Big Brutus Bash, Sep 11, 12, 13

WA0ITP

Joe, W0MQY, just checked with his Big Brutus board member contact, and the weekend for our Brutus bash is wide open. They are welcoming us back us again this year.

So The Big Brutus Bash will take place September 11th, 12th and 13th. (Fri, Sat, Sunday).  We each need to make our own reservations by calling  the desk at 620-827-6177  Betty is answering the phone today and took my reservation.  Camping fees are dirt cheap, $15/nite for RVs and travel trailers, and $10/nite for tents.

Here's some additional info, more later.
http://www.mapquest.com/us/ks/west-mineral
Can use the Pittsburg 2M FM repeater 146.94, -600,  tone 91.5
Cellphone coverage
Shade if needed
Perfect weather
Day visitors welcome
10 camping spots with electricityand water
Lots  and lots of space for tents.
Interesting museum and open tours of Brutus
Wide open spaces for antennas and poles.
Near Pittsburg, KS for motels, restaurants, and shopping
Directions from Pittsburg:
    South on US 60 for 3 miles
    Right on US 400 for 7 miles
    Left on KS-7 for 4 miles
    Right on KS-102 aka Scammon Rd for 5 miles
    On the West side of West Mineral turn left on NW 60 St for 1/4 mile
    As you approach West Mineral look South, you'll see it.
    Here's a map http://www.bigbrutus.org/map.html
    Bring your favorite portable setup, or use one of ours.

Please make your reservations as early as possible to insure a space. Even if you don't have time to stay over night, pse feel free to come and spend a day playing radio in the great outdoors of Southeast  Kansas.

Make your reservations asap at  620-827-6177   CU There
--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.

Paul Smith

Have made reservations and we will be there.

de Paul N0NBD

On May 28, 2015, at 1:22 PM, WA0ITP wa0itp@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

ka0ncr

Very Nice!

I hope I can make it this year.  Looking forward to seeing everyone and operating a bit.

I am wondering if anyone is going to try to do another long wire hung on a skyhook! (kite).
It was cool a couple of years ago to see it flying for just about the whole weekend on its own!

73 - Arnie KA0NCR

WA0ITP

I plan to bring some kites and a small radio controlled plane for folks to fly,  and something to sell on the tailgate.   Looking foreward to a fun social event again this year. While the radios are the focal point. To paraphrase QRP ARCI, "It's not ALL about the radio."  True indeed.

Looking forward to an eyeball at Brutus.

72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
www.wa0itp.com
wa0itp@...
On 5/29/2015 12:49 PM, ka0ncr@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Very Nice!

I hope I can make it this year.  Looking forward to seeing everyone and operating a bit.

I am wondering if anyone is going to try to do another long wire hung on a skyhook! (kite).
It was cool a couple of years ago to see it flying for just about the whole weekend on its own!

73 - Arnie KA0NCR

No virus found in this message.

Walter - K5EST

Hi Arnie, Hope you do make Big Brutus this year.

Terry, probably will have a kite or two, and I will have a couple of delta kites.
And, its possible that Bill - KV6Z will give us a challenge with a fighter kite.

73,

....Walter - K5EST....

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge all
I am bringing the smoker, skillet and some new "cowboy cooking" recipes, as well as a radio or two.
If the bands go dead we can always eat!
See you all there!
Johnny AC0BQ

On Friday, May 29, 2015, k5est@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Hi Arnie, Hope you do make Big Brutus this year.

Terry, probably will have a kite or two, and I will have a couple of delta kites.
And, its possible that Bill - KV6Z will give us a challenge with a fighter kite.

73,

....Walter - K5EST....

--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72

W0IIT

"And, its possible that Bill - KV6Z will give us a challenge with a fighter kite.

Quoted from K5EST’s email.

LET THE KITE WARS BEGIN!!!!!!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS