From: "Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...>
To: "4sqrp@..." <4sqrp@...>
Sent: Monday, January 9, 2017 2:15 AM
Subject: [4sqrp] SSS

I stuck it out for an hour and made one contact. I heard a few other signals but not strong enough to work. Ill be hanging in the 7122 area for Jumpers tomorrow. de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

kb4qqj

Thanks to AC0BQ and KV6Z for dropping (I was a fair piece out of his PB) down to my rock freq I've managed two on the Bayou Jumper....still swinging.

Randy_KB4QQJ
00?....maybe
(Names hidden to protect other double naughts)

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Guys
The BJ SSS was fun!!
I know that isn't exactly what it was!!
I had a plan to use my KX-3 and work a pile of you guys, well I don't think 4 would make a pile!!
I heard a lot more than I got answers back from,
So I jumped to 80 and grabbed a couple more!!
It was fun, keep those jumpers fired up, makes for quite a pile up around 7.122!!!

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 8:15 PM Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I stuck it out for an hour and made one contact. I heard a few other signals but not strong enough to work. Ill be hanging in the 7122 area for Jumpers tomorrow. de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

RWeeks <neotoxo54@...>

Well, I hung out for about 45 minutes calling CQ on 7.121.025ish...freq seems to vary by a few hertz but the Reverse Beacons spotted me at 7.121.100...
Anyway, I did have a couple of answers but dialing them in on the regen is horse of a different color.  So I use my IC-760 with fldigi to spot the sigs but they were just too weak to copy...even with all the filters fldigi couldn't pull them out...but I could tell they were there...
SO, I will have to remember to give a long enough reply or call to allow other BJ'ers the time needed to dial in my signal...hopefully they will return the favor.
Enjoying the challenge. 72s

SENT FROM MY IPAD MINI
Rocky Weeks, AF5AF
East Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29B
Arkansas Trappers Assoc.
South Western Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29A

On Jan 8, 2017, at 20:15, Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I stuck it out for an hour and made one contact. I heard a few other signals but not strong enough to work. Ill be hanging in the 7122 area for Jumpers tomorrow. de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

John Lonigro

Paul:

I almost heard you here in Kirkwood, MO.  At least I heard "N0N__" and figured it was you.  But you were in the mud and then you disappeared.  Then I got on the phone with my kids and just got off around 9:15.  I listened around 7.122 for about 30 minutes with my bandwidth set high, plus I scanned back and forth about 10 kHz, in case I heard a Bayou Jumper.  Unless you were using one, I didn't hear any.

72,

John AA0VE

On 01/08/2017 08:15 PM, Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp] wrote:

I stuck it out for an hour and made one contact. I heard a few other signals but not strong enough to work. Ill be hanging in the 7122 area for Jumpers tomorrow. de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

Paul Smith

Hello John,

I was disappointed, I thought I would work a BUNCH of Jumpers but no soap. I will haunt 7122 this week to try to work a few. Gear here was KX2 and Doublet 5 watts.

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

I almost heard you here in Kirkwood, MO.  At least I heard "N0N__" and figured it was you.  But you were in the mud and then you disappeared.  Then I got on the phone with my kids and just got off around 9:15.  I listened around 7.122 for about 30 minutes with my bandwidth set high, plus I scanned back and forth about 10 kHz, in case I heard a Bayou Jumper.  Unless you were using one, I didn't hear any.

72,

John AA0VE

On 01/08/2017 08:15 PM, Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp] wrote:

I stuck it out for an hour and made one contact. I heard a few other signals but not strong enough to work. Ill be hanging in the 7122 area for Jumpers tomorrow. de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

Wayne Dillon

Good afternoon Everett,
Please don't let your code speed spoil your enjoyment on the nets/SSS. Part of our reason to be is to encourage operation and if that means slowing down to your speed, well that's what well do. It's all about improving, no matter how slowly, we'll work with you - always. so please do join in the Wednesday evening nets and the monthly SSS. We appreciate you.
be blessed and don't forget to listen out, call in at whatever speed you are comfortable with.
Hope to copy you soon
Vy 72/3 es God Bless de Wayne- NQ0RP

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 8:25 PM, Everett Catlin everettcatlin@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

N0NBD Hi my call is N5MZX. I heard your signal in Columbia, Tn. you were a 459. I enjoy QRP but my code speed suck after health problems. I am a member of qrparci no. 5770 and flying pigs no 1192

73 Everett catlin n5mzx

--

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - NQ0RP

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

Membership Chairman - 4SQRP Group
4SQRP 40m NCS
4SQRP #95
FISTS 17184
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155T
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686
Zombie# 1186

Paul Smith

I will say again Everett,

Just call and I will work whatever speed you like. de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

[...]

Same here
Johnny AC0BQ

From: "Paul Smith