>

On 08/05/2015 21:31, Michael McEwen mcewenk5osa@... [4sqrp] wrote:

xcellent idea Doc, I'd certainly like one.
Peter G3JRH
A prospective member asked me about a member certificate.  I don't think we have one, do we?  If you all would like, I'll design one for you all to review and comment.  I know many amateurs love to display certificates and awards, and it is free public relations for us whenever someone visits the shack or if a picture is published.
72,
Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886

Michael T McEwen
Lt Col, US Army, Ret

Cellular Phone:  580 919-9205
Residence:  580 529-3412

Dale Putnam

Doc volunteered to design it.
We're on the way!!

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:31:56 -0500

A prospective member asked me about a member certificate.  I don't think we have one, do we?  If you all would like, I'll design one for you all to review and comment.  I know many amateurs love to display certificates and awards, and it is free public relations for us whenever someone visits the shack or if a picture is published.
72,
Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886

Michael T McEwen
Lt Col, US Army, Ret

Cellular Phone:  580 919-9205
Residence:  580 529-3412

--
QRP....."more smiles per watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

Michael McEwen

When I hear from WA0ITP and other Directors that this is a good idea, we can start looking at option for distribution.  I did the cert in MS Word for maximum flexibility rather than a graphics format that many might not be able to use.

I guess the easiest way to dictribute would be a download from our Web site.

I would like to include the Prez's signature and I should have no problem inserting a scanned image or other format.

It's nice to be able to contribute something to the Group.

From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:31:56 -0500

A prospective member asked me about a member certificate.  I don't think we have one, do we?  If you all would like, I'll design one for you all to review and comment.  I know many amateurs love to display certificates and awards, and it is free public relations for us whenever someone visits the shack or if a picture is published.
72,
Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886

Michael T McEwen
Lt Col, US Army, Ret

Cellular Phone:  580 919-9205
Residence:  580 529-3412

--
QRP....."more smiles per watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

davemrtn

I don't know about anybody else, but I would NOT want my signature 'downloadable' on the internet.  That would be a foolish and naive  thing to do.

From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:31:56 -0500

A prospective member asked me about a member certificate.  I don't think we have one, do we?  If you all would like, I'll design one for you all to review and comment.  I know many amateurs love to display certificates and awards, and it is free public relations for us whenever someone visits the shack or if a picture is published.
72,
Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886

Michael T McEwen
Lt Col, US Army, Ret

Cellular Phone:  580 919-9205
Residence:  580 529-3412

--
QRP....."more smiles per watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

--
David Martin - K5DCM
Mountain Home, Ar.

Dale Putnam

It would make sense to me, if Terry agrees, to have his signature applied to the cert. prior to it being
uploaded to the server where it will reside awaiting for folks to input their own data, so they can then download
their own membership cert, from a secure server.
  But to have one's signature available willy nilly on line... would be a very serious concern.

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

To: 4sqrp@...; mcewenk5osa@...

From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:31:56 -0500

[...]

John Lonigro

Personally, I agree with David.  Using a script font, rather than a signature, would make the certificate look just as good, maybe better, with no worries about anyone using it for nefarious purposes.  After all, the certificate isn't a legal document.

72,

John, AA0VE

P.S. Don't forget the SSS tomorrow night!

To: 4sqrp@...; mcewenk5osa@...

From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:31:56 -0500

[...]

Wayne Dillon

As membership person do you want my signature? I can do one you can actually read, just for the certificate?
Blessings
Wayne - KC0PMH

To: 4sqrp@...; mcewenk5osa@...

From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:31:56 -0500

[...]

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

Membership Chairman - 4SQRP Group
4SQRP #95
FISTS 17184
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155T
CW Ragchewers Anonymous #40
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686

Don Wilhelm <w3fpr@...>

I would also agree that having Terry's signature even as an image embedded in a downloadable document would be a risk to Terry.  The thought is innocent enough, but concerns about identity theft must prevail.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 5/9/2015 7:20 PM, 'John R. Lonigro' jonigro@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Personally, I agree with David.  Using a script font, rather than a signature, would make the certificate look just as good, maybe better, with no worries about anyone using it for nefarious purposes.  After all, the certificate isn't a legal document.

72,

John, AA0VE

P.S. Don't forget the SSS tomorrow night!

On 05/09/2015 04:47 PM, Dale Putnam daleputnam@... [4sqrp] wrote:

It would make sense to me, if Terry agrees, to have his signature applied to the cert. prior to it being
uploaded to the server where it will reside awaiting for folks to input their own data, so they can then download
their own membership cert, from a secure server.
  But to have one's signature available willy nilly on line... would be a very serious concern.

Don Wilhelm <w3fpr@...>

Wayne,

I would not want to see anyone exposed to a downloadable signature.
If the certificates are to be sent via mail instead of being downloaded, then a signature image would be OK.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 5/9/2015 7:27 PM, Wayne Dillon wayne.dillon@... [4sqrp] wrote:

As membership person do you want my signature? I can do one you can actually read, just for the certificate?
Blessings
Wayne - KC0PMH

On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 4:47 PM, Dale Putnam daleputnam@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

It would make sense to me, if Terry agrees, to have his signature applied to the cert. prior to it being
uploaded to the server where it will reside awaiting for folks to input their own data, so they can then download
their own membership cert, from a secure server.
  But to have one's signature available willy nilly on line... would be a very serious concern.

Wayne Dillon

Roger that.
Wayne - KC0PMH

On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 6:35 PM, Don Wilhelm w3fpr@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

WA0ITP

As Membership Chairman, Wayne's name should be the main name on the cert .  He is issuing the cert, whether is downloadable or sent as a pdf.  I agree that one's signature shouldn't be on the cert.

This is a FB project guys, keep the ideas flowing Maybe some additional designs for the BOD to  to choose from.
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
www.wa0itp.com
wa0itp@...

[...]