Tonights 40m net, Important information, please read!

Wayne Dillon

G'day all.
Starting this evening I'm going to incorporate QSP's into the net operation. This necessitates a more formalized approach to the net

so with that in mind I sought the wisdom of the group and an operator whose skills and knowledge I hold in very high regard has walked me through the basic procedure. Here is how it will proceed:

At net start time I will make the following call - CQ 4SQRP CQ 4SQRP CQ 4SQRP Wayne FT920 G5RVjr 5 WATTS KS. CQ 4SQRP QNI K? (@ 12
WPM), please await the K before responding.
As you check in I will respond individually with R R your call then AS (AS Sent as one character di dah di di dit) Thus I will create a list of callers. When a lull in check-ins occurs I'll call one more time CQ 4SQRP QNI K?
Further check-ins will be acknowledged as above.

With the list as complete as possible I will ask for QSP's - 4SQRP de NQ0RP QSP?K If there are any relays, now's your chance. The QSP station will relay the call and other info from the station requesting assistance. The station performing the QSP will retain his/her position on the list and will be called in turn.

When any QSP business is taken care of I will go down the list, calling each station in the order I checked them in.

With business complete I will close the net with - de NQ0RP QNI nil The 4SQRP net meets wednesdays at 19:30 CT on 7122 kHz all are welcome dit dit. (again at 12wpm)

PLease be aware that this is a learning process for me. It's as daunting for me as when I started the informal net a while back (how many years Terry?) Some of you may already be conversant with net procedures, please be patient with me, I'll do the best I can. As I get more of them under my belt it'll get easier for everyone.

Thanks to all for your encouragement and I hope understanding of my mistakes,
Vy 72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - NQ0RP

--

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - NQ0RP

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

Membership Chairman - 4SQRP Group
4SQRP 40m NCS
4SQRP #95
FISTS 17184
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155T
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686

Johnny AC0BQ

I would bet I'm on your Qsp list, Wayne
40 always seems long!!
Thanks
Johnny AC0BQ

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016, Wayne Dillon wayne.dillon@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

Don Wilhelm

It may be time to investigate NVIS antennas for 40 meters for those of you in the 4 states area - not good for those of us who are more remote.

Of course even that those may not be effective for those committed to 5 watts output or less, ground absorption may take its toll on radiated power even with NVIS antennas. It may be time to consider Effective Radiated Power for QRP operation rather than power output from the transmitter.

Put up a 40 meter dipole 10 to 20 feet off the ground and give it a try. The length may vary significantly from the "standard" cut formula of 468 divided by frequency in MHz, so cut it long and trim while using your antenna analyzer.

Yes, 40 meters goes long here prior to sunset. I hear lots of Europeans from my location 150 miles from the East coast on my inverted vee with the center at 50 feet.

73,
Don W3FPR

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016, Wayne Dillon wayne.dillon@gmail.com <mailto:wayne.dillon@gmail.com> [4sqrp] <4sqrp@yahoogroups.com <mailto:4sqrp@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:

[...]

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we
cannot pay...

http://www.4sqrp.com/index.php
Membership Chairman - 4SQRP Group
4SQRP 40m NCS
4SQRP #95
FISTS 17184
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155T
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686

--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ ..

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Don
I have one, it's mounted at 6 feet with 3 reflector radials mounted directly under it.
It's like a 2 element beam pointed straight up!
Works well, very quiet.
72
Johnny

--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72

w2sh@...

Johnny,

Surprise!  You were 449 in NJ tonight.

72,

Charles (aka Chas), W2SHi

To: 4sqrp@...; donwilh@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 18:53:20 -0500
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Tonights 40m net, Important information, please read!

--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72

Johnny AC0BQ

I had you about the same Chas!
First time I have heard Wayne in months!!
72
Johnny

To: 4sqrp@...; donwilh@...
From: 4sqrp@...