Topics

can't seem to load jt65a on my windows 10 computer?

Phil <w0xiphil@...>

Hello 4SQRPers. Just wondering if anyone else has/had that problem with this weak signal mode and/or is on JT65A on HF now?

The WSJT instructions say to download the program into a non-standard location c: \wsjt\wsjt-10.0. The program did download a bunch of files into that location......but an .exe file seems to be missing? Any clues?

I’m wanting to run WSJT JT65A on my K3 with vertical antenna to see how it does on 20-meters. The same program, supposedly can be used to run on 70 cm for moon-bounce, which is my end objective.............but figured I’d get experience on HF with this mode first..........since I have the equipment for that now.

No love so far.....HM?

Uncle Phil / w0xi

Avast logo

Bob Zolecki

Hey Uncle Phil...Thought I read somewhere that JT65B is used for moon bounce...unless its only used for moon bounce on 2M....Anyway don't know about ur problem..gl 73 de Bob KR9Z

Hello 4SQRPers. Just wondering if anyone else has/had that problem with this weak signal mode and/or is on JT65A on HF now?

The WSJT instructions say to download the program into a non-standard location c: \wsjt\wsjt-10.0. The program did download a bunch of files into that location......but an .exe file seems to be missing? Any clues?

I’m wanting to run WSJT JT65A on my K3 with vertical antenna to see how it does on 20-meters. The same program, supposedly can be used to run on 70 cm for moon-bounce, which is my end objective.............but figured I’d get experience on HF with this mode first..........since I have the equipment for that now.

No love so far.....HM?

Uncle Phil / w0xi

Avast logo

WA0ITP

Hey Unc,  Does the B in JT65B stand for "bounce"  :o)
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.

[...]

Errrrrrrrrrr no; you can have A or D............and –yes- D is for Dunce!
Will really, A for analog or D for digital............how the signals are applied to the outgoing message, etc.

Nice to hear from you Terry and Bob. Hope all is well. Pat and I are off to Panama City Beach (a shore town near Panama City but closer to the water). I UPS’d my go bag this morning; it includes my K1-4, bencher paddle, and a small power supply plus 20-meter dipole. I’ll tape the dipole to the porch window on the 7th floor deck . If I have any luck, I’ll post some spots on 4sqrp and see if I can work back this way.

72, Unc W0XI

Hello 4SQRPers. Just wondering if anyone else has/had that problem with this weak signal mode and/or is on JT65A on HF now?

The WSJT instructions say to download the program into a non-standard location c: \wsjt\wsjt-10.0. The program did download a bunch of files into that location......but an .exe file seems to be missing? Any clues?

I’m wanting to run WSJT JT65A on my K3 with vertical antenna to see how it does on 20-meters. The same program, supposedly can be used to run on 70 cm for moon-bounce, which is my end objective.............but figured I’d get experience on HF with this mode first..........since I have the equipment for that now.

No love so far.....HM?

Uncle Phil / w0xi

Avast
                                      logo

Avast logo

Ken Harthun

Hello, Phil,

As an IT professional, I have stayed far away from Windows 10 after testing it on a brand new Dell netbook. I went as far as to buy an older Toshiba netbook running Windows XP, though I do endorse Windows 7 for general use.

I see no reason why we should have to continually struggle with getting things to work just because Micro$oft decides they have to continually fix things that aren't broken, breaking things that are working in the process.

If you can somehow roll back to Win7, I recommend that. I can help you do that legally.

73 de Ken W4KGH

Sent from my iPhone

Dennis Gaskill

The wsjt.exe file is hiding in the  'bin'  folder
When you run the install, right click and select "Run as Admin"............
Win 7 and on are rather persnickety about
where you put stuff.

I hope this helps

Dennis KC0IFQ

Cecil Bayona <cecil.bayona@...>

I have quite a few computers at home, all of them are running Windows 10, and things have been pretty smooth until recently. One thing I did before I converted any PC to Windows 10 was to take an image of the system with Windows 7 Ultimate, that way I can revert back an any time and not have to deal with Microsoft 30 day limit.

