Topics

semi OT

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

I am usually the last to find something, but on the off chance I am not, here's a link to a neat web site I just found for issues of "Popular Electronics" magazines.

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Popular-Electronics-Guide.htm

--
David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar.
If the Democrats want to get rid of guns because all lives matter,

Thanks to Bill & Hillary Clinton, the FBI has lost their credibility
as an investigative agency.

Jim Beard

Thanks David - this is great!

On Jul 25, 2016, at 11:40 PM, David Martin davemrtn@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I am usually the last to find something, but on the off chance I am not,
here's a link to a neat web site I just found for issues of "Popular
Electronics" magazines.

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Popular-Electronics-Guide.htm

--
David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar.
If the Democrats want to get rid of guns because all lives matter,
Then we must get rid of abortion doctors for the same reason.
Look at the statistics..... http://www.romans322.com/daily-death-rate-statistics.php

Thanks to Bill & Hillary Clinton, the FBI has lost their credibility
as an investigative agency.

Jim Beard

K4EQ

Holy cow, what a great, nostalgic site! Time to dig out my WPE8ETW Short Wave Monitor certificate. Thanks for passing along this info.

Johnny AC0BQ

Gm Dave

Sorry the time lag with my reply.

This bring back many memories from my youth (been a while)

My grandfather had stacks of popular electronics as well as popular mechanics

in his book pile!

I spent many a night reading thru these from cover to cover, even if they were years old, it was new input to me!!

The article that sticks most in my mind, was the one about cell phones.

They described the exact system that is currently in place today, possibly 20 years before it became today's reality!!

It sounded like science fiction or star wars stuff back then!

I thought to my self as i read the article, this will never happen in my life time!!!

Oh well, I was wrong!

On 7/26/2016 6:35 AM, Jim Beard jfbeard@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Thanks David - this is great!

On Jul 25, 2016, at 11:40 PM, David Martin davemrtn@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I am usually the last to find something, but on the off chance I am not,
here's a link to a neat web site I just found for issues of "Popular
Electronics" magazines.

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Popular-Electronics-Guide.htm

--
David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar.
If the Democrats want to get rid of guns because all lives matter,
Then we must get rid of abortion doctors for the same reason.
Look at the statistics..... http://www.romans322.com/daily-death-rate-statistics.php

Thanks to Bill & Hillary Clinton, the FBI has lost their credibility
as an investigative agency.

Jim Beard

W0IIT

Hi Johnny,

If I wrote a list of the thing that I thought, “not in my lifetime!!”  the list would be too long and show how short sighted I was/am.

A lot of the list would be in the realm of computers and the internet!

We live in a wonderful time with a lot of technology to keep us learning and expanding our horizons!!

You got to love it.

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp=#72, FP=#11, ARS=#568,
SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819,
Zombie=#500, Geratol=#1000

On Jul 30, 2016, at 12:32 PM, J Matlock jomatlock@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

James Compton

If you'd like to watch a fascinating video about what you're describing, look at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=Kxryv2XrnqM

It is one of the most interesting discussions of the advancement of technology I've seen!

Jim K4JDC