Certificate stuff

Ray Cadmus

I played a bit with pdf forms and didn't like the result. Could not find a good way to vary font and color in the entry area.

Took a different approach - used a form to collect the data - then stuffed that data into a standard page that I could control a bit better. This approach could probably work for whatever cert is selected.

Anyway - try it...

http://108.243.157.56/4state/makecert.html

This is on my home test server.

Let me know what you think and how I can help.

Regards,

ray W0PFO

WA0ITP

Fb Ray, it woiked!

Are you able to import a pdf into Acrobat and use your input form?  Or would you have to create the cert in Acrobat first?  Jon is taking a look at it too.  I'd bet that between you it will be a user friendly success.

Maybe webmaster Dave M has some thoughts too.
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
www.wa0itp.com
wa0itp@...
On 5/22/2015 3:49 PM, Ray Cadmus rcadmus@... [4sqrp] wrote:

I played a bit with pdf forms and didn't like the result.  Could not
find a good way to vary font and color in the entry area.

Took a different approach - used a form to collect the data - then
stuffed that data into a standard page that I could control a bit
better.  This approach could probably work for whatever cert is selected.

Anyway - try it...

http://108.243.157.56/4state/makecert.html

This is on my home test server.

Let me know what you think and how I can help.

Regards,

ray    W0PFO

------------------------------------
Posted by: Ray Cadmus
------------------------------------

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
Plan to attend OzarkCon on - April 1-2, 2016

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    4sqrp-digest@...
    4sqrp-fullfeatured@...

-----
No virus found in this message.

David Wilcox K8WPE

Gee but that was easy.

Dave K8WPE
Member #119

On May 22, 2015, at 4:49 PM, Ray Cadmus rcadmus@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I played a bit with pdf forms and didn't like the result. Could not
find a good way to vary font and color in the entry area.

Took a different approach - used a form to collect the data - then
stuffed that data into a standard page that I could control a bit
better. This approach could probably work for whatever cert is selected.

Anyway - try it...

http://108.243.157.56/4state/makecert.html

This is on my home test server.

Let me know what you think and how I can help.

Regards,

ray W0PFO

Dale Putnam

Yep.. worked great..
I think it would be a "balanced look" to it ..
if another signature were to be on the left side,
... like Terry's... or  ??

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

To: 4sqrp@...; rcadmus@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 15:57:58 -0500
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Certificate stuff

[...]

Great Job Ray!!!
Exactly what I was thinkin of.

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

To: 4sqrp@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 15:49:24 -0500
Subject: [4sqrp] Certificate stuff

I played a bit with pdf forms and didn't like the result. Could not
find a good way to vary font and color in the entry area.

Took a different approach - used a form to collect the data - then
stuffed that data into a standard page that I could control a bit
better. This approach could probably work for whatever cert is selected.

Anyway - try it...

http://108.243.157.56/4state/makecert.html

This is on my home test server.

Let me know what you think and how I can help.

Regards,

ray W0PFO

Jack Mcduffie

I got mine! Thank you Ray!! 72/73,jack w8gpf,4sqrp#408..

To: "4sqrp@yahoogroups.com" <4sqrp@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, May 22, 2015, 7:25 PM

Great Job Ray!!!
Exactly what I was thinkin of.

Have a great day,

--... ...--
Dale - WC7S in Wy

To:
4sqrp@yahoogroups.com
From: 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 15:49:24 -0500

I played a bit with pdf forms and didn't like the
result. Could not

find a good way to vary font and color in the entry area.

Took a different approach - used a form to collect the data
- then

stuffed that data into a standard page that I could control
a bit

better. This approach could probably work for whatever cert
is selected.

Anyway - try it...

http://108.243.157.56/4state/makecert.html

This is on my home test server.

Let me know what you think and how I can help.

Regards,

ray W0PFO

Ray Cadmus

Hey folks - please note.  That certificate posting here was by mistake.  That one was just a sample, a work in process,  intended as proof of concept to Terry.  I didn't mean for it to go to the group.  The actual certificate has yet to be chosen by the directors.

On the other hand - maybe like the minting of a flawed coin it will turn out to be a collector's item :-)

Regards,

ray    W0PFO

--

To: "4sqrp@..." <4sqrp@...>
Date: Friday, May 22, 2015, 7:25 PM

To:
4sqrp@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 15:49:24 -0500

I played a bit with pdf forms and didn't like the
result. Could not

find a good way to vary font and color in the entry area.

Took a different approach - used a form to collect the data
- then

stuffed that data into a standard page that I could control
a bit

better. This approach could probably work for whatever cert
is selected.

Anyway - try it...

http://108.243.157.56/4state/makecert.html

This is on my home test server.

Let me know what you think and how I can help.

Regards,

ray W0PFO

Johnny AC0BQ

Gm Ray
For those of us that are "graphic" challenged do we save the information in a word type doc and then add a border to fact it up?
Would it be better to just print the info on a pre made certificate from one of the office supply stores??
Thanks for your efforts, the form designer works super!

On Friday, May 22, 2015, Ray Cadmus rcadmus@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I played a bit with pdf forms and didn't like the result. Could not
find a good way to vary font and color in the entry area.

Took a different approach - used a form to collect the data - then
stuffed that data into a standard page that I could control a bit
better. This approach could probably work for whatever cert is selected.

Anyway - try it...

http://108.243.157.56/4state/makecert.html

This is on my home test server.

Let me know what you think and how I can help.

Regards,

ray W0PFO

--
QRP....."more smiles per watt"