SSS Results

John Lonigro

The number of QSO points from Sunday's SSS was not real impressive. According to the log, eight of us actually participated. In terms of percentage of club members, that is a very poor showing. However, I don't believe there were many months in which more than 8 members participated. Relatively speaking, we can say it was a good showing. Double digits should be a goal for December, which is the last month of the 2015-2016 SSS season. Maybe if enough of us try, one of us will get lucky and bag some rare DX from the north pole, as Santa takes a time out from making toys (on his 3-d printer).

The November winners were Chas (W2SH) and Johnny (AC0BQ), each with 3 QSO points. Chas has 78 points for the contest year, with Johnny coming in 2nd with 59 points. By the way, Johnny succeeded in moving up a notch in the year-long totals, surpassing Gary (KF7WNS-56 points), who must have taken the month off. Chas and Johnny will be receiving their November E-certificates shortly. According to the published rules, when the dust settles after the December Sprint, those who finish in the top three for the entire contest period will each receive E-certificates. It looks like Chas has 1st place in the bag, but the fight for 2nd place is far from over. And, of course, anybody can win the December E-certificate by finishing 1st for the month.

72,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator

Curt

Surely will participate if there are ever any morning or early afternoon events.  1300-2200Z are my potential operating times.  That's why WES is always a good one for me.  Tried a few times to check in to the Thursday morning nets but believe was told those are no longer operating.

72, Curt KB5JO

Gary Ekker <gardenerguy8@...>

4 State sprinters,

Unfortunately, I was on the road on Sunday.  Hated to miss the SSS and let Johnny pull ahead in the standings.  I'll have to work harder next month.  I'm in Utah this week..setting up an antenna today to get ready for the NAQCC Sprint tonight.

72,
Gary, KF7WNS

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 7:21 AM, 'John R. Lonigro' jonigro@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

AG1P Ron

Winds the night before took my stealth loop down.  I will be back next month.

72 - Ron AG1P