Brutus Pics

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge all
If you didn't make it to Brutus, you missed a lot of good Fun, Friends, and Food!

They bands were terrible, but we wrangled out a few contacts with members and non members.
Woody was the first call in, and several others followed.
The bands went dead on us so we ate and visited!!
We also shared a great Chicken meal Friday night at Chicken Mary's!!

Hmm, did we go to eat or play radio or visit.....all the above!

Looking forward to seeing everyone at OZARKCON in the spring!
PS
There is a story behind the burnt wire pic!
Not sure what caused it, but lipo batteries do produce a lot of heat when their output is shorted!

--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72

Walter - K5EST

Hi All, yes Big Brutus was a fun gathering as always. Seems rain gets in the picture and this year Friday was perfect for rain, which left the Saturday a great day for flying kites, playing radio, and thanks to Chef Johnny - AC0BQ, the noon  BBQ ribs and brats were perfection! Oh.... can't leave out Pastry Chef Bart - W0IIT with the lemon cake! We 4 state qrp'ers lack nothing when it comes to nutrition.... LOL!

I must apologize to Woody - WD9F, if you look at Johnny's pictures there I am holding an Alex Loop trying to chase the key paddles and make a QSO with Woody. Being the excellent ham that Woody is, he read between the dits n dahs for a good QSO!

Only had a few pictures to show, this year I actually set up and got on the air instead of taking pictures and flying different kites!

73.... Walter - K5EST