Recently I been working with FPGAs to implement custom CPUs, but in order to test the CPUs I need software capable of running on the one of a kind CPU, so I been using Forth which is easy to modify for a new CPU. Recently I converted my last CPU to Windows 10 and immediately started running into problems, the software sort of looks like it's running but it is not running right. I have wasted a lot of time trying to figure out why it's not running right but found nothing so far so maybe it's time to revert one of the PCs back to Windows 7 where it all runs fine. Currently I'm running a Windows 7 Virtual PC using VMware and that works but I'm not 100% happy with that solution.

There is not much time left to get free updates, but I always recommended to people to create an image of the PC before doing the upgrade, I use Macrium Reflect, it free and works well. Even if you are not upgrading to Windows 10 it's a good idea to keep an image of your system in case something goes terribly wrong, in that case a restore from your image will set your system back to the way it was when you  made the image. I update my images when I make major changes to the PC but still keep the original just in case, Large Hard drives are cheap these days. I use a plain 3 TB drive and an Orico External USB Dock which I bought on sale for $15 to make an image of all my PCs.

< http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx   >
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1DS0FR8421  >

--
Cecil - k5nwa
http://thepartsplace.k5nwa.com/

Don Wilhelm

As a "not a casual user" but not an IT professional, I have not found any problem with Windows 10.
I have 7 of the 8 computers running on my home peer to peer network with Win 10 loaded - one is the ham shack dedicated computer. The only one I have not upgraded is the one I use at the workbench which is running Windows 7.

I will upgrade the workbench computer in the next few day and can give you a better report after that happens. If I have problems, I will roll it back to Win7.

So far, all the applications that I had used under WinXP and Win7 are working fine under Win10, and that includes several ham applications. Note that I no longer use ham applications that were written back in the 'dark days' of DOS and Win3.1, and IMHO if you are still using those applications, you need to keep a computer dedicated to those applications.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 7/19/2016 9:47 AM, W4KGH ken@w4kgh.net [4sqrp] wrote:

Hello, Phil,

As an IT professional, I have stayed far away from Windows 10 after testing it on a brand new Dell netbook. I went as far as to buy an older Toshiba netbook running Windows XP, though I do endorse Windows 7 for general use.

I see no reason why we should have to continually struggle with getting things to work just because Micro$oft decides they have to continually fix things that aren't broken, breaking things that are working in the process.

If you can somehow roll back to Win7, I recommend that. I can help you do that legally.

Donald Sanders

Well I may like Windoz 10 but when Microsoft upgraded my 8.1 to 10 they removed the ability to reset the password.
Windoz 10 requires you to make a reset disc, but does not tell you this.
Somehow a Trojan  got in past the checkers and reset my password. Now 10 wont let me in. I'm checking for a means to reset the computer.
Service says that for $59 they will send me the program, but I need a separate computer and jump drive.
Also when it resets, it wipes everything on the hard drive and resets the computer.
Resets it to what? 8.1 or 10. Who knows. They would not say.

So if you have windoz 10, make sure you make the backup of data often and make all the reset discs.
Another great product from Microsoft-NOT!!!

Dr. Don HC4/W4BWS

On 7/19/2016 9:47 AM, W4KGH ken@... [4sqrp] wrote:

> Hello, Phil,
>
> As an IT professional, I have stayed far away from Windows 10 after
> testing it on a brand new Dell netbook. I went as far as to buy an
> older Toshiba netbook running Windows XP, though I do endorse Windows
> 7 for general use.
>
> I see no reason why we should have to continually struggle with
> getting things to work just because Micro$oft decides they have to
> continually fix things that aren't broken, breaking things that are
> working in the process.
>
> If you can somehow roll back to Win7, I recommend that. I can help you
> do that legally.

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
Plan to attend OzarkCon on - April 1-2, 2016

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    4sqrp-digest@...
    4sqrp-fullfeatured@...

Walter - K5EST

With all the problems with Win 10, working old time CW is still wonderful!!!!

The college just changed us over to Win 16, so now I wonder what fun that it is going to present!

73....Walter - K5EST