Wednesday Night 40m Net

dekle@...

Well, listening to that kind of thunderstorm QRN builds character they say.
(I just made that up because I'm demented from the lightning crashes in my earphones.)
I did get a chance to use my new Navy Flameproof key and, as far as I could tell, no one was laughing.

Several persistent stations made it in:

WA9PWP    Paul       Stoughton WI
N5AF          Sam       Cleveland, TX (On his 1 watt 6V6 transmitter.)
KD0WF       Jim         Columbia, MO
WD9F         Woody    Springfield, IL  (This guy has patience!)
AC0BQ       Johnny    Lebo, KS   (Best copy of the night.)
WN0I          Andy       Jefferson City, MO

And I barely missed another one just under the noise.
We tried as hard as we could, but it was a no-go.
I think there was a "U" in the call? Maybe not.
A real heart breaker. Next week for sure.

Thanks everybody
73
Bill
KV6Z

Johnny AC0BQ

Good job, Bill
You new flame proof was sounding good!
The Qrn was tough, but my nvis for 40 helped.
I was prepared to relay for Woody, I had him solid at 5-5 to 5-8 but you guys got Er done!
What is the proper Q code for relay?
We discussed this before, but I can't remember?
72
Thanks
Johnny AC0BQ

--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72

James Rodenkirch

QSP for relay?

To: 4sqrp@...; dekle@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 21:03:19 -0500
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Wednesday Night 40m Net

[...]

Malachi Doane

Holy wow was that something!

 I was the last station trying to get in - N2QFD-

 I did have some up's WA9PRP was 559 at peak
                                WD9F also was great here.
                                WN0I was another 459

  Bill you were a 339 on your peaks here in NY and it was demented with the static crashes but I stuck with it. There was another NY station trying at the beginning of the net W2SH who was very loud here.

 Guess no one heard me at the end for a relay, but then again I'm sure I was hearing things (or not hearing) from all that static!

 Best 73 to all

 Mal

dekle <dekle@...>

Hi Mal,

Well, we gave it a try.
I looked at the real-time lightning map just before the net and knew it was going to be a bit of a struggle.

I got Woody one letter at a time and never heard Charles at all.
Well - that's radio for ya. HI.
I was happy to get the ones that I did.
...and I always have fun.
CU next time Mal,

73
Bill
KV6Z

 I was the last station trying to get in - N2QFD-

 I did have some up's WA9PRP was 559 at peak
                                WD9F also was great here.
                                WN0I was another 459

  Bill you were a 339 on your peaks here in NY and it was demented with the static crashes but I stuck with it. There was another NY station trying at the beginning of the net W2SH who was very loud here.

 Guess no one heard me at the end for a relay, but then again I'm sure I was hearing things (or not hearing) from all that static!

 Best 73 to all

 Mal

w2sh@...

Well, I'm glad to know I was loud in Elmira, NY, but I sure wasn't loud farther away.

Bill, KV6Z, was barely 449 here.  I dropped my callsign a couple of times, but no luck.

As previously explained my 76' up and 90' out inverted L came down when the tree supporting it died and was removed last month.  The only antenna up now is a 270' sloping dipole at an average height of 45'.  It works well out to about 400 miles, but not so for kilomile distances.

72,

Charles (aka Chas), W2SH

To: 4sqrp@...; rocket_man77@...

 I was the last station trying to get in - N2QFD-

 I did have some up's WA9PRP was 559 at peak
                                WD9F also was great here.
                                WN0I was another 459

  Bill you were a 339 on your peaks here in NY and it was demented with the static crashes but I stuck with it. There was another NY station trying at the beginning of the net W2SH who was very loud here.

 Guess no one heard me at the end for a relay, but then again I'm sure I was hearing things (or not hearing) from all that static!

 Best 73 to all

 Mal

Sam Neal

Hello,

I monitor the boat-anchor/QRP frequencies almost all day every day and ran
across Butch KA5HRF in Lexington Texas on 7110 running his Ameco AC-1. It
sure sounded good. Be on the look out for him. He is rock-bound.

73,

Sam Neal N5AF
[...]

I have a J-5-A flame-proof - looks kinda like a Skoal can. It hasn't started
any fires yet! I have another flame-proof but haven't hooked it up yet.

73,

Sam Neal N5AF

On Wednesday, June 10, 2015, dekle@atlasok.com [4sqrp] <
4sqrp@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

Paul Smith

Skoal can shaped key is a good description. I have one and it works pretty smooth. I would like to find a Navy flameproof but usually those are out of my price range. I found mine in a junk box at a hamfest. I cleaned some dirt off it and started to use it. The round top is beat up and scratched but it works ok.

de Paul N0NBD

--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72