Kx1 speaker

johnk4qq@...

Am tired of using ear buds all the time.  Can you kx1 users recommend a small, inexpensive speaker? Thanks and 73, John, K4QQ

cornhusker

I use any of a number of small rechargeable speakers sold for use with cellphones, etc.  they are sold as MP3/ Bluetooth speakers, but almost all allow a headphone cable to be plugged into them.  Most have great audio for CW.  Look at dollar stores etc.

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 1:11 PM, johnk4qq@... [4sqrp]
<4sqrp@...> wrote:

Am tired of using ear buds all the time.  Can you kx1 users recommend a small, inexpensive speaker? Thanks and 73, John, K4QQ

Wayne Dillon

Failing that if you have an unused set of computer speakers try those, crap for music but serviceable for CW
Wayne - NQ0RP

--

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - NQ0RP

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

Membership Chairman - 4SQRP Group
4SQRP 40m NCS
4SQRP #95
FISTS 17184
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155T
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686
Zombie# 1186

RWeeks <neotoxo54@...>

I have a whole stable of speakers
PC Speakers...ok but susceptible to RF in the shack and don't don't sound that good to me...
Apple IHome bluetooth speakers...pretty handy, have a good sound but can be costly unless you catch them on sale somewhere...
MFJ-382...$40 pretty compact and IMHO the best sounding speaker for CW I have found to date.  Not sure there is anything special about it but the frequency range seems optimum for CW and to me it really shines with the weaker signals...
Good Luck...

SENT FROM MY IPAD MINI
Rocky Weeks, AF5AF
East Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29B
Arkansas Trappers Assoc.
South Western Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29A