Best GO BAG for airlines? Antenna on 7th floor condo!

Michael Kana

I have used a "511" tactical ammo bag for carry on - holds the laptop, kx3 and misc stuff.
It has huge cargo pockets
Ive used this bag for carry on when I've flown cheapskate airlines and they bill you for everything

Warning!  This is transmitted over a non secure medium

On May 17, 2016, at 4:31 PM, Charles Powell doctorcwp@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Phil,

You can put the misc. stuff in your packed luggage, but you should take the radios on board with you.  Or at least that is what the TSA recommends. My radios (SDR, KX3, PX3, sometimes a hand-held) sometimes garner a small amount of attention, but generally it is not a problem.  Get either a tool bag, backpack or a gym bag, and pack clothing around the radios if the stuff is loose.  Leave the radios near the top.  That way if they lose your suitcase, you have the important stuff - clean underwear and the rigs.  The rest can be replaced.

I actually have gotten to the point of taking my backpack, with all the actual radio gear, laptop, and iPad,  and a carryon sized suitcase that holds my magnetic loop and most of the other things I need - mostly underwear.  I wear hospital scrubs 99% of the time when I travel so I just need clean underwear and socks.  It works for me.

Finally, Hamlog and Rumlog have versions for iPhone iPad.  I’m sure there are others. I found Rumlog easier to use but that’s because I also use it on my laptop (Macbook Air).

72,

Chas NK8O

On May 17, 2016, at 4:08 PM, davemrtn davemrtn@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

None of this would be a problem if you would just drive there.
However, if you were looking forward to removing half your clothing and getting a pat-down, and if you're lucky maybe even groped, you might try talking to the xyl before you hit the road.