Bayou Jumper..... unusual

davemrtn

The resistors supplied with the Bayou Jumper have leads of different length, one end being shorter than the other.

This is not a problem, just commenting because in all my years I have never come across resistors that the lead lengths were not the same.

To satisfy my curiosity, I would like to know what vendor these resistors were purchased from.

--
David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar.

Walter - K5EST

Most of the resistors were from Jameco............they may be polarized resistors........GRIN!!!!!!!!!!
73.......Walter - K5EST

On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 2:16 PM, David Martin davemrtn@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

The resistors supplied with the Bayou Jumper have leads of different
length, one end being shorter than the other.

This is not a problem, just commenting because in all my years I have
never come across resistors that the lead lengths were not the same.

To satisfy my curiosity, I would like to know what vendor these
resistors were purchased from.

--
David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar.

Larry Hastings

Hi Dave.  Is one lead longer than the other or is one lead shorter than the other?
They come to me with tape on both leads and are the same length. I use a pair of scissor to
cut just inside the tape on one side. It makes it easy to pull the resistors, RF chokes and Diodes
 off the other side out with my fingers. Hints one lead is short than the other.
I call them unbalanced resistors. Kind of like me. 72
Larry

davemrtn

ha ha....  really.

Is the long lead the anode or the cathode ?? hi hi

On 12/26/2016 16:37, Walter - K5EST wrote:
Most of the resistors were from Jameco............they may be polarized resistors........GRIN!!!!!!!!!!
73.......Walter - K5EST

On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 2:16 PM, David Martin davemrtn@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

The resistors supplied with the Bayou Jumper have leads of different
length, one end being shorter than the other.

This is not a problem, just commenting because in all my years I have
never come across resistors that the lead lengths were not the same.

To satisfy my curiosity, I would like to know what vendor these
resistors were purchased from.

--
David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar.

David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar.

davemrtn

I had considered they were received on tape and cut loose, but I thought it was too consistent to have been cut loose by hand.

Oh well, not important.  Like I said I was just curious.