Wednesday Night 40m Net

dekle@...

Well that was downright brutal! (But still fun.)
I think I heard every lightning crash in the U.S from 7:30 to 8 p.m.
The persistence award goes to Ken WA8REI.
He repeated his call enough for me to get it - one letter at a time.
Thanks Ken

Here's the full list:

WA9PWP     Paul       Stoughton, WI
N5AF           Sam       Cleveland, TX
NK8O           Chas      Louisburg, KS
N2QFD         Mal        Elmira, NY
AC0BQ        Johnny    Lebo, KS
WA8REI       Ken        Freeland, MI
KV6Z           Bill          Claremore, OK (NCS)

There may have been another one (or maybe it was just my ears ringing from the static).
I'm sorry if I missed someone. Let me know if I made any errors.

Thanks everybody,
73
Bill
KV6Z

Malachi Doane

Thanks for enduring Bill, I know what you mean about the QRN.

I I copied a KD0WF trying to get in the net. His signal came up at the end for me to a 449.

Do you want relays when this happens ?(assuming you'd still hear me)

Thanks again and bst 73,

Mal -N2QFD

Jim Linsenbardt

Yes, that was me. I tried a few times but, I guess because of the noise, Bill could not catch my call.

Jim
KD0WF

dekle <dekle@...>

Hi Mal,

It was nice to work you in the net.

YES!  I do want relays.
At the end of every net I always call for "Any QSP?" but I didn't hear anything last night.
Thank you, that would be a big help on nights like last night and it might make the difference for a station or two that are trying to QNI.

73
Bill
KV6Z

Thanks for enduring Bill, I know what you mean about the QRN.

I I copied a KD0WF trying to get in the net. His signal came up at the end for me to a 449.

Do you want relays when this happens ?(assuming you'd still hear me)

Thanks again and bst 73,

Mal -N2QFD

Malachi Doane

You got it Bill,

 I thought you had called for relays but it was a uniquely loud QRN here. Like 4th of July firecrackers with the pop's.

 I tried you just post sign off but I'm afraid that conditions were just not up to it.

 Will try HARDER! next time.

  bst 73

 Mal //N2QFD