Camping at Brutus

Paul Smith

Who else is planning on camping at Brutus? Toodles and I will travel down after Toodles gets off work on Friday. There are several people going to get rooms in Pittsburg and play at Brutus. Hope to see U there de Paul N0NBD

Charlie Vest

If nothing changes between now and then , myself , W5COV and my brother , KC0WAB , will be coming over , probably for the entire event.

We were there a couple of years back and really enjoyed it.

Unfortunately last year , my XYL was in the VA hospital in Wichita in the Hospice unit , and passed away on September 15th.

Will probably bring my KX3 and maybe my X1M to "play radio" with.

Charlie , W5COV

---- "Paul Smith psmith61@cox.net [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Who else is planning on camping at Brutus? Toodles and I will travel down after Toodles gets off work on Friday. There are several people going to get rooms in Pittsburg and play at Brutus. Hope to see U there de Paul N0NBD

Paul Smith

Hello Charlie,
Glad to hear you will be along. cu there.
de Paul N0NBD

________________________________

To: psmith61@cox.net; 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com
From: 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 12:02:17 -0400
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Camping at Brutus

If nothing changes between now and then , myself , W5COV and my brother
, KC0WAB , will be coming over , probably for the entire event.

We were there a couple of years back and really enjoyed it.

Unfortunately last year , my XYL was in the VA hospital in Wichita in
the Hospice unit , and passed away on September 15th.

Will probably bring my KX3 and maybe my X1M to "play radio" with.

Charlie , W5COV

---- "Paul Smith psmith61@cox.net [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
Who else is planning on camping at Brutus? Toodles and I will travel
down after Toodles gets off work on Friday. There are several people
going to get rooms in Pittsburg and play at Brutus. Hope to see U there
de Paul N0NBD

Ed Meyer, WG5F

Karen & I are planning to come up this year.

Only for the day Saturday.

We'll get there in the early afternoon.

First time for Karen.

Last time for me was when I rode with Bill Dekle KV6Z and Bruce Winkelman AA5CO a couple of years back.

We're excited to see the group.

72,

-Ed, WG5F-

Paul Smith

Ok Ed we will look for you there
de Paul N0NBD

________________________________

To: 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com
From: 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 13:38:17 -0700
Subject: [4sqrp] Re: Camping at Brutus

Karen & I are planning to come up this year.

Only for the day Saturday.

We'll get there in the early afternoon.

First time for Karen.

Last time for me was when I rode with Bill Dekle KV6Z and Bruce
Winkelman AA5CO a couple of years back.

We're excited to see the group.

72,

-Ed, WG5F-

Jim Walker <KI7BKK@...>

I am new here so please tell me what "Brutus" is and where?

Jim
KI7BKK

---- "Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:
> Who else is planning on camping at Brutus? Toodles and I will travel down after Toodles gets off work on Friday. There are several people going to get rooms in Pittsburg and play at Brutus. Hope to see U there de Paul N0NBD

Paul Smith

There should be some pictures of Brutus on the 4sqrp web page. Brutus is a retired strip mine shovel that sits south of Pittsburg Ks. He is about 600 ft to the top of the boom... Sadly we can not go that high wouldn't that make a wonderful antenna perch! Terry and Bart started the Brutus Bash several years ago as another 4state gathering. Thats about aLL I know. Brutus Bash is this weekend and there will be some camping and lots of eating and eyeball qsos and some on air qsos with the club call WQ5RP. It will be a blast!
 de Paul N0NBD

________________________________

To: 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com; cvest@cox.net
From: 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 14:54:20 -0700

cvest@cox.net<mailto:cvest@cox.net> [4sqrp]

---- "Paul Smith psmith61@cox.net<mailto:psmith61@cox.net> [4sqrp]"
<4sqrp@yahoogroups.com<mailto:4sqrp@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:
Who else is planning on camping at Brutus? Toodles and I will travel
down after Toodles gets off work on Friday. There are several people
going to get rooms in Pittsburg and play at Brutus. Hope to see U there
de Paul N0NBD

Charles W. Powell

Wish I could go, but alas, I will be working in Nebraska. If I can get up to the Scotts Bluff National Monument, and the weather is decent, I will operate NPOTA again. Perhaps I can work a few 4SQRP stations from Big Brutus.

72,

Chas NK8O

To: 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com
From: 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 13:38:17 -0700

Karen & I are planning to come up this year.

Only for the day Saturday.

We'll get there in the early afternoon.

First time for Karen.

Last time for me was when I rode with Bill Dekle KV6Z and Bruce
Winkelman AA5CO a couple of years back.

We're excited to see the group.

72,

-Ed, WG5F-

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
Plan to attend OzarkCon on - April 1-2, 2016
------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

Fred

Chas - drop me a line when u activate a park

Fred ka4rur

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
Plan to attend OzarkCon on - April 1-2, 2016

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
4sqrp-digest@...
4sqrp-fullfeatured@...

WA0ITP

Here's additional info on Brutus.  It is one of my favorite camp grounds.
http://wa0itp.com/portableops.html
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.

To: 4sqrp@...; cvest@...
From: 4sqrp@...
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 14:54:20 -0700

<4sqrp@...> wrote:
Who else is planning on camping at Brutus? Toodles and I will travel
down after Toodles gets off work on Friday. There are several people
going to get rooms in Pittsburg and play at Brutus. Hope to see U there
de Paul N0NBD

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
Plan to attend OzarkCon on - April 1-2, 2016

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    4sqrp-digest@...
    4sqrp-fullfeatured@...

Tom Sevart

I got my reservation in. I'm kind of late doing that this year because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it or not. I'll be coming down early Saturday morning.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Paul Smith

Good to hear see u there. We should be leaving out shortly after noon tomorrow.
de Paul N0NBD

To: 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com
From: 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 19:35:52 -0500

I got my reservation in. I'm kind of late doing that this year because
I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it or not. I'll be
coming down early Saturday morning.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

---

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
Plan to attend OzarkCon on - April 1-2, 2016

Yahoo Groups Links

Curt

Will be watching spots and hoping to make contact with 4s folks at Brutus as the weekend progresses.  QRV with Rockmites on 40M and 20M.  72, Curt KB5JO #816

Charles W. Powell

Planning on being on air by 2100 UTC - about 1 hour from now.  MN66 Scotts Bluff National Monument.   I hope to do about the same tomorrow.

72,

Chas NK8O