re anti-static mat

Sam Binkley <zut1369@...>

Thanks for the info about cutting the mat.  Based on Dale's comment, I'm thinking maybe I should not cut it. I'll see if I can fold it or make it fit the work space somehow..

Tim, as for the snap location, with this one the snap is not installed so I can punch a hole in the mat and mount it in a convenient spot after I figure out exactly where I am going to put the mat.

73,

Sam, AL7V

Dale Putnam

Wayne has experience with that exact mat.. so you're good to go.. as you already figured out..
Good Luck with the fix... and touch the ground with one hand often too...

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

To: 4sqrp@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 21:17:45 +0000
Subject: [4sqrp] re anti-static mat

Thanks for the info about cutting the mat.  Based on Dale's comment, I'm thinking maybe I should not cut it. I'll see if I can fold it or make it fit the work space somehow..

Tim, as for the snap location, with this one the snap is not installed so I can punch a hole in the mat and mount it in a convenient spot after I figure out exactly where I am going to put the mat.

73,

Sam, AL7V

hubbardjw <hubbardjw@...>

Us a static strap to be safe. Ground the mat and static strap to the station ground. (I assume the station ground meets good engineering practice.)

--
Jerry Hubbard
hubbardjw@...

