anti-static mat

Sam Binkley <zut1369@...>

Greetings,

I recently purchased a Desco anti-static mat in anticipation of doing some work inside my K3. It appears to be of excellent quality and is on the list suggested by Elecraft for ESD protection. My question for the group:  would there be any harm in cutting the mat?  It is about twice as large as my available work space and I would like to cut it in half.  Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Sam, AL7V
Juneau, AK
4SQRP #472

Tim N9PUZ

With the mats I'm familiar with the only downside to cutting it is the piece you remove may not have a snap to attach the ground connection. That's a minor detail and you may not even care about the extra piece.

Tim N9PUZ

On 5/26/2015 8:09 AM, Sam Binkley zut1369@yahoo.com [4sqrp] wrote:
Greetings,

I recently purchased a Desco anti-static mat in anticipation of doing
some work inside my K3. It appears to be of excellent quality and is on
the list suggested by Elecraft for ESD protection. My question for the
group: would there be any harm in cutting the mat? It is about twice
as large as my available work space and I would like to cut it in half.
Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Sam, AL7V
Juneau, AK
4SQRP #472

Wayne Dillon

Sam,
No harm at all, We use Desco matting at work and I'm constantly "trimming them to size when we replace them. Try and organize it so that you keep the press-stud on the piece you want to use.
Blessings
Wayne - KC0PMH

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

Membership Chairman - 4SQRP Group
4SQRP #95
FISTS 17184
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155T
CW Ragchewers Anonymous #40
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686

Sam Binkley <zut1369@...>

I replied before I saw  Wayne's post which is specific to the brand of mat I have . (Yahoo has a way of hiding emails)  So I will trim it to fit my work space. Thanks again.

Sam, AL7V