Anyone out there tonite?

Jeremy Utley

Hey all! Is anyone out there listening tonite? I got the KX3 up and
running, up on 7122, was wondering if anyone could give a listen?

Jeremy, NQ0M

bobby rolph

I am listening on 7.122.
kb4qnr
Bobby

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 10:50 PM, Jeremy Utley jerutley@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Hey all! Is anyone out there listening tonite? I got the KX3 up and
running, up on 7122, was wondering if anyone could give a listen?

Jeremy, NQ0M

Jeremy Utley

Thanks, Bobby.  I got with Darryl, KK5IB, and realized just how rusty I am in my CW.  Sorry to subject you to that, Darryl!  Sounds like maybe you hooked up with someone (I'm still listening in).

I'm gonna start getting serious about re-learning CW, so I can start having fun with you guys!

Jeremy, NQ0M

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 10:34 PM, Bobby Rolph <rolph981@...> wrote:
I am listening on 7.122.
kb4qnr
Bobby

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 10:50 PM, Jeremy Utley jerutley@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Hey all! Is anyone out there listening tonite? I got the KX3 up and
running, up on 7122, was wondering if anyone could give a listen?

Jeremy, NQ0M

bobby rolph

I am glad to see that you have a KX3 Jeremy. I am thinking real hard about buying but I also have been looking at the TenTec Argo VI. Do you know of anyone in the club that has the Tentec QRP rig. They are selling it with the roofing filter and the hand for $849.
72/3 de kb4qnr
Bobby

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 11:37 PM, Jeremy Utley jerutley@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Thanks, Bobby.  I got with Darryl, KK5IB, and realized just how rusty I am in my CW.  Sorry to subject you to that, Darryl!  Sounds like maybe you hooked up with someone (I'm still listening in).

I'm gonna start getting serious about re-learning CW, so I can start having fun with you guys!

Jeremy, NQ0M

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 10:34 PM, Bobby Rolph <rolph981@...> wrote:
I am listening on 7.122.
kb4qnr
Bobby

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 10:50 PM, Jeremy Utley jerutley@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Hey all! Is anyone out there listening tonite? I got the KX3 up and
running, up on 7122, was wondering if anyone could give a listen?

Jeremy, NQ0M

Jeremy Utley

There are a few Argo's in the group, I know, but not sure who all has them.  I've been salivating over the KX3 for a couple of years now, since my first trip to Ozarkcon in 2013 when I got to go hands on with Jim Sheldon's KX3.  Recently had a little bit of money come my way, and the XYL said I could finally make the jump.  It just got delivered this afternoon, and set it up tonite.  Definately sounds good tho!  You wouldn't go wrong if you picked it up, I don't think!

Jeremy

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 10:46 PM, Bobby Rolph <rolph981@...> wrote:
[...]

James Rodenkirch

Bobby: go to eham.net and read the reviews on the Argo VI: http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/10849

You'll find my input on page 3. The receiver is sooooooooo quiet and a joy to use during contests.

72 de Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV

To: 4sqrp@...; jerutley@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 23:46:36 -0400
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Anyone out there tonite?

[...]

Michael McEwen

Re: relearning CW...you are right bro...I'm only copying about 20% of good cw (20-30 wpm) but have got myself on re-training...now am only about 10-12 wpm...don't like to send faster than I can copy and vice-versa.

James Rodenkirch

The CW OPS club has a CW Academy you can sign up for....go here for the details:

http://cwops.org/

Look for the CW Academy button on the left hand side - no cost, just find an open enrollment period...I believe the current "class" is full.

72 de Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV

To: 4sqrp@...; jerutley@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 07:53:15 -0500

Re: relearning CW...you are right bro...I'm only copying about 20% of good cw (20-30 wpm) but have got myself on re-training...now am only about 10-12 wpm...don't like to send faster than I can copy and vice-versa.

Michael McEwen

Last time I checked CW OPS, they were full and waiting for 2016 enrollments...

_ _ ...   .. _ _ _

Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886

Michael T McEwen
Lt Col, US Army, Ret

Cellular Phone:  580 919-9205
Residence:  580 529-3412

To: 4sqrp@...; jerutley@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 07:53:15 -0500

Re: relearning CW...you are right bro...I'm only copying about 20% of good cw (20-30 wpm) but have got myself on re-training...now am only about 10-12 wpm...don't like to send faster than I can copy and vice-versa.

w2sh@...

WAØITP and I both have the Tentec 539, aka Argo VI, and had we delayed our purchases, the cost would have been less than the $999 we both paid.  Both he and I like the rig, but we both have our gripes.  I'm still composing my dislike list, but I'm using the rig full-time and not planning to let go of it.

72,

Charles (aka Chas), W2SH

To: 4sqrp@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 23:13:31 -0500

[...]

Joshua Gould, K8WXA <jg.k8wxa@...>

I got placed back in for jan/feb 2016. I'm going to work with the K7QO code course right now as I can't talk much and therefore can't play radio. Too bad I wasn't able to complete the course in apr/may...  I'd still be keying away.

72,
Joshua Gould
K8WXA
EM89pn

KX3# 7480
NAQCC # 7704
OMISS # 9948
4SQRP # 990
FP # 3579

This message was sent from an iPhone. Please excuse any typos and the brevity of responses

To: 4sqrp@...; jerutley@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 07:53:15 -0500

Re: relearning CW...you are right bro...I'm only copying about 20% of good cw (20-30 wpm) but have got myself on re-training...now am only about 10-12 wpm...don't like to send faster than I can copy and vice-versa.

James Rodenkirch

There is a Straight Key CW Club (SKCC) weekend contest this coming weekend that might be a great practice opportunity..... check Bruce' contest calendar site for info:

http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/

72 de Jim R. K9JWV

From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 07:53:15 -0500