Looking Fer Rig

Jim

After 36 years of collecting numbers, major contests and trying for DX, I have decided to go 100 % QRP. Have dabbled in it from time to time. I just want regular QSOs, maybe rag chew. I plan on doing a lot of portable operating this Spring, Summer, Fall. Build kits in Winter. Consequently, I am looking for trail friendly radio, like Elecraft KX-1 with the four bands, Hendricks PFR-B, or A, You kits. Having knobs on top looks convienent. No KX-3. Something trail friendly that fits in a back pack for bicycle trips. I have SLA batteries. I wish there was QRP only classifieds on line.  Thank you very much. Jim, NV9X.

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge
 Jim:
I don't have any thing for sale right now, butt will comment on the Qrp only on line.
I have been thinking about proposing that the 4 state group start up a listing page?

I have to pitch it to the web savy folks in our group and see how hard it is to do!
Hang around and let's see what happens?

--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72

Ariel Jacala

I have a YouKits EK1A for sale.  It has 3 bands and is the size of a couple of packs of cigarettes.  I have several YouTube videos of the rig in action in my blog.   Asking. $150.   I just finished building it around the new year.

Ariel NY4G

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 28, 2016, at 6:09 PM, nv9x@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

After 36 years of collecting numbers, major contests and trying for DX, I have decided to go 100 % QRP. Have dabbled in it from time to time. I just want regular QSOs, maybe rag chew. I plan on doing a lot of portable operating this Spring, Summer, Fall. Build kits in Winter. Consequently, I am looking for trail friendly radio, like Elecraft KX-1 with the four bands, Hendricks PFR-B, or A, You kits. Having knobs on top looks convienent. No KX-3. Something trail friendly that fits in a back pack for bicycle trips. I have SLA batteries. I wish there was QRP only classifieds on line.  Thank you very much. Jim, NV9X.

Bob Zolecki

Jim  Where the hell have you been!!!...This is Bob the guy you had coffee at McDons  143 and Bell rd...I'm the KITTER for the 4S-Tuner from 4SQrp club now...Went to Ozarkcon April 1-2  had fun there...Some day when the bands get better I need to work you for ur 4SQRP number, no hurry tho.....I just did the WAS-T with QRP power....I only have a qrp rig at the moment PFR-3-A...Anyway good to see ur still around....

73 de Bob KR9Z

After 36 years of collecting numbers, major contests and trying for DX, I have decided to go 100 % QRP. Have dabbled in it from time to time. I just want regular QSOs, maybe rag chew. I plan on doing a lot of portable operating this Spring, Summer, Fall. Build kits in Winter. Consequently, I am looking for trail friendly radio, like Elecraft KX-1 with the four bands, Hendricks PFR-B, or A, You kits. Having knobs on top looks convienent. No KX-3. Something trail friendly that fits in a back pack for bicycle trips. I have SLA batteries. I wish there was QRP only classifieds on line.  Thank you very much. Jim, NV9X.

Ken Talbott

There is a PFR-3 and HB-1B on eBay now.  Both are nice, although HB-1B benefits from addition of SCAF.

Ken – ke4rg

After 36 years of collecting numbers, major contests and trying for DX, I have decided to go 100 % QRP. Have dabbled in it from time to time. I just want regular QSOs, maybe rag chew. I plan on doing a lot of portable operating this Spring, Summer, Fall. Build kits in Winter. Consequently, I am looking for trail friendly radio, like Elecraft KX-1 with the four bands, Hendricks PFR-B, or A, You kits. Having knobs on top looks convienent. No KX-3. Something trail friendly that fits in a back pack for bicycle trips. I have SLA batteries. I wish there was QRP only classifieds on line.  Thank you very much. Jim, NV9X.

marjannorm

Hey, Jim,
Yes there is, on the qth.com site. On the main page, just type in "qrp" in the search panel and there you go!
Kind regards
Norm vk5gi
McLaren Vale
South Australia

Sent from my iPad

Wayne Dillon

Guys,
One of the best ways of exchanging numbers is to get on the Second Sunday Sweep (SSS) and work the gang that operate that event once a month... or, get on the Wednesday evening nets... Just thought I'd mention it...
Blessings all
Vy 72/3 de Wayne - NQ0RP

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 8:35 PM, bobzolecki@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - NQ0RP

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

Membership Chairman - 4SQRP Group
4SQRP 40m NCS
4SQRP #95
FISTS 17184
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155T
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686

John Lonigro

Wayne:

That's an excellent idea!  The SSS is very early in May, on the 8th, a little more than a week from now.  I know, it's Mother's Day.  Can't be helped.

Watch for reminders during the coming week.  Count this as a "pre-reminder" (hi).

72,

John AA0VE

On 04/29/2016 08:20 AM, Wayne Dillon wayne.dillon@... [4sqrp] wrote:

[...]

It was easy as that. Thanks Norm.

Sean Edwards

I am in the process of getting my QRP station together. So far, I have a Youkits HB-1B Mk II, the 80m/40m/30m/20m one, an Emtech ZM2 manual tuner, an LDG 1:1 Current Balun, and a K1EL K42 keyer.  I still have to build my 4SQRP Hi-Per-Mite CW Filter, and a Grandson of Zerobeat kit is on the way.  When the last two kits are built and mounted in a case, my QRP station will be complete! MWAH HA HA!

-= Sean Edwards =-
AD0QG

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 5:09 PM, nv9x@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

After 36 years of collecting numbers, major contests and trying for DX, I have decided to go 100 % QRP. Have dabbled in it from time to time. I just want regular QSOs, maybe rag chew. I plan on doing a lot of portable operating this Spring, Summer, Fall. Build kits in Winter. Consequently, I am looking for trail friendly radio, like Elecraft KX-1 with the four bands, Hendricks PFR-B, or A, You kits. Having knobs on top looks convienent. No KX-3. Something trail friendly that fits in a back pack for bicycle trips. I have SLA batteries. I wish there was QRP only classifieds on line.  Thank you very much. Jim, NV9X.

W0IIT

Hi Sean,

You want to bet?

cu es 72, Bart w0iit
Pittsburg, KS

On Apr 30, 2016, at 3:42 PM, Sean Edwards cybersean3000@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

I see your point!

- Sean Edwards
AD0QG
Omaha

On May 1, 2016 7:04 AM, "Bart Lawson" <blawson2@...> wrote:
[...]

Sean,

Yep!  It is like when I built my first computer it was a 386 machine running Windows 3.11.  The wife was a bit concerned about the expense and so I told her what I really believed at the moment, “Yes honey, it was a bit pricey but not near as much as we would have paid for a commercial brand computer and no matter, this is all the computer we will EVER need, it does every thing that we could possibly want from a computer!”

Later I taught computer skills at a local Vo-Tech school and I could give a LOOOONG LIST of my statements that started out,”Yes, that is a large hard drive at 100meg but why would you want one any larger?”

And, so it goes:-)

cu es 72, Bart w0iit
Pittsburg, KS

On May 1, 2016, at 8:20 AM, Sean Edwards cybersean3000@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

Bart,

It may be more expensive this way, but building it a component at a time is more affordable.  It makes sense if you don't think about it.

-Sean Edwards
AD0QG
Omaha