NS 40

bobby rolph

Is there any possible way to get a NS 40? I went to the ebay listing at 6:30 Sunday morning and it said sold out.

Tnx de kb4qnr

Bobby in Kentucky

W0IIT

Bobby,

The small run of NS-40s was stopped due to a problem that cropped up.  Watch carefully here and the other QRP list servers for the announcement that they are once again available.  I have no idea of how many units are going to be available so it will probably be fast action.

Also the 4StateQRP Group are coming out with a transceiver in which the transmitter portion of the unit is a NS-40.  That kit will be available shortly.  Watch for that and check out www.4sqrp.com   Hang in there.

cu es 72, Bart w0iit
Pittsburg, KS
Moderator of the NS-40 Yahoo Group

On Oct 24, 2016, at 6:27 AM, rolph981@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Is there any possible way to get a NS 40? I went to the ebay listing at 6:30 Sunday morning and it said sold out.

Tnx de kb4qnr

Bobby in Kentucky

jwhumble@sbcglobal.net

I am waiting for the bayou jumper which uses the ns 40 tx. Will it be available with the bayou jumper or do I try to get one from this run?

Johnny AC0BQ

It's built into the Bayou Jumper
72
Johnny

--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72

John Lonigro

I'm not involved with the bayou jumper at all, but since it is called a "transceiver" and since it includes the NS40, my educated guess is that the NS40 circuitry is incorporated into the Bayou Jumper.  The NS40 offered by David is a stand-alone transmitter only, similar to (identical to?) the ones previously offered by 4SQRP.

I'm hoping all the interest in the Bayou Jumper will translate into more activity on the Second Sunday Sprint, since I understand one of the crystals included with the rig is the frequency used by many for that contest (7122 kHz).  Actually, the other crystal (7030 kHz) is often used as well.  Note the receiver coverage (about 120 kHz) is such that it should be able to receive both of those frequencies, one on each end of the tuning dial.

Speculating a little, I assume that, once all the parts have arrived, kitting has begun, and a suitable selling price has been determined, the kit will show up for sale on the 4SQRP website.

My favorite prayer:

"Lord, give me patience, but I want it NOW!"

72,

John, AA0VE

On 10/24/2016 10:00 AM, kb0qpm@... [4sqrp] wrote:

I am waiting for the bayou jumper which uses the ns 40 tx. Will it be available with the bayou jumper or do I try to get one from this run?

David Wilcox

Keep checking eBay.  I found one a few years ago set up with the SAXVO oscillator.  They show up every once in a while.

Dave K8WPE